• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Virtual Future Feedback

DeletedUser25795

Anyone got VF PvP Tower points yet. Mine is grey after doing many VF regions.

DeletedUser26965

Anyone got VF PvP Tower points yet. Mine is grey after doing many VF regions.
Me too. Guess maybe because it opened after the tournament started? Says it's ongoing but finished though so I'm thinking that's the case...
ongoing-tourny.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

In the past with new age releases, the respective tower has generally remained inactive until the start of the following tournament. There's also usually been an announcement to go along with this, but it would seem that this announcement's been skipped this time.

DeletedUser6540

25 million????
that cant be correct
I have been collecting supplies for a long time and i only have 4 million

and there is another one that needs 19 million supplies and 2 others that need 20 million coins?
That is way too much and needs to be adjusted

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 18

DeletedUser25795

OF was 12 million a research so its about double for VF research. If you only have 4 million supplies and are looking at going in to VF then you need to stock up. I get a few million a day just from a few buildings and most at my level don't have any supply buildings but a chateau and quests they get there's from.

DeletedUser25795

Got a reply from support that the VF PvP tower being greyed out, is cosmetic only and that tower points are being stored correctly at their end. Guess we will see if we get the rewards at the end of the week. Would be nice to know whose top though.

DeletedUser25795

Anyone found a use for Ninja's or Samurai yet. Ninja's don't retaliate when hit so you walk up to them and kill them. And Samurai have range of 1 so they get killed before they can even get in the fight. Heavies can take a few hits but die easily to artillery as they are slow. Cleared the VF map (not many VF units to test but they all died very quickly). Next test will be GvG next week, but can't see them causing a problem either. Then I have to find some neighbours with 1000+ defence and hope they have some VF units to test them on.

qaccy

@purps99 Of course heavies die easily to artillery. Have you paid attention to unit bonuses since the start of the game? That's the one unit bonus that has never changed at any point. Artillery is strong against heavy units. That doesn't mean they're bad, but you might be if you're using heavy units against them.

All that being said, the current VF offerings are highly specialized at best, and generally bad in most cases as said. Ninjas are an annoyance to face and more of a deterrent against using turtles than anything else. Samurai are heavily weakened by their lack of range, but they can close distance quickly and require 3 hits to kill because of armor. Ronins may be slow, but they have the best range and overall look like the best of the three units to actually use. Just, again, don't expect to use them against artillery and walk away without losses. lol

Agent327

Anyone found a use for Ninja's or Samurai yet. Ninja's don't retaliate when hit so you walk up to them and kill them. And Samurai have range of 1 so they get killed before they can even get in the fight. Heavies can take a few hits but die easily to artillery as they are slow. Cleared the VF map (not many VF units to test but they all died very quickly). Next test will be GvG next week, but can't see them causing a problem either. Then I have to find some neighbours with 1000+ defence and hope they have some VF units to test them on.

You can use them the same way as drummers in GvG to fill slots.

DeletedUser35256

25 million????
that cant be correct
I have been collecting supplies for a long time and i only have 4 million

and there is another one that needs 19 million supplies and 2 others that need 20 million coins?
That is way too much and needs to be adjusted
yeah im in IA and have 4 mil. smh

DeletedUser35256

So u can really us the VR things now or whatever there called! The goggles? if so has anyone used them? and what is that like?

tstar99

terra cotta army,what are you thinking? the only survivors are going to be people with high end arcs. you will end up losing a lot of customers. including myself.

DeletedUser18976

As far as the new content goes, the augmented samurai has the skill Contact! and the range of 1. Always retaliates against attacks can be replaced by NEVER retaliates against attacks! The ninja has rapid deployment and hides in the forrest. When hidden, you need to attack it from the adjacent field. Funny enough it does not hit you back. That makes two out of the 3 new units rather useless. Result will be that players use Hovers!

Is it just me or do the augmented samurais NOT retaliate at all. Is that what you meant? I assumed, maybe wrongly, that when using samurai's with rogues, that once the rogue turned they would retaliate, they didn't. OK, maybe that's bc they weren't in the adjacent field. But even when they were, in the case of the Scimitar attacking, they still didn't retaliate. (Note: this was even AFTER they turned from rogues to samurais) Am I using them wrong?

UPDATE: Realized that Scims don't take retaliation damage buried at the end of their description.

DeletedUser25795

Samurais need to touch the enemy to retaliate so they are terrible. Ninja's do not retaliate at all so you can just walk up and kill them and on the last few maps in GE there wasn't a single forest to hide in so they got trashed as OF units move first. And Ronins are dead before they can get in range to hit anything. Good luck using VF units to kill anything.

And since the recent improvements to the hover tank, they are even better at auto'ing GvG maps.

qaccy

Samurais need to touch the enemy to retaliate so they are terrible. Ninja's do not retaliate at all so you can just walk up and kill them and on the last few maps in GE there wasn't a single forest to hide in so they got trashed as OF units move first. And Ronins are dead before they can get in range to hit anything. Good luck using VF units to kill anything.

And since the recent improvements to the hover tank, they are even better at auto'ing GvG maps.

Ronins aren't bad, actually. It's very hard to kill something before it gets in range when that unit you're trying to kill can attack from 8 tiles away and has the strongest defense in the game. Again, using them against artillery and claiming they're bad because of that is like saying turtles are bad because they can't hit gliders. It's not the game's fault if you're trying to use units against stuff that's strong against them. Ronins usually take 1, sometimes 2 damage from fast and ranged units, even when I was using them in level 4 battles, and can easily knock them out in two attacks. Now, I won't argue that they're better than hovers but in situations where a hover's stealth isn't that helpful and you still want to use heavy units, ronins are very good.

Another helpful tip for anyone reading: If you're in VF and using hover tanks in GE, try slipping a VF unit into your army when you can. It'll alter the battlefield significantly, removing a lot of the forests/bushes and making it much easier for your hovers to move around while still keeping stealth.