• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Vincent Van Gogh Historical Questline Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

We value your feedback greatly, so don't forget to comment here. We'd love to hear from you.

Your Forge of Empires Team

P.S.- Announcement information HERE

DeletedUser30900

Plz don’t give us another event building that has medals as 24hrs products:) other than that, it’s a prefect building for fp

ODragon

Can you just copy the announcement into your first post? Does it hurt to have it in two places?

With the greatest respect intended, I know this might not sound like it...

What kind of feedback do you want? You provided a video with no real info other than what we already know about the game and a link to the production building. You probably would have been better linking this page as it tells more about Van Gogh while still linking to the building. Without knowing what the actual quests involve (yes, I can check the other wiki), it is really hard to give feedback.

Feedback based on what you've provided:
  • Van Gogh portrait looks like Walker Texas Ranger, I've included an image below.
  • Building looks nice.
  • I like having unique characters walking though my town.
Feedback based on the wiki that has more info:
  • 12 Quests is a good amount for duration of the event
  • I like that the majority of the quests have multiple options to complete
  • I don't like that I'm required to "Acquire a province"
Due to the last quest, I will not be finishing this quest line but will enjoy doing the 11 quests I can do that doesn't chance my play style.

Maybe as a way to slow down the progression, how about "Scout or Acquire a province". This would allow people to still play but reduce the push from events by 50%.

walker.jpg

DeletedUser30900

Maybe as a way to slow down the progression, how about "Scout or Acquire a province". This would allow people to still play but reduce the push from events by 50%.

View attachment 9974
If, let’s say if, Inno takes your advice, we will see someone else comes here and say “I don’t want to scout another province” and ask for another change. If you over pushed yourself on c-map, you suffer from it. Period.

ODragon

If, let’s say if, Inno takes your advice, we will see someone else comes here and say “I don’t want to scout another province” and ask for another change. If you over pushed yourself on c-map, you suffer from it. Period.
Of course we will see more complaints. There are always complaints.

Personally, I haven't suffered, I just sit them out with little complaint other than providing the feedback they asked.

It is important to point out in feedback threads that there are other options that would still get people to move along but at a slower pace. I did 11/12 on Cleo and will do it 11/12 on this. If they both had scout/acquire options, I would have scouted for Cleo and acquired for Van Gogh.

Right now scouting HAS to be saved for the big seasonal events as that's when they require them and the building they offer are usually much better.

- KQ -

Can you just copy the announcement into your first post? Does it hurt to have it in two places?

Due to the last quest, I will not be finishing this quest line but will enjoy doing the 11 quests I can do that doesn't chance my play style.

View attachment 9974

I totally agree about the Acquiring province requirement. The only thing that would make me "Acquire a province" to get the building would be if Van Gogh was hacking off his ear as he wandered about the city.

DeletedUser32973

I...I can't decide if I want to place this building in my city or not. I really dislike 8 hour FP productions XD.

DeletedUser32973

I think I'm going to finish out this event. It's a half-sized Rosarium with the same fp output, or the same size as a SSW with double the fp output less the coins. Not a gamebreaker by any means, but still worthwhile imho.

Indeed, I guess it's not hard to collect twice a day. Actually it's good plunder fodder. If someone would attack me >.>.

DeletedUser31882

I...I can't decide if I want to place this building in my city or not. I really dislike 8 hour FP productions XD.

I plan to. The 8hr will be my plunder tribute bait normal production when I'm not using Chuck Norris to complete DC tasks.

Also what Ozy said (Ninja posting snowman!)

Rabbi.

Feedback based on the wiki that has more info:
  • 12 Quests is a good amount for duration of the event
  • I like that the majority of the quests have multiple options to complete

View attachment 9974

Best way to finish all the events is to complete the C-map and the tech tree... that is my suggestion anyway. :)

DeletedUser33044

Best way to finish all the events is to complete the C-map and the tech tree... that is my suggestion anyway. :)

Unfortunately that's not always realistic. For "newer" players trying to complete all those "Acquire a province" tasks could mean getting way too far ahead on the map and getting in trouble with really unbalanced development. (and at some point negotiating for goods too many ages ahead gets difficult, same with fighting too many ages ahead)

and DC can also pushes for acquiring provinces (once a province is scouted, you'll get in trouble with DC until you acquire it)

It's just too much, too fast (it's not like there were a few months between the events and questlines requiring we acquire a province)

The Magnum Opus is beautiful, and looks like a good building, I really would like to have it, but getting it might not be a good idea. I wish we had an other option to complete the questline.
(and I really hope acquiring a province won't be required in the next historical questline)
:-(

DeletedUser30900

Unfortunately that's not always realistic. For "newer" players trying to complete all those "Acquire a province" tasks could mean getting way too far ahead on the map and getting in trouble with really unbalanced development. (and at some point negotiating for goods too many ages ahead gets difficult, same with fighting too many ages ahead)

and DC can also pushes for acquiring provinces (once a province is scouted, you'll get in trouble with DC until you acquire it)

It's just too much, too fast (it's not like there were a few months between the events and questlines requiring we acquire a province)

The Magnum Opus is beautiful, and looks like a good building, I really would like to have it, but getting it might not be a good idea. I wish we had an other option to complete the questline.
(and I really hope acquiring a province won't be required in the next historical questline)
:-(
Guess what, you hope came true already. Next quest lines has no acquiring a province but with a bad event building

Agent327

Van Gogh portrait looks like Walker Texas Ranger, I've included an image below.

I think it looks more like Conor McGregor

Van Gogh has made several self portraits. None looks even close to this. No clue where they got this from.

DeletedUser25166

And there are some people crapping themselves with excitement over another event and a shiny new building
That will be obsolete by next age as you are forced to advance. They are not Events anymore, they are monthly Challenges, lost all excitement for them