• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

We NEED a balance patch

This game has some terrible balancing issues. Some GBs are outright worthless like the Colosseum, which is a shame because colosseums were a very iconic part of the Roman Empire. Compare that with Alcatraz that let's you eliminate everything but one Rouge Hideout at a high enough level while having more than enough troops. Speaking of units, they are poorly balanced as well with the worst offender being the Hover Tank. It's so bad that it makes all units in the AF obsolete before you get them and possibly OF units as well. I understand you need to make money, but how does some things being useless and others breaking the game help you make a profit?

DeletedUser36572

This game has some terrible balancing issues. Some GBs are outright worthless like the Colosseum, which is a shame because colosseums were a very iconic part of the Roman Empire. Compare that with Alcatraz that let's you eliminate everything but one Rouge Hideout at a high enough level while having more than enough troops. Speaking of units, they are poorly balanced as well with the worst offender being the Hover Tank. It's so bad that it makes all units in the AF obsolete before you get them and possibly OF units as well. I understand you need to make money, but how does some things being useless and others breaking the game help you make a profit?

Concerns that involve player initiatives versus item availability, are essentially “player concerns” and not “system concerns”. It is not necessarily the system’s job to dictate how you play, outside of what is available to everyone, through one means or another.

People are more likely to pay for what they want, and what may give them a competitive edge ... Suggesting a business will make more money pissing their customers off and devaluing what they already invested time, effort and/or money in, because you decided everything needs to be nerfed ... Is not a solid business plan.

You Could Work
For The Government

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

The game changes as you move through the ages, so certain things that are useful when you build them will become less so later on. You might think Hover tanks are OP but they begin to lose their edge as you advance through OF, and they are junk by VF. So what? The answer to that is:
I like winning battles.

I don't understand your point about the Colosseum. Sure, it was important to the Roman Empire and then the Empire fell (Western civilization advanced, sound familiar?) and it became obsolete. The Colosseum can be useful to newer cities and becomes less so as you age up. Again: so what?

There's a difference between "the game is broken" and "I wouldn't design it that way".

The Lady Redneck

It all depends on how you look at it. OK When I first started playing I was surprised that the Col did not have some sort of military boost. given the degree of combat training gladiators had to undertake to be good enough to fight (and die) in that Arena. But it is what it is. Like a lot of GBs, it can have its uses until you can replace it with something better.

As for troop imbalance. Do not be so defeatist. Look on it as a challenge. It will add a lot to your game. I have recently moved into FE in one world so am now able to play with Hovers. Yes they seem to be able to take any other unit out. But the challenge (and fun) for me is to try to find a way that will either defeat them or knock such a hole in them that it will make attackers think twice before attacking me a second time. Same goes for the strongest unit in any age. The real fun comes when I do figure my troops out and hit back, then the bully sends me a love letter saying THAT will not happen again as they are going to blow me out of the game. It is so good to say OK honey bring it on!!! (Me bad)

You might think Hover tanks are OP but they begin to lose their edge as you advance through OF, and they are junk by VF. So what?
You just admitted that Hover tanks are better than ALL units in the age above them. That means all of the new troops you unlock in the AF are only there as cannon fodder to Hover Tanks. How is that NOT broken?

People are more likely to pay for what they want, and what may give them a competitive edge ... Suggesting a business will make more money pissing their customers off and devaluing what they already invested time, effort and/or money in, because you decided everything needs to be nerfed ... Is not a solid business plan.
They aren't even premium units. You can get them before FE from getting to the FE questline and avoiding the quests that aren't possible before FE.

Graviton

You just admitted that Hover tanks are better than ALL units in the age above them. That means all of the new troops you unlock in the AF are only there as cannon fodder to Hover Tanks. How is that NOT broken?

Because I can still play the game. I use units until they aren't good anymore. HTs just happen to be good for longer than just about anything else. Again: so what?

Because I can still play the game. I use units until they aren't good anymore. HTs just happen to be good for longer than just about anything else. Again: so what?
There is a BIG difference between something being useful in higher ages and something dominating the age above it to the point where no one uses AF troops to fight.

Graviton

There is a BIG difference between something being useful in higher ages and something dominating the age above it to the point where no one uses AF troops to fight.

Oh I still use AF troops to fight sometimes. There are configurations of AF troops that my HTs can't penetrate. But tell me: what's the problem if nobody uses AF troops to fight? How is that bad for the game?