• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Virtual Reality version of FOE

Wolfarth

I really like this game. However, is there a VR version of this game coming? I really would like to walk around my village, interact with its inhabitants, be immersed in the game rather than simply manipulating things on a static background. I'm buying a Oculus Quest 2 and would like to play this game in a virtual universe. Any suggestions?

Trycerlon

I believe all of the buildings are only textured in a specific way, so walking around would just have blank areas, as the buildings wouldn't show from more than one direction.
I could be wrong, but I think that one of the reasons for there being no rotate button (Besides it being a core aspect), is that the buildings were only designed for a single viewpoint.

Emberguard

There has been no announcements for a virtual reality version.

The images are in 2D. If you were walking around your city either it’d have to be from the same angle it is now as the other angles are not rendered, or the majority of the game would have to be redone from scratch to accomodate the other sides of each building.

Just An Observer

VR gaming would be a step forward no doubt! Maybe we see Inno come out with a new game using the things we are used to for how to play the game that employs VR.