• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Valentine's Sale 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser37497

Hello guys,

The announcement does offer an example of the timing. There is a new offer every 4 hours. Each offer is available to purchase for 3 hours. This is to ensure everyone gets the same amount of time to purchase the items they want. From the announcement:

During these times, the offer will be available for purchase for 3 hours. This means if you don't manage to get online until, say, 11:00, this offer will be available until 14:00, ensuring everyone gets a chance to access their favorite offers!

The purpose is so you don't login with 20 seconds to spare, and miss your opportunity to purchase the item you wanted in the sale.

As for the disinformation which has been spread, the Colossus Upgrade will not be available in this sale.

Cheers!

Richard

DeletedUser6120

Well, so far the Valentine store is a large disappointment! The first thing offered was forge points. Not much of a prize if you ask me. You can buy as many forge points as you like, any time you like, so why bother sticking them in a special sale? And the second item offered; the Valentine tree, which is pretty enough, but is a minor decoration not worth much, and which has been around so long that I would think a majority of players already have it.

I was hoping to see some nice offers in this store. Maybe some upgrade kits for The Ship or The Idol of Tholos, etc. Or maybe some One Up kits, or some of the more beautiful special event buildings. So far the store is nothing to get excited about, much less spend money in.

Agent327

Does anyone know if the Magnum Opus is 1 per city (so I could purchase it in 3 cities), or if it is only 1 allowed per account (so if I purchase it in one city, it's unavailable in other cities)?

Ever noticed the announcement that tells you how it works?

Agent327

Thanks for your rudeness!
The pop-up window doesn't really indicate if it's city or account. I could assume, but the announcement is really not clear.

"Some of the offers will be available multiple times and can be bought on different worlds, some offers can only bought once, so make sure you buy them on the correct world, as transfers to other worlds will not be possible."

You are right. That is not clear at all.

qaccy

"Some of the offers will be available multiple times and can be bought on different worlds, some offers can only bought once, so make sure you buy them on the correct world, as transfers to other worlds will not be possible."

You are right. That is not clear at all.

It's actually not. Where in that announcement does it clarify how you can tell whether an offer is once only or repeatable on multiple cities? All it does is say some offers are and some aren't, and that there are no transfers available if one wishes to move an erroneous purchase to another server.

Kesto11

These prizes are absolute crap for their cost. Who in their right mind wants to spend 2k diamonds on a an Obselisk or Magnum Opus, 50 FP... I am guessing there are some desperate people out there willing to shell out the diamonds, at least I would hope there is some market data to back up such ridiculous pricing. Choose any event ever and one can usually get multiple daily specials for 2k diamonds, plus additional prizes (Although most people who have been around have no use for anything other than Daily Specials, and even more of those are useless to long-term players). I get the need to appeal to lower players, but this is just comical.

For goodness sake, please advise the team to post the prizes beforehand, so we don't have to login every couple hours only to find ridiculous prizes for crap we haven't needed for years. Some transparency would clear up a lot of frustration from wasting time checking on useless stuff like this. The same goes for events. Post the Daily Specials in advance. There will be less complaints and frustration.

DeletedUser32211

I have a question: these sales generally give a price for the object and then say "-XX%" (like the obelisk is on sale now at 30% off). As far as I know, there is no place to buy these objects other than in these sales so how do you establish the base price? Do you just make them up?

qaccy

@Kesto11 If you ever think diamond prices here are 'ridiculous', you should check out Elvenar to gain some perspective. Players there evidently are willing to spend much more for much less. If they share market data at all, the cash/diamond prices in FoE are virtually a steal in comparison.

mamboking053

These prizes are absolute crap for their cost. Who in their right mind wants to spend 2k diamonds on a an Obselisk or Magnum Opus, 50 FP... I am guessing there are some desperate people out there willing to shell out the diamonds, at least I would hope there is some market data to back up such ridiculous pricing. Choose any event ever and one can usually get multiple daily specials for 2k diamonds, plus additional prizes (Although most people who have been around have no use for anything other than Daily Specials, and even more of those are useless to long-term players). I get the need to appeal to lower players, but this is just comical.

For goodness sake, please advise the team to post the prizes beforehand, so we don't have to login every couple hours only to find ridiculous prizes for crap we haven't needed for years. Some transparency would clear up a lot of frustration from wasting time checking on useless stuff like this. The same goes for events. Post the Daily Specials in advance. There will be less complaints and frustration.

I thought the last prize was going to be good for sure, but it was an Obelisk. Isn't that like an SoK, but worse?

I imagine this might be Inno's subtle way of saying "play the events because that's the best bargain for you". I can't otherwise explain the sensational pitch for these pooh items.

DeletedUser6120

I have to agree, all of the items posted were crap. I cannot imagine anyone spending so much money to get any of them. The entire thing was a huge disappointment. You would be better saving your diamonds for the upcoming Carnival event, in case the new buildings are worthwhile.

DeletedUser5111

I have to agree, all of the items posted were crap. I cannot imagine anyone spending so much money to get any of them. The entire thing was a huge disappointment. You would be better saving your diamonds for the upcoming Carnival event, in case the new buildings are worthwhile.

Spoilers, they're not. The greatest percent chance at getting any item is 13%. The big prize is the set... and it can go to level 2, so you need 10 of them.....

DreadfulCadillac

@Kesto11 If you ever think diamond prices here are 'ridiculous', you should check out Elvenar to gain some perspective. Players there evidently are willing to spend much more for much less. If they share market data at all, the cash/diamond prices in FoE are virtually a steal in comparison.
i used to play elvenar.i hated it.

DeletedUser32824

Magnum Opus - 2600 diamonds
I bought this. 2 fp in 6 squares and doesn't require motivation. Sign me up. I've had 4k+ diamonds sitting in my inventory for like 8 months with nothing to spend them on. Here's to hoping I don't regret it when spring event comes around.

Agent327

I have a question: these sales generally give a price for the object and then say "-XX%" (like the obelisk is on sale now at 30% off). As far as I know, there is no place to buy these objects other than in these sales so how do you establish the base price? Do you just make them up?

These objects are sometimes offered in the game. There you get your base price.