• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Was DUI Charge Fair?

DeletedUser34

Here is another one :D
A man was arrested for driving his lawnmower under the influence. He had an open beer on his Lawnmower. Is this right? I personally think, at MOST, he should have gotten a ticket for having an unlicensed vehicle on the road, but DUI? I don't think so.
Full Story

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

He was so drunk he drove down the wrong side of the road, I must agree that's fairly dangerous...

DeletedUser3

You can obtain a dui for riding your bicycle while under the influence, if you ride your bicycle on public roads.

DeletedUser

You are mainly a danger to yourself whilst riding a bicycle though, a tonne car will roll straight through a drunk rider and rarely come off second best. A ride-on lawnmower isn't quite as flimsy, albeit at less speed, may as well have been a small car...

DeletedUser34

You are mainly a danger to yourself whilst riding a bicycle though, a tonne car will roll straight through a drunk rider and rarely come off second best. A ride-on lawnmower isn't quite as flimsy, albeit at less speed, may as well have been a small car...

Yes he is going so fast, his big yellow umbrella isn't even flickering in the breeze....Really?

DeletedUser34

LOL...he was on a residential neighborhood road....not on a major traffic road. Like I said, operating an unlicensed vehicle, sure I get it, but he can hardly be any danger on a lawn mower...how fast can it possibly go?

DeletedUser

LOL...he was on a residential neighborhood road....not on a major traffic road. Like I said, operating an unlicensed vehicle, sure I get it, but he can hardly be any danger on a lawn mower...how fast can it possibly go?
If he were driving on the correct side of the road perhaps, on the opposite side it's how fast can it possibly go plus how fast could anyone else be going the opposite direction.

Also please show me where that source says he exclusively drove along residential neighbourhood roads with sufficient speedbumps, curves and/or roundabouts to limit speeds below non-fatal levels... heck, below levels my car wouldn't even get scratched trying to swerve around the drunk maniac.

DeletedUser

i heard that you can get a DUI for using a motorized wheelchair now thats not fair.lol

DeletedUser34

LOL...I can't other than personal knowledge Diggo :p
But you are right, bikes have to go WITH traffic as well.

DeletedUser3

Well here's a thought. It really doesn't matter how fast a brick wall is moving, it will still kill you if you slam into it.

The argument of a person moving at 5, 10, 50, or 100 miles is a separate argument and does not pertain to driving under the influence. Driving under the influence makes your actions erratic, unpredictable. Those who are driving unintoxicated and at the speed limit may not anticipate "stupid" from another person (unfortunately, I'm always anticipating stupid...).

DeletedUser

He was driving and he was under the influence. Doesn't matter what he was driving. I'm just waiting to see a story where one of these toothless halfwits driving a lawn mower runs over a baby or a toddler. Maybe then people will take it seriously. I do have to admit though, driving down the street of a subdivision dead end street to a house about a half a mile isn't bad at all. Driving around the neighborhood drinking a 12 pack on one is.

About the biking... When I'm on a bike I'll go towards traffic because i like to see what is coming at me. Its not like I live in Cali where they have miles of mountain roads and long, open stretches. I just don't like the idea of having 2 tons of metal coming up behind me at 60 mph with no idea of where it is.

Is it just me or does this guy look like he is related to the face eating victim?
http://i.imgur.com/Rvv4p.jpg

I think its time for a drunk video...

[video=youtube;qJ-bdFfEEY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ-bdFfEEY0[/video]

DeletedUser

He was operating a motor vehicle. The officer after a brief inspection was correct for arresting him within the statutory law.
Now it's up to the court to see whether to enforce the law or not.

As for bicycles, not many officers would enforce it unless you are a danger to the public or yourself.

DeletedUser

Absolutely fair.

"After checking his arrest history, the deputy learned Gray's license has been revoked."

In other words, he knew he couldn't drive a car, so he thought he could get around that little inconvenience by using a riding mower. Sneaky but stupid.