• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Venice Carnival Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser27889

Going by the info once you finish, the line about 'next year...' I guess they plan on doing this again. I just hope if they do they really think about their heart cost scheme and chest percentages.

The new buildings here are really nice looking. I would have liked if they used more during the quest line as opposed to flowers/roses. The one thing I don't like is the balls dimensions are reverse that of the soccer field and bazaar, so you can't line them nicely.

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 12.37.25 AM.png

But they dance!
Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 12.44.59 AM.png

DeletedUser25412

For me the Carnival Event is a flop, each quest they want more roses, but don't give enough. The prizes that are really worth having they have in the chest with very little chance of getting them or if they are the special, in order to get them you will have to buy hearts with diamonds in order to get them, & diamonds cost real money. I know that a game has to make money. but the last 2 events have been not worth it. I really looked forward to the events before, but now they aren't even fun. I didn't finish this event in Beta & probably won't finish it in main world. because of the amount of roses they want for each quest.

DeletedUser28083

(I'm in EMA). Is the Masquerade Ball worth putting down? (Not talking aesthetics here as that's subjective). It can give 2 forge points a day but that's at the cost of 20 tiles and adding enough houses for 260 people. I'll need to either delete buildings or use scarce expansion squares for this large building and for the houses to support it.

DeletedUser25920

(I'm in EMA). Is the Masquerade Ball worth putting down? (Not talking aesthetics here as that's subjective). It can give 2 forge points a day but that's at the cost of 20 tiles and adding enough houses for 260 people. I'll need to either delete buildings or use scarce expansion squares for this large building and for the houses to support it.

If you want to build it for the FP, it is not very efficient (on the other hand, even inefficiently produced extra fp's, may be better than no extra fp's).

I personally would not build it for the FP, but it is up to you.

FP production.JPG

However these multi-production buildings are actually good at producing goods in later ages, as the cost of producing goods keep increasing each age. Not at EMA though; at EMA they are worse than your normal goods producing buildings. So you can keep it in the inventory and build it, say, when you get to Industrial or higher (and it would then need a reno kit to produce current age goods).

DeletedUser28083

If you want to build it for the FP, it is not very efficient (on the other hand, even inefficiently produced extra fp's, may be better than no extra fp's).

View attachment 2640

However these multi-production buildings are actually good at producing goods in later ages, as the cost of producing goods keep increasing each age. Not at EMA though; at EMA they are worse than your normal goods producing buildings. So you can keep it in the inventory and build it, say, when you get to Industrial or higher (and it would then need a reno kit to produce current age goods).

It sounds like holding it till a later age is the best thing to do with it. Thanks for the advice and information.

DeletedUser26660

My hood hearts total was at 1480 short while ago so I did what I mentioned above, I activated the double bonus and used the 5 roses I had, I then spent 110 diamonds to buy 11 more roses. It only took 7 of those roses to hit the jackpot of 1600 hearts so this method does work well if you can jump in at the right time and are prepared to spend some diamonds.

Worked for a third time just, scooped 1525 hearts for just 13 roses outlay.

DeletedUser26660

You are extremely lucky and skilled. I'm envious!

Thanks Daisy, I just wait til I see the total in excess of 1400 and make my move fast, in most cases the amount won seems to be around 1500 to 1800, there are some exceptions as I saw a 460 the other day but generally if the total is up to 1400+ it is worth the gamble in my opinion.

DeletedUser26660

View attachment 2640

I like this table and it makes good comparisons between the various FP producing items. I would just like to add that the SoKs do also produce a small amount of population and in later eras quite a lots of coins which when used with StMB and the Tavern boosts produce a substantial amount of coins which can then buy even more FPs.

DeletedUser27096

Thanks Daisy, I just wait til I see the total in excess of 1400 and make my move fast, in most cases the amount won seems to be around 1500 to 1800, there are some exceptions as I saw a 460 the other day but generally if the total is up to 1400+ it is worth the gamble in my opinion.
Unfortunately, I have only seen my hood get that high a couple of times (after someone already won it). Right now, it is at 100 and rarely goes over 500. It stinks :(.

DeletedUser26154

Mine started at 400.

best i can do today.png

The rest of the hearts were from my roses until I scored the jackpot.
I am so glad no one else was paying attention during that little bull run.

DeletedUser8420

For me the Carnival Event is a flop, each quest they want more roses, but don't give enough. The prizes that are really worth having they have in the chest with very little chance of getting them or if they are the special, in order to get them you will have to buy hearts with diamonds in order to get them, & diamonds cost real money. I know that a game has to make money. but the last 2 events have been not worth it. I really looked forward to the events before, but now they aren't even fun. I didn't finish this event in Beta & probably won't finish it in main world. because of the amount of roses they want for each quest.

They didn't put it on a timer so in order to slow people down they increased the amount of roses needed to complete the quest. So it is a case of 6 of one and 1/2 dz of other. The purpose it so people can not run through the event too quickly. OR if someone wants to they would need to buy diamonds in order to finish it before the schedule end of event.

DeletedUser10789

As I play this event I can't help but wonder who is really in charge and who is making the decisions that are effecting all of us and our game. It is pretty sad when we all play the game and said game, decides to put out an event (which by the way, was TESTED on BETA) and then provide items which are just so flawed. Then we all get a brand new redone Guild Expedition (GE) and we get some new prizes. I might add, all of the GE was tested on BETA for weeks before its implementation. Now we get a redone GE and a new level as well. I would be pro Level 4 GE, but really.? My final fight for GE on Level 4 had an attack bonus of +250% and a defense bonus of the same. Seriously.? Oh, let's not forget it is a 2 wave fight. I ONLY see on method to the madness there, a way to SUCK diamonds out of the player to heal units. Unless your boost is so high, you can power thru it, then you will struggle, period and end of story.

Now I see that there is a NEW Update coming to NERF the latest prizes or Deco's (2x2) in the redone GE, to reduce them. All of this leads me to ask, who in the hell is working over there at HQ and on the Development Team. As clearly these Developers are so inept that they cannot look at test items first, HEY YOUR OWN BETA SITE, and they just bring out stuff that they later have to redo because they either cannot do basic math or are just that inept.

For an example, here is just one item from the current event "Carnival Event" and my question is, how did this happen and will this be addressed as well and REDO to increase them.? Or is this just another example of how inept these developers truly are.

The Renaissance Villa is a 3x3 "special" building. This building provides the following (for AFE Details as I am in AFE), + 1,170 Happiness, + 1,170 Population and it makes 11,190 Coins every 8 Hours. This item can be had for ONLY 2500 Hearts or getting lucky with a Chest (current drop rate is 15% chance to acquire one).

Now take another "special" building or look closely as to what "special" building comes close to this. This building would be the Ziggurat. Don't believe me, look at this building to see how closely they resemble themselves. The ONLY difference on the Renaissance Villa is the GRAPHICS and the nuking or removal of it balls/power. Again, look at the same building the Ziggurat and here are the stats for it, (for AFE Details), + 1,755 Happiness, + 1,755 Population and it makes 4,240 Coins every 1 HOUR. Yes, that's every 1 hour, NOT 8.

Ask yourself this, what happened to the 1,755 Happy and 1,755 Population.? Oh, but the Renaissance Villa give you 11,190 Coins per 8 HOURS. So, the same Ziggurat gives you 4,240 Coins per 1 HOUR. How many Coins would your Ziggurat provide or give you for Coins over the same 8 hours, 4,240 x 8 = 33,920 versus 11,190. You say WHO CARES, well how about the better part. Both of these "special" buildings get Motivated, so add that to the mix now. But you can ONLY Motivate the Renaissance Villa once for a total of 22,380 coins for the entire 8 hours versus 67,840 coins for the same 8 hours for the Ziggurat.

So, I ask this again, who are these inept Developers who can't seem to do SIMPLE MATH and figure out, WHY IN THE HELL would I want one of these new "special" buildings for this event. You "developers" claim you want to give us a fun and good game, let me ask, WHICH GAME IS THIS and WHY CAN'T YOU DO YOUR JOB.?

Do your JOB or resign. Period and End of story. If you can do simple math and see you gave us NOTHING and you are ONLY DESTROYING THIS GAME. Fix this NOW and MAKE things right with all of us player. Either you do your job and create NEW GOOD CONTENT, that is, AFTER YOU FIX THE BROKEN GAME. Give us something of value and let us go back to actually being able to play it. DO YOUR JOB and give us stuff that you DON'T screw up on and have to mess all of our games up, because you are INEPT. USE Beta for what it is designed to do, test stuff. Then bring it out live, or do you inept "developers" are actually that stupid to realize what a Beta Site is designed to do. Do your tweaks and then bring out the content that is fixed and error FREE. Unless this is too hard to do. STOP with the BS wanna be funny actors/actresses, thinking you know something about the game and STOP these Video's where you try to explain how great you are and the advancements you are giving us are great for all of us, when you don't know what the hell you are talking about and you DO NOT play the game at all. If you did play this game, you would NOT have to nerf stuff, nuke stuff and destroy the game. FIX the game and make it playable, PERIOD and END OF STORY. A 12 year old child knows better and can develop better content and you inept "developers" should hang your heads in shame, QUIT NOW, you insult us real players and players who see how much damage you are doing. Those who kiss up, will always kiss up no matter how you mess the game up, that's the nature of the life. Just remember, the more you piss us all off, the more you give us a reason to say GOOD BYE. And remember, once we say good bye, forget getting us back, if you don't know this, as your boss about player retention, then you might have half a clue.

NOW FIX the real problems and STOP SCREWING US OVER. DON'T bring out stuff we work hard to get, like the DECO's in GE, then decide YOU MESS UP and want to NERF them. SHAME ON YOU and QUIT NOW, you are inept and if you don't know this, then you are in denial. WAKE UP and LEARN. If you can't, read the forums, we will help, just look at all the feedback we provide you, BUT YOU ARROGANT SMUG WANNA BE Inept "developers" think you know so much, clearly you don't.

Steve - LordStevie