• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forwarded Vivid Color Differences for Improved Visual Accessibility

DeletedUser27107

I am color blind and have always had trouble trying to figure out some of the color codes on this game (Like what world I am currently on) but over the years they have been good about adding text. Anything that improves this issue is a +1 from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
O
Yes they would.

It's their to go to answer.

Out of 14 votes you are the only -1 (this doesn't include the proposal so there's another +1)

That being said, if you feel that "it's their to go to answer," you are just as free as everyone else to make a proposal to fix that.

After Stephen put " let's get to expressing either support or non-support for the proposal itself," I feel that your post ONLY counts for the -1.

Do you mind showing me a post where you put +1? Because it's ppl like you who make others not want to come to the forums, and if any moderator wants to PM me, I have a handful of names w/out even thinking about it.

Graviton

Out of 14 votes you are the only -1 (this doesn't include the proposal so there's another +1)

That being said, if you feel that "it's their to go to answer," you are just as free as everyone else to make a proposal to fix that.
Proposals are for the game, not for how Inno responds to player inquiries or bug reports. Agent is exactly right: Level 1 support, which I gather is comprised mainly of players who volunteer to do it, gives that stock answer to pretty much everything and much of the time it's not helpful. It is not a commentary on the validity or lack thereof of whatever they're responding to.

After Stephen put " let's get to expressing either support or non-support for the proposal itself," I feel that your post ONLY counts for the -1.

Do you mind showing me a post where you put +1?
I think he voted for something at some point but I can't tell you what. In any case, you don't need unanimous approval, who cares if one or even a few people voted against it?

RazorbackPirate

Do you mind showing me a post where you put +1? Because it's ppl like you who make others not want to come to the forums, and if any moderator wants to PM me, I have a handful of names w/out even thinking about it.
As I stated in a previous post, 'make a proposal' is the 'go to answer' for any idea/complaint that would require a change/addition to the game. In other words, if not a bug, 'go make a proposal'. Being sent here is more, 'go away I can't do anything about this' than it is a commentary about the value of your proposal. Accept that or don't it doesn't change the facts.

So you want @Agent327 to propose that the 'go to answer not be the 'go to answer?' Why? It also doesn't matter what other proposals @Agent327 may or may not have supported in the past, he has every right to vote and comment on this proposal and evaluate it on it's own merits.

Be aware that in this particular instance, adjusting colors for color blind people, which I personally am not opposed to, often results in a pretty garish color scheme for those without that issue. While it may sound petty to you, that's a completely valid reason to oppose such a change.

If you have issues with a player that requires mods attention, you can contact a mod yourself. If your complaint is they don't support enough proposals, then don't bother.

As an aside, out of curiosity, have you ever tried the enchroma glasses? Given they exist, I would think this would be a fix that you can individually enact without the need for a proposal, or Inno investing copious amounts of money and energy to fix. If they work as they appear to, they would fix this issue with every piece of software you've ever used as well as fix your colorblindness in the real world.

Be aware that in this particular instance, adjusting colors for color blind people, which I personally am not opposed to, often results in a pretty garish color scheme for those without that issue. While it may sound petty to you, that's a completely valid reason to oppose such a change.
Have you thought that maybe it can be made to where you can turn the mode on and off? OR that I'm not the only one that's having this trouble? I'm not "color blind" things are meshing together like silver barracks and the swords to show collection is needed. Wouldn't you agree those colors are very similar? OR when you go to plunder a lighter color building you have a white lighting bolt. You do realize how close silver and white is, right?

And what I am doing about my health is private, not public...

RazorbackPirate

Have you thought that maybe it can be made to where you can turn the mode on and off? OR that I'm not the only one that's having this trouble? I'm not "color blind" things are meshing together like silver barracks and the swords to show collection is needed. Wouldn't you agree those colors are very similar? OR when you go to plunder a lighter color building you have a white lighting bolt. You do realize how close silver and white is, right?

And what I am doing about my health is private, not public...
Just stop. Temper tantrums never go well here.

I don't have an issue with the current color scheme, so while some colors may be similar, I'm fine with it. It doesn't affect me.

Yes, I've thought about that something like this could be turned on or off. I've also considered this is the 'go to answer' for folks who've got nothing else to offer.

Have you considered this would mean redoing all the graphics that exist so far in the game? Have you considered that would then require two sets of graphics for everything else added to the game? Have you considered that the 'colorblind' version of the graphics would require copious amounts of visual testing with actual colorblind people to see if the color scheme meets their needs?

Do you really expect Inno to do that? Just becuase you have issues with white and silver?

However, let me congratulate you on earning a well deserved -1 from me. Knowing you're not colorblind means this doesn't need to happen. I'm also not a fan of people who refuse to take personal responsibility for their personal issues and expect others to jump through hoops on their behalf.

-1 No. Inno has enough to do without redoing anything to deal with your petty complaint.

Asking if you ever tried a pair of glasses is not crawling up your ass on your health issues. Get over yourself. You are not the center of the universe.

-1 again. Not needed by the vast majority of users, and something that can be fixed by the user's who are actually colorblind.

Graviton

I get that, but it's EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm on here, he does this.
Since I doubt it's personally directed at you, you can just ignore it.

Have you thought that maybe it can be made to where you can turn the mode on and off?
That's a stock answer that is typically used to bypass the question, "Does this proposal benefit everyone or just a handful?" I have voted for this proposal but I suggest you forget about trying to talk everybody else into agreeing with you. Just accept that some people aren't going to like it and move on.

However, let me congratulate you on earning a well deserved -1 from me. Knowing you're not colorblind means this doesn't need to happen. I'm also not a fan of people who refuse to take personal responsibility for their personal issues and expect others to jump through hoops on their behalf.
Tantrum much? Practicing what you preach may be a good suggestion for me to give to you. White/Silver was an example.

RazorbackPirate

Tantrum much? Practicing what you preach may be a good suggestion for me to give to you. White/Silver was an example.
No tantrum. Just opposing Inno jumping through hoops to fix an issue you're unwilling to consider fixing yourself and clearly don't need since you're not colorblind.

I'd suggest you try adjusting the brightness and contrast on your screen, but that would require you to do something other than complain.

HenryHorace

Proposal
Have a visual mode that have vivid color differences so that those who have trouble seeing can play a game without stressing

Current System (if applicable)
Various buildings have close to the same color as the collection OR the sleeping icon isn't well see OR plundering (lighting bolt) nearly the same color.

Details
Have a vivid color difference would be important for many players with a visual disability.

Abuse Prevention
No abuse, I see the current system more abusive than what's being proposed.

Conclusion
I firmly believe this is a fair proposal, in fact it levels the playing field.
This makes sense which is why it's doomed to the garbage heap of the forum! PS - It IS a really good idea INNO! Try it - we'll like it (and you).

I'd suggest you try adjusting the brightness and contrast on your screen, but that would require you to do something other than complain.
The personal attacks just keeps coming from you, which if I remember correctly is against INNO's rules.

And gee.... Why didn't I ever think of that? You know, my two college degrees and a fiancé with a degree dealing w/ computers. Coding color is less than 10 characters, most of the time 5. It's not the end of the world for some of those characters to be searched out and replaced with others. I've done it, personally.

SO... Agree to disagree, I really don't need any more garbage from someone who is not in my shoes.

RazorbackPirate

The personal attacks just keeps coming from you, which if I remember correctly is against INNO's rules.

And gee.... Why didn't I ever think of that? You know, my two college degrees and a fiancé with a degree dealing w/ computers. Coding color is less than 10 characters, most of the time 5. It's not the end of the world for some of those characters to be searched out and replaced with others. I've done it, personally.

SO... Agree to disagree, I really don't need any more garbage from someone who is not in my shoes.
And my two college degrees, 30 years experience teaching computer aided design, and 20 years experience building my own multi-million dollar software consulting business employing over 150 people with 7 offices in 5 states tells me, 'so what?' You have a college edumication. Big deal. That's supposed to impress me how?

And my two college degrees, 30 years experience teaching computer aided design, and 20 years experience building my own multi-million dollar software consulting business employing over 150 people with 7 offices in 5 states tells me, 'so what?' You have a college edumication. Big deal. That's supposed to impress me how?
Must not be good at it seeing as though you think changing a few characters for color is a big deal. Again, I ask to agree to disagree, but you want to drag it out.

RazorbackPirate

Must not be good at it seeing as though you think changing a few characters for color is a big deal. Again, I ask to agree to disagree, but you want to drag it out.
Big deal or not, it does require an investment of resources. Resources that have to either be created or redirected from other projects. So the real question is, if Inno makes the financial investment, what is the return on investment? Is there one? What's the lost opportunity cost by utilizing those finite resources toward this as opposed to something that could make them more money?

You're already playing the game, so clearly the fix isn't needed to attract or retain you as a customer. I get what's in it for you, what's in it for Inno?

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
No I am not. You should read the rules.

Two options:
1 - Devs are already working on it
2 - Devs don't care.

My vote will not change anything about that and since I am against sending them the same proposals over and over again it is - 1

So you get 1 vote against and that makes you not want to come to the forums?

Cool!

C ya!

Algona

I vote no.

RP and Graviton tried to warn you.

Nothing positive ever comes out of the Proposal author arguing with respondents, it can only galvanize opposition.

Geez, you even got folk defending Agent.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Have you considered this would mean redoing all the graphics that exist so far in the game? Have you considered that would then require two sets of graphics for everything else added to the game? Have you considered that the 'colorblind' version of the graphics would require copious amounts of visual testing with actual colorblind people to see if the color scheme meets their needs?
Seeing there are 4 types of collorblindness it might need 5 sets of graphics.