• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Vikings Question

DeletedUser40495

Hey guys I have a quick question about the Viking Settlements. I have so far completed each settlement before the first deadline easily using a a 8-8-4 production cycle. The problem is that I am not going to be able to continue that. I have cross country practice almost every morning and have to get up pretty early for that. Running the 8-8-4 cycle has kept me up way too late, mostly because of the 1 hour build times for all goods buildings. Obviously the goods buildings need to be replaced a lot, so this usually adds an extra hour or two to the cycle depending on the day. This keeps me up much later than I would like. I can’t continue running tired, and when I go back to school in the fall I won’t be able to run an 8-8-4 production cycle anyways. Because of this I’m going to switch to an 8-8 production cycle (leave out that final 4 hour production).

I understand that I probably won’t be able to make the first deadline anymore, but I just wanted to ask if anyone has any experience using 8-8 production cycles for the Vikings. What deadline do you usually make? Are there any specific hints that would help a player using an 8-8 cycle?

Thanks everyone, any advice, experience, or tips would be greatly appreciated.

DeletedUser37581

Or you could switch to a 1 day schedule for your goods. Someone tested this strategy and was unable to meet the first deadline but did manage to finish before time completely ran out.

saknika

This is inherently the issue with the settlements imho, you're a slave to the timer. They're extremely time-sensitive, and even losing a day's worth of production could be the difference between gold and silver. Thankfully, being someone who does miss a lot of the timers and such, I can say that for a while you should still finish in silver. The later you get in the settlements the less likely this is to work, but for a while you should do okay. :)

DeletedUser31540

I completed the first 13 viking settlements with max time bonus - i was inno’s slave lol

Then i picked up job # 2 and it took me 2 months to finish the last two settlements (this was also right when they adjusted the greater runestone fragment payout - and i recieved my 2nd lv 5 runestone ... this was a death sentence for my motivation to complete it quickly)

A busy schedule and max settlement rewards are very much at odds with one another — the smart choice would be to focus on life and live with your mediocre foe settlement results

Japan settlement begins today and the rewards are amazing ! The equivalent of the greater runestone is a 3x4 which is obviously a lot bigger than 2x2 .... hopefully by the time i complete the 15th settlement i will have scraped up enough fragments for 1 max level building but it isnt my priority

Best of luck !