• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forwarded Vivid Color Differences for Improved Visual Accessibility

Also some people can't understand that honest people can simply disagree, preferring to believe it a character flaw in others. Please note my sig.
Right and I get that I truly do. I've asked twice on this topic to agree to disagree. I would be respectful to stop going on and on on someone else's proposal after being told that. But not everyone is the same, thus the ignore function is awesome.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Right and I get that I truly do. I've asked twice on this topic to agree to disagree. I would be respectful to stop going on and on on someone else's proposal after being told that. But not everyone is the same, thus the ignore function is awesome.
Funny that you have a problem with going on and on and on, while that is exactly what you do when players do not agree with you.

Ignore function is rather stupid if you want your proposal to be succesfull.

anyempire

+1 Agree with OP, improving accessibility would level the playing field.

For those giving a -1, why? It's been acknowledged that "it's been proposed before," and we've had an OK to discuss the merits of this proposal. And that response assumes no recent improvements in technology exist, that could reduce costs for Inno to make this change. Equally, bringing up accessibiity every so often signals the desire for a change is still present.

The benefits to Inno might be more positive over time. For profit-making companies, ability to increase # of players increases potential revenue.

Providing accessibility is part of being a socially responsible business. Search for "Strategy and Society: The Link Between Competitive Advantage and Corporate Social Responsibility" by Michael Porter. Plus, in 2019 about 200 CEOs of giant multinationals, all members of the Business Roundtable, stated an end to a decades-long obsession with shareholder returns. The purpose of a corporation, they said, is “to create value for all of our stakeholders.” All includes clients and shareholders, including those with accessibility needs.

So, I am curious as to the reasons for being against a proposal to improve accessibility for those with visual impairments.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

+1 Agree with OP, improving accessibility would level the playing field.

For those giving a -1, why? It's been acknowledged that "it's been proposed before," and we've had an OK to discuss the merits of this proposal. And that response assumes no recent improvements in technology exist, that could reduce costs for Inno to make this change. Equally, bringing up accessibiity every so often signals the desire for a change is still present.

The benefits to Inno might be more positive over time. For profit-making companies, ability to increase # of players increases potential revenue.

Providing accessibility is part of being a socially responsible business. Search for "Strategy and Society: The Link Between Competitive Advantage and Corporate Social Responsibility" by Michael Porter. Plus, in 2019 about 200 CEOs of giant multinationals, all members of the Business Roundtable, stated an end to a decades-long obsession with shareholder returns. The purpose of a corporation, they said, is “to create value for all of our stakeholders.” All includes clients and shareholders, including those with accessibility needs.

So, I am curious as to the reasons for being against a proposal to improve accessibility for those with visual impairments.
This proposal is not about accessibility. Show me the colorblind person that's locked out of the game because they're colorblind. Colorblindness is about the same issue as being left handed in a right handed world. Just as left handed folks have learned to adapt, so have colorblind people.

Don't make this about something it's not. Colorblindness is little more than an inconvenience, it's not a handicap, and not a barrier to playing the game.

Yes, there has been an improvement in technology, it's called enchroma glasses. If a person's colorblindness is truly an issue, they can buy a pair and solve the problem for themselves.

Again, this proposal is not about accessibility, it's about convenience. It's about shifting personal responsibility onto a corporation, no different than expecting taxpayers to fund one's college education. Sorry, but this dog don't hunt.

RazorbackPirate

Doesn't much matter, proposals similar to this have been submitted multiple times over the years on almost every FoE forum, including Beta, the one forum we Inno employees actually read and interact with. Result? Zero action from Inno.

Any further progress on this proposal is a waste of time, merely the illusion of progress. But who knows, the umpteenth time just might do the trick. Cling to that, if you must.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Doesn't much matter, proposals similar to this have been submitted multiple times over the years on almost every FoE forum, including Beta, the one forum we Inno employees actually read and interact with. Result? Zero action from Inno.
Like someone who proposed it will ever accept that.

"Support send me here, so I invented the wheel"!!!!

Any further progress on this proposal is a waste of time, merely the illusion of progress. But who knows, the umpteenth time just might do the trick. Cling to that, if you must.
And so we go on and on and on and .......

DeletedUser36572

How a player may perceive different colors and/or visual aspects, does not change whether or not a production building has been collected and/or is available for plunder.

Where it may be frustrating or time consuming for some players, there are adequate means by which to determine if opportunities are available.

And ... In reference to the recent eye frying alterations made to the standard forum color scheme, sometimes the known is far better than the proposed adjustments intended to “improve” anything.

Bird In Hand