• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

We need new rewards in GE

Expletive Deleted

People will never be satisfied, it’s in their nature. They will always complain about low rewards.
I dont think it's people are never satisfied. I think things grow stagnant over time. Expedition started somewhere in 2016, or at least that's the first mentions of it I could find with a quick search. Two-ish years later people have grown bored with the same prizes and started this thread. Upgrades came in eventually and again, after a year plus, those that really want those prizes probably have them and everyone else just uses them for AD fodder. Which does make it seem less rewarding. Power creep across the board makes these same prizes less and less with every passing event or special building to come out.

Kranyar the Mysterious

This thread really does show how time marches on, new features totally change up how the game is played, and how power creep constantly moves upward. SoK and watchtowers, now items almost totally ignored by most players. Terrace Farm going that route even with the upgrade for it. I still disagree today about the FoY being worthless, the same as I would have a year or more ago, it is still quite useful for diamond farms and for everyone else it gives a good AD payout.

Fringe77

I posted a suggestion to vary the GE Chest Items and it was pushed to DNS because it changes the rewards but I still think it's worth discussing it. I play all 64 levels in GE to help the guilds I'm part of on 3 worlds and every week I get pretty much the same rewards over and over again. I have a big amount of Face of the Ancient, Gate of the Sun Gods, Sacred Sky Watch and their upgrades in stock, I keep selling them every day because there's no way any player can use that many. It gets really boring to get the same items over and over again. It would be nice to get at least 1-2 surprise buildings levels or any other surprises you might think of per GE level, to keep GE more exciting, have something to look forward to, instead of doing GE as a chore. It would be extremely easy to do and it doesn't have to change but 1-2 items a week. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Pickleweasel

On its face, I like the notion of having different rewards on a semi-regular basis. However, it seems like an unwinnable battle to try to find a reward set that a majority of players like.

I'd be pleased if they added the mechanic from the most recent event to the GE, re: piling up rewards in a secondary window and claiming them when you want them (if unclaimed at the end of the week, they would auto-collect in much the same fashion). To me, that would provide significantly more value than changing/supplementing one set of not-very-good reward buildings for another set of not-very-good reward buildings.

Darkest.Knight

For myself diamonds r always great and the rewards r about the only items I get that can be sold in the market. Along the way I used quite a few upgraded terrace farms, the little stuff like Face of Ancients is good for filling "odd" little spaces and I used to appreciate the goods and FP's. I doubt they'll change much, as is its fine w/me.

Agaselle

I get my units from fighting battles with the enthusiasm of a fighter. When I would have to play myself thrue a expedition
on trades I would wonder whats the goal in it when I got not the enthusiasm to fight but to trade.
Then I do not need units but goods.So I am at the level of trying to motivate myself with what I am good at , and what helps me to advance in it.When I would always achieve the opposite of what I am doing ,I do never get my expectations fullfilled.
It would be actually counter productive.....//gaselle....//

Last edited:

Portia the Benevolent

I'm always kinda scornful of people who want more rewards from GE because I feel like they're missing the point entirely. GE's intended purpose is to help your guild grow. The personal rewards are just the incentive to participate because a lot of players (like the ones who ask for better rewards) won't do squat for their guild unless it benefits them in a larger way than helping the guild level up. In fact, this mentality is seemingly what led to the creation of the Temple of Relics.

So from where I sit, GE's rewards are fine the way they are.
So the same rewards over the last 10 years is fine? It’s not kind of lame? You don’t need to get rid of what’s there but with so many changes and additions to the game ToR and GE need some periodic tweaking and spicing up IMO.

Ebeondi Asi

Quote: "So the same rewards over the last 10 years is fine..."
From Wiki: "In 2016, Guild Expedition was introduced, a weekly event where up to eight guilds compete against each other ..." So GE started less than six years ago. and the rewards have been updated since then. I can remember the excitement when some of the rewards were upgraded.
SO claiming that it has been ten years.. is blatantly not true

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Who is this "We" you speak of ? I am fine with the way it works now. GE takes about 15-20 minutes and gives on average 175 diamonds, 4 faces, 2 gates , 2 ritual flames 1 TF or 1 TF2 update. 50 FP , 2-3m supplies , 2-3m coins, 60 units and the odd building or two and this excludes what I get from the relics. Not really a bad deal for 20 minutes of clicking I would say.

..Boudica..

I sell anything I don't use to the AD. I finish GE on Tuesday and I have a couple of L2 FoAs but unless I find an upgrade at the same time, I sell em. Amass a fortune. Splurge foolisly. Do it again.

wolfhoundtoo

Who is this "We" you speak of ? I am fine with the way it works now. GE takes about 15-20 minutes and gives on average 175 diamonds, 4 faces, 2 gates , 2 ritual flames 1 TF or 1 TF2 update. 50 FP , 2-3m supplies , 2-3m coins, 60 units and the odd building or two and this excludes what I get from the relics. Not really a bad deal for 20 minutes of clicking I would say.

Is it really 60 units? I've never counted (and too late this week) and didn't realize it was that many.