• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Viking Settlement Quests Update

DeletedUser32439

i have found that 4 markets is the same pop demand and same square space as 9 shrines. but if i sell 9 shrines and build 4 markets i have less room to buid a 4th goods building due the markets being 3x3 . having so many 3x3 buildings leaves too much unused space.
having a mix of 2x2 and 3x3 uses better space.

DeletedUser32439

after you unlock the wool farm. i normally place 4 wool buildings , you get enough wool to unlock the clan house. but then how do you get the diplomacy too unlock it.
i have sitting on 216, and you need 720.
so, is the idea to sell all wool buildings get the diplomacy , unlock clan house, then rebuild the city.

Emberguard

@qwaftzefoni indeed :) A mixture of shrines and market is usually more efficient then only one or the other. I tend to prioritise copper output rather then culture as deleting roads and filling it with runestones often gives enough to unlock the next tech. I make sure to calculate whether it would before deleting the roads though as if it doesn't I need to look at what other options would be available for fulfilling the culture first.

Emberguard

after you unlock the wool farm. i normally place 4 wool buildings , you get enough wool to unlock the clan house. but then how do you get the diplomacy too unlock it.
i have sitting on 216, and you need 720.
so, is the idea to sell all wool buildings get the diplomacy , unlock clan house, then rebuild the city.
Are you there now? If you screenshot your city it'd be easier to give direction.

You might not necessarily have to delete /all/ the wool buildings depending on how much you need. It may be beneficial if you want to do a lot of re-arranging though

DeletedUser32439

my strat was so much easier. this is so much work , no wonder so many don't do it.

DeletedUser32439

i play on mobile, i'm not sure how to post a screen shot here .
i decided to sell the 4 wool buildings and put down clan totems to unlock clan and willow. then i'll rebuild from the ground up.

Emberguard

On apple devices you can crop the screenshot in photos. Then copy paste into where you put the text here

As long as the image isn’t too big it should upload

Triopoly Champion

It was actually a good thing they swapped the milestone rewards between Quest #5 and Quest #10, so the newer generations will take longer to level their Arcs up, thus more benefits for the players who's Arcs already grown huge.

- KQ -

It was actually a good thing they swapped the milestone rewards between Quest #5 and Quest #10, so the newer generations will take longer to level their Arcs up, thus more benefits for the players who's Arcs already grown huge.

Huuuh? Have you been smoking Alabaster AGAIN?

DeletedUser38778

Grrr !!! I just wasted 2 weeks' work on the Settlement. Got to the final quest, had everything all planned out, but found that they'd changed the rules and I didn't have enough time left to gather the new requirements. All that time and resources wasted !!! Grrr

Never mind -- just venting too late at night when caught by surprise...

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

Grrr !!! I just wasted 2 weeks' work on the Settlement. Got to the final quest, had everything all planned out, but found that they'd changed the rules and I didn't have enough time left to gather the new requirements. All that time and resources wasted !!! Grrr

I'm a bit confused.

What Resources? You mean the Coins and Supplies you spent on the Settlement?

You got the Quest Rewards?

You can still finish the Settlement and get the Emmissary or Ygg upgrade?

How did you miss the highlighted, stickied, couldn't be erased, at the top of your message box Announcement about the change?

Who are you growling at?

Recommended: Your city, your Settlements, but there is a lot of help available on how to do Settlements efficiently. You might want to ask for advice or read this excellent Guide:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cultural-settlements-guide-2-14.25131/

Last edited:

Farfle the smelly

On apple devices you can crop the screenshot in photos. Then copy paste into where you put the text here

As long as the image isn’t too big it should upload
And if it’s too big, upload to the site TinyPNG. It’s super fast to smoosh it, and then upload it’s output here.