• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

We should be able to see if a player is playing on mobile or pc

Mr. Patches

I was recruiting for my guilds new GvG team, but i had to individually message 63 people the same thing over and over. "do you play on mobile or pc?" I think it would be helpful to be able to see what they play on.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Ya, no.

Years ago Inno told us that less than 5% of players did GvG. That number is much lower now. Probably 80% or more of players are mobile only would be my guess, and of those who play on PC, only a small fraction ever touch GvG. So knowing if someone is on PC won't tell you anything about whether they play GvG or not.

Last edited:

Mr. Patches

Ya, no.

Years ago Inno told us that less than 5% of players did GvG. That number is much lower now. Probably 80% or more of players are mobile only would be my guess, and of those who play on PC, only a small fraction ever touch GvG. So knowing if someone is on PC won't tell you anything about whether they play GvG or not.
interesting

Johnny B. Goode

I was recruiting for my guilds new GvG team, but i had to individually message 63 people the same thing over and over. "do you play on mobile or pc?" I think it would be helpful to be able to see what they play on.
GvG is a waste of resources better spent on GBG and GE. Both of those bring tangible rewards, GvG gives nothing but global guild ranking, which means nothing. And a boost to guild level, which I've explained before is of minimal benefit at best. You get almost as much benefit from buying Forge+ as you do from a high guild level.

Ebeondi Asi

The GvG players in my Guilds are very much enjoying playing GvG. Regardless of what others think. LOL

As for what a player uses? nah. Some are on tablets, some may use an Android simulator in a PC playing the mobile version! , The one way that can't now be done is play the PC version on a phone.
I am glad Inno updates the PC version as well a they do!! Thank you Inno! ( I could never play Foe on a small phone screen.)

The Lady Redneck

We must be bucking the trend LOL. As our GVG players have increased. We do encourage any new member who has access to a PC to try GvG some end up just doing so casually. Maybe just pop in for a few fights now and again. Others really get the bug as they like the fun and excitement of real battles you only get in GVG, as the endless farming on GBG can get repetitive for some. It is a chore you do for the rewards. GvG you do for pleasure. And the whole guild can see that a good balance of players both fighters and farmers (whether mobile, PC or both) benefits all. But we play together as a guild and not just as a bunch of players who are in a guild purely for their own convenience. Maybe that is what makes the difference.

Last edited:

Tony 85 the Generous

It would be nice to know as that is a factor in how fast one can fight. I can do 9 fights on PC in the same time as I can do 15-16 fights on mobile.

Emberguard

The biggest thing with the request to see if you're playing on mobile or pc will be implementation

Are you intending the info to be manual input or automatic?
Are you looking for it to be anything logged into within the past X days? Or just what they're currently logged in as?
Can the player opt out of that info being visible?

Ebeondi Asi

A lot depends on your connection. The carrier you chose, The plan you have, the device and the programming it uses. the amount of over-achieving security you have in place (or not) The updates possible to the basic Android (usually older phones stop updating any Android updates!
What browser you use (on PC) your Modem and WiFi on PC there are a dozen bits between you and the Inno Foe Servers to have endless complications to speed.
I am totally amazed players in far off countries seem to be as if next door. Argentina, Germany, Spain France, New Zealand, Japan, mainland China, India all have immediate response. in chat in my various Guilds..

Last edited: