• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forwarded Vivid Color Differences for Improved Visual Accessibility

Falconwing

+2 (I've gained wt)

Can't tell ya how many times one lil box has hid from me. I even move stuff around to compensate and they still find places to blend in.

DeletedUser34480

Can I please put 0 here?
I think some information collection is in order here (e.g. how many people are having a hard time without it, what features needs to be addressed, etc). It is a big effort on development side, I wonder.

WinnerGR

Proposal
Have a visual mode that have vivid color differences so that those who have trouble seeing can play a game without stressing

Current System (if applicable)
Various buildings have close to the same color as the collection OR the sleeping icon isn't well see OR plundering (lighting bolt) nearly the same color.

Details
Have a vivid color difference would be important for many players with a visual disability.

Abuse Prevention
No abuse, I see the current system more abusive than what's being proposed.

Conclusion
I firmly believe this is a fair proposal, in fact it levels the playing field.
I no it is not my decision to put it up for voting but I would love it if you could contact a forum moderator and ask them to put it up for voting .:)

Super Catanian

I no it is not my decision to put it up for voting but I would love it if you could contact a forum moderator and ask them to put it up for voting .:)
That is usually taken care of quickly.
You can nominate someone else's proposal as long as it meets the requirements for it to be nominated.

time4coffee

++++1 I am not visually impaired, well I wear super thick glasses but with them on I have nearly 20-20 vision. but the changes you suggest will help everyone. I have have missed so many things at times just because they blended in. So often if you don't know what you're looking for, and even if you do sometimes, you can easily miss things.
The tablet isn't much better but there it you miss something something, there is no pop up on the side to point it out.

I voted yes on the poll.

RazorbackPirate

Not really. I'm glad it's up for voting so that once voting is complete we can take this, and proposals like it, off the table for another year or two. In the meantime, Inno will continue to address the issues as they see fit as explained in the Tech Tree update announcement.
improve the usability and accessibility of Forge of Empires for all players
I'll let you keep track of those who favor this proposal and come to complain about the 'accessibility updates'. That's a stat worth keeping.

WinnerGR

Not really. I'm glad it's up for voting so that once voting is complete we can take this, and proposals like it, off the table for another year or two. In the meantime, Inno will continue to address the issues as they see fit as explained in the Tech Tree update announcement.

I'll let you keep track of those who favor this proposal and come to complain about the 'accessibility updates'. That's a stat worth keeping.
OK I agree with most of what you have said .