• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Way to go, 'gar.

Algona

Congratulations to this year's induction class to the Baseball Hall of Fame. A special congratulations to to Mariano Rivera for the first 100% vote in HoF history. Well deserved.

As a long time (suffering) Mariners fan I'm thrilled Edgar Martinez made it in. We got Griffey Jr and RJ, but they played with other teams as well.

'Gar is strictly our own, entire career played for the Mariners. He posted the majority of his stats after age 30, one wonders what happens if he got to play earlier in his career? Arms like Popeye, a bright smile, quiet but charismatic, justifiably popular and one of the most loved characters in Seattle sports.

'Gar gave us The Double, the play that saved baseball in Seattle. The sports stations have been playing Dave Niehuas's (RIP, our other HoF member, the cupboard is bare up here) call of The Double all day along with Niehaus's call of "Break out the rye bread and mustard, Grandma, it's grand salami time!", still brings chills and goose bumps.

Being a Mariners fan is 99+% suck, I gotta enjoy the wins where I can. Prolly the only feel good story of the year for the team. But damn, it sure is good.

Way to go, 'gar.

Last edited:

Graviton

I agree, it's nice to see Martinez get in, I thought he'd sit a few years due to anti-DH bias.