• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Value of Black Tower

Nicholas002

Black tower was great in 2017. But because of This it is not that good anymore.

why would you build it? Maybe for its appearance? It looks pretty good.

AwesomeAadi10

Yeah at first as a noob (not that I’m not out of the noob phase yet I still have many unanswered questions) I hastily spent almost all my AD coins to get the black tower and was so excited for it but now I’m kind of regretting it.

AwesomeAadi10

That doesn’t really prove or say anything. Some people keep it, some people don’t. At this point however there are a lot more buildings producing same as black tower but are also smaller and more space efficient.

Emberguard

Yeah it was awesome in 2017.

Now you’d use it either for aesthetics or if you really don’t have something better

Tytan the Great

Even if I have the space and have nothing better to place, I would still sell it to the antique dealer. Remember, trade coin and gem stones from the dealer cannot be bought with diamond. The only way to get them is to sell things. So anything in your inventory that are not useful, sell them. You can buy more powerful and useful items whenever they appear.
Edited: trade coin can be bought with diamond, but who would do that? The rate is horrible.

Last edited:

Vger

Remember, trade coin and gem stones from the dealer cannot be bought with diamond.
ummm, except when they can?

LOL. Yup, you can buy coins w diamonds(not sure who would do that but...) And with coins you can buy things in auction and sell them back to the 'not the smartest AD on the block' for a bit of profit on the coin side. and....GEMSTONES. So you can really buy both, with a bit of effort. Better to not use diamonds at all, just do Junk-->Coins-->Coins + Gemstones-->PROFIT!!!

Tytan the Great

ummm, except when they can?
View attachment 16928
My bad. You are correct. I meant to say buy trade coin using diamond in a beneficial way. Per your screen shot, I can buy 500 trade coin with 100 diamond. I just looked at the cheapest thing on sale for me now, and it’s 80k Coin for 900 trade coin. So basically buy 80k coin for a little under 200 diamonds. Who would do that?
To the OP, the bottom line is anything remotely obsolete go directly to the dealer. Trade coins and gems are too expensive and hard to get. If you place it and decide to sell it later, you will have to use a store building first, which is also more valuable than the Black Tower.

Just An Observer

6 Black Towers and 9 Kiosks were part of my goods production before a massive makeover of my city took place. 15 of each good from the era one is in per day is great! With the recursion setup, each time I cashed in the Black Tower, a free roll of the dice was done while 3 Kiosks equaled another free roll. 6 Black Towers = 18 FP's and 60 Medals, which are good numbers. I never had a problem with Happiness despite the negative Happiness number of the Black Tower.

If the Black Tower fills a need, then use them! If not, get something else. Eventually there will be better buildings but since Black Towers and Kiosks go cheaply at the AD, consider them as useful buildings up to a certain point.

Plain Red Justice

Value? Hmm well it has a value, like when it's up on the AD you would have a buffering time of 2 hours and 30 minutes to not spend anything for Checkmate squares and Botanical rotundas

And by the way things are going, even if it gets upgraded to the point that it can have attack boosts, it's still going to end up mediocre tier yet horrendously expensive like the Appleton cottage.

Mustapha00

I'm old enough to remember when Tribal Squares were useful.

But to a point raised a bit earlier, can anyone think of an instance in which Inno has buffed an Event building reward after the Event?

Not like they did with the Villa and Emperor's Garden sets, in which Upgrades were made available, but actual improvements to a building that made it useful some time after it was a reward.

Plain Red Justice

But to a point raised a bit earlier, can anyone think of an instance in which Inno has buffed an Event building reward after the Event?
Idk if they were event buildings but the base non-upgradable buildings of either a CSM or BR or both were only providing defense until they got buffed so that they'll provide the most important stat in the game instead to the point that they went from rock bottom city decoration to two of the most highly contested AD items that we have rn

Lancer

Me personally, If I were to acquire a BT I would most definitely put it up for sale in the AD. So that it will add more coins and gems to something else down the road that maybe of more value to me. Even if I had the space, I still wouldn't place it in my city. That's just me though. As someone stated above, if perhaps Inno would bring in level two for it and that made it more valuable to me, then maybe I would reconsider.