• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forwarded Visual Improvements to Battle Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aether7

Thanks for the strong support everyone (well almost...lol)! I am willing to discuss any additional concerns.

DeletedUser33179

The movement & attack ranges visual changes you propose would only apply to PC users, correct? Mobile currently doesn't show the same way as PC what it is you wish to change (at least I don't recall there bring 2 shades differentiating attack vs movement).

Aether7

The movement & attack ranges visual changes you propose would only apply to PC users, correct? Mobile currently doesn't show the same way as PC what it is you wish to change (at least I don't recall there bring 2 shades differentiating attack vs movement).
Good question. For mobile it should show the same way except you have to push and hold on a unit for the attack/movement range to show up.

DeletedUser33179

Good question. For mobile it should show the same way except you have to push and hold on a unit for the attack/movement range to show up.

I just double checked mobile's set up - is visually different than the 2 grey shades you describe for PC. When I click & hold on a unit of my opponent it shows 1 shade of grey encompassing its movement range & any possible attack range which lies outside of its movement range is denoted by battlefield hexes outlined in red.

As for my troops, for the unit who's currently in line to move, there's a sword above any enemy unit that's in range to attack from my unit's position if I'm not going to move him. Movement range is a regular brightness of the battlefield - Areas outside of its movement range are faintly dimmer than the rest of the battlefield.

Aether7

I just double checked mobile's set up - is visually different than the 2 grey shades you describe for PC. When I click & hold on a unit of my opponent it shows 1 shade of grey encompassing its movement range & any possible attack range which lies outside of its movement range is denoted by battlefield hexes outlined in red.

As for my troops, for the unit who's currently in line to move, there's a sword above any enemy unit that's in range to attack from my unit's position if I'm not going to move him. Movement range is a regular brightness of the battlefield - Areas outside of its movement range are faintly dimmer than the rest of the battlefield.
Your right, thanks for clarifying. The visuals are a little different and a bit better on mobile. However, your playing on a tiny screen.

Stephen Longshanks

I actually think that mobile is much harder to see movement/attack ranges than PC. I don't have an issue with the way the PC battle map is done now, but I wouldn't have a problem if this were implemented. Especially if there were the option to opt out of it and stick with the current system.
+1

DeletedUser37581

+1 as long as the colors are relatively muted and not loud and garish

DeletedUser38766

+1 it's not about being visually impaired, it's about ease of access. one can eventually get used to the recurring graphics and know which hex corresponds to the defense bonus and which one is an overspilled image, but making graphics limited to hex would definitely make it a million times less stressful on eyes.

Another alternate solution would be to show what would happen upon moving to a tile and then tap again to confirm the move, that would provide a good solution to the problem mentioned by the OP and would also ease out the eye strain discussed in above posts.

DeletedUser36624

I actually think that mobile is much harder to see movement/attack ranges than PC. I don't have an issue with the way the PC battle map is done now, but I wouldn't have a problem if this were implemented. Especially if there were the option to opt out of it and stick with the current system.
+1
My major problem with combat on mobile is that you can't see which unit on the bar corresponds with which unit on the field.

DeletedUser40191

i like this idea. on my ipad I can tell if i'm in range of my target because it shows the possible damage below the different enemies, but on my computer it's not as easy to tell. I support anything that makes fighting decisions easier to make

DeletedUser40191

YES!, i have no vision problems(i have 20/20 vision) but i know some people do
I am color blind. Fortnite has a color setting for color blind players. I have a red-green color blindness so anything you can do to help with this is appreciated. i'm new, but have often been caught by an enemy going to the top or bottom of the screen and blending in with the bushes.

Algona

how about before implementing any changes they fix the lag problem during recalc

Agreed! INNO should nopt fix anything else, add any new features, restart GE next week, go to the bathroom or sleep until the Recalc lag is fixed.

Dear INNO;

pkz shut down FoE until recal lag is ffixed.

kthnksbai, MyProblemIsTheOnlyProblemInTheWorld

Stephen Longshanks

This proposal was approved in voting and is being submitted to Inno.

Status
Not open for further replies.