• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Vincent Van Gogh Historical Questline Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser29623

Hi, was just about to move on from IA to EMA, would you suggest completing the questline while in IA or are the rewards better one age higher?

Alternatively do all the quests apart from the final quest in IA then do the final quest in EMA to get the building in for that age?

The second option.

Does anyone have a sense of what time of day these events typically start?

DeletedUser10080

The good people at Inno diligently research each of these historical figures. They take the time to write a brief history about each person featured. The problem is, I am generally focused on completing the next quest (and the next quest) and almost always forget to read what was written about the featured individual.

I wish it was possible to read the entire story that was written about each of these figures. Maybe revealing the entire story at the end of the event would make a nice reward for finishing the event. Although it would also be nice to go back and read the story of all past event figures.

DeletedUser27077

If, let’s say if, Inno takes your advice, we will see someone else comes here and say “I don’t want to scout another province” and ask for another change. If you over pushed yourself on c-map, you suffer from it. Period.

Problem is... all the quests (including daily) push us to move forward on cmap....

DeletedUser30900

Problem is... all the quests (including daily) push us to move forward on cmap....
So you have to finish the dailies otherwise your city get destroyed? If that’s the case you are playing hell level :p

DeletedUser35205

Magnum Opus is roughly translated to mean "greatest work". The painting depicted on the platform of the building is probably "Wheatfield with Crows", but definitely not "The Starry Night" -- which is his most well known and important painting. And that's not even considering the size and shape of the canvas on the reward building is all wrong for either of those works.

DeletedUser29055

The second option.

Does anyone have a sense of what time of day these events typically start?

Actually. I would say that this depends on the building and what you want to do with it. I only want the building to produce fps, so I will wait going to the next age until I have the building and then move up to the next age. Because population requirement are higher in the new age and the 1 fp does not change. If you want to get it for anything else, then advance before you get the reward.

DeletedUser29055

Dailies are not pushing you forward on the map - only if you have a province open. Once you don't have a province open, the dailies will not ask you to acquire no sectors. And anyway, we are not punished for not doing the dailies anymore, so sitting out one doesn't hurt a lot.

DeletedUser29623

Actually. I would say that this depends on the building and what you want to do with it. I only want the building to produce fps, so I will wait going to the next age until I have the building and then move up to the next age. Because population requirement are higher in the new age and the 1 fp does not change. If you want to get it for anything else, then advance before you get the reward.

Yes, Alvadora is absolutely right about this. I hadn't even noticed the population requirement (which is pretty low), a side effect of my hoodies who keep leveling my Inno Tower on their own to the point that I have way more population than I can use. But if jammeista's game is going the way mine did in IA/EMA, the medals production would probably come in handy, so I'd still say they'd most likely want to wait til they move up. The EMA population required is only 10 more than IA. Terrace farms are a whole other matter, though.

To answer my own question, it seems like the events usually start at 8 am EST.

DeletedUser29623

I got diamonds as the random reward on the first two quests on my main city. With my Chateau, that meant 50 diamonds each time, so even if I weren’t going to finish it, it’s been a great event for me!

DeletedUser35214

I like the historic quest lines pretty well, except when they tell me to research a new technology. I am trying to stay in the bronze age until i get my rank up where i want it and i am at the end of the technology tree for the bronze age. One more research will put me into the iron age. A choice or three to choose from would be appreciated. Some have 2 choices, but i am not able to complete one of them (the GE requirement for instance, or the guild donation) since i am still in the bronze age

Algona

Sandness anounds. Cpmpleted the QuestLine in my secondary city in 8 hours and no Diamonds.

Even worse someone in my hood beat me through the QuestLine.

Lamer rigger gamers.

Guess I'll hace to settle for a pretty spiffy prize.

I'll gove this Event a good rating, Would have been better then Cleo if we got RK misdtream instead of the two other prizes.

Plowing through the QuestLine slower in main, hoping to hit the Diamonds there. Won;t bother finishing. Good prize, but not quite right for that city.

I'll be a happu player if the Historical Events continue in the quality f the lasr 3,

If we get two more historical figures wandering the city and they all meet, can they do some kind of Power Rangers thingie?

DeletedUser35080

I like the idea, I like taking the inspiration from a historical figure, especially one that was not a warlord!
- especially from the arts.

I love the idea of a little Van Gogh walking around. brilliant! -tho I must admit it makes me wonder if theres a little girlfriend receiving his tiny ear in the mail in some other part of the city...
BTW more variations of this idea would add flavor to the game - especially thematically appropriate ones. architects and engineers of the GB! Buckminster Fuller please!

I've also been appreciating the possibility of diamonds on the way ..

DeletedUser35255

I have been playing Forge for a while now and I have always enjoyed playing the questlines but lately (with the Van Gough and Cherry Blossom Festival) I am unable to complete the quests in the amount of time given. The amount of forge points needed to be spent is extremely difficult to accomplish and it becomes discouraging to try and play when you realize you are unable to complete the questline. Please consider lowering the amount of forge points to be spent required for the quests.

DeletedUser30900

I have been playing Forge for a while now and I have always enjoyed playing the questlines but lately (with the Van Gough and Cherry Blossom Festival) I am unable to complete the quests in the amount of time given. The amount of forge points needed to be spent is extremely difficult to accomplish and it becomes discouraging to try and play when you realize you are unable to complete the questline. Please consider lowering the amount of forge points to be spent required for the quests.
Or stop being too causal?