• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Viking settlement

• Thread starter DeletedUser34934
  • Start date

DeletedUser34934

Started playing it and found out that there is no place for Axe Smith. The only way to expand map is to spend 500 diamonds?

DeletedUser34934

Thanks all for answers. The problem is that in my map there is no 3x3 space to build an Axe Smith (too many obstacles). Guess I have been unlucky.
I abandoned settlement and will start a new one after 24 hours.

DeletedUser36624

You may want to contact support, because AFAIK, you'll just get the same map back. At a bare minimum, to start off you need 3 shacks, an axe smith and the roads to connect them to the embassy. If that is impossible to do in your starting map, support will have to intervene, because you're not supposed to *have* to buy expansions with diamonds.

Mbrusl

Well, after you get your 20 axes, it asks you to have 2 shrines. However, you have to unlock the shrines in embassy advancements. Understood. So I go over to the advancement tab to unlock it and I'm presented with 2 tabs. 1 has 31 diamonds unlock and the other a greyed out unlock. How does anyone advance in this game if you don't have diamonds?

DeletedUser34934

You may want to contact support, because AFAIK, you'll just get the same map back. At a bare minimum, to start off you need 3 shacks, an axe smith and the roads to connect them to the embassy. If that is impossible to do in your starting map, support will have to intervene, because you're not supposed to *have* to buy expansions with diamonds.
Thanks Roxana

UBERhelp1

Well, after you get your 20 axes, it asks you to have 2 shrines. However, you have to unlock the shrines in embassy advancements. Understood. So I go over to the advancement tab to unlock it and I'm presented with 2 tabs. 1 has 31 diamonds unlock and the other a greyed out unlock. How does anyone advance in this game if you don't have diamonds?
Do you have enough diplomacy?

Agent327

Those diamonds show cause you do not have the amount of required goods or diplomacy it takes.

DeletedUser33179

Once you have both the required goods & the required diplomacy (that amount is noted at the bottom underneath each building, in a circle along the diplomacy bar indicator), then the "unlock" box will no longer be greyed out.

RazorbackPirate

The problem is that in my map there is no 3x3 space to build an Axe Smith (too many obstacles). Guess I have been unlucky.
I abandoned settlement and will start a new one after 24 hours.
I expect for some maps, this might be the best solution and worth the wait for another map.

DeletedUser37173

How far along should we be by now to get the top reward which I think is 13 or 15 days?

DeletedUser35753

How far along should we be by now to get the top reward which I think is 13 or 15 days?

I don't think there's a straight answer to this because different paths may lead to success but show different rates of progress along the way. Overall though, you will need to collect at least 962 goods (allowing for all the building unlocks, and enough expansions to reasonably house everything). The best way to work out how you're doing, to me, seems to be to work out how many of those remaining 962 you still need to collect, and work out if you are making enough goods to reach the final total with time to spare to finish the final tasks (building mead halls, etc). For example, i would currently need to collect around 75 goods a day to make it. Since I have 3 goods buildings, and i'm doing a 10 10 5 collection cycle, I'm doing fine. I'll also have a 4th good building up and running soon, so then i'll be pulling 100 goods/day, so I can tell right now that unless I've totally missed something, I'll easily make it.