• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

weird global chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas002

If you're asymptomatic, you're not couching or sneezing, since those are symptoms.

Remember when we used to sit around and wonder how many people we infected with the Flu? Yeah, me neither.
Oh yeah, I forgot. no one ever coughed or sneezed before COVID. Allergies, and the common cold have been officially abolished since December last year.

And btw, it works the other way too. if someone with Covid is near you, and they cough or sneeze, if you have even a simple cloth or surgical mask, you will inhale less droplets. this has been proven. what hasn't been proven, is that this kind of masks helps stop the really tiny droplets from normal breathing.

And if you still believe that COVID is no worse than the Flu, then you are either REALLY stupid, have your head up your @$$, are lying to yourself (none of which I believe, but are possible), or you are just saying that to "win" an argument on a forum.

DevaCat

If you're asymptomatic, you're not couching or sneezing, since those are symptoms.

Remember when we used to sit around and wonder how many people we infected with the Flu? Yeah, me neither.
A cough or sneeze could be symptoms, or they might just be a cough or sneeze. Ditto fever, which might be associated with a virus, or not. Point is, someone infected can be unaware of that fact, and can shed the virus simply by exhaling, coughing, sneezing, shouting, singing loudly -- get it? Wearing a mask helps reduce transmission to others.

If you care about others, you wear a mask. Simple.

Of course, if you don't believe covid19 is real, and you believe in the conspiracy theories, and that dinosaurs and humans roamed together some 4000 years ago, I don't think I have an antidote to the koolaid you've consumed. Avoiding talk radio for a while might help, maybe.

RazorbackPirate

Oh yeah, I forgot. no one ever coughed or sneezed before COVID. Allergies, and the common cold have been officially abolished since December last year.

And btw, it works the other way too. if someone with Covid is near you, and they cough or sneeze, if you have even a simple cloth or surgical mask, you will inhale less droplets. this has been proven. what hasn't been proven, is that this kind of masks helps stop the really tiny droplets from normal breathing.

And if you still believe that COVID is no worse than the Flu, then you are either REALLY stupid, have your head up your @$$, are lying to yourself (none of which I believe, but are possible), or you are just saying that to "win" an argument on a forum.
If it's allergies, or the common cold, it's not Covid. So you're not spreading Covid.

I don't care if someone around me wears a mask or not. In fact, I prefer they don't. If I'm not sick, and you're not sick, there's no reason to wear a mask. Mask or not, if I were sick, I wouldn't go out to infect others, I expect the same.

In a bad Flu year, deaths from Pneumonia and Influenza deaths combined can top 140,000 deaths. More than 80% of Covid deaths have occurred in people aged 65 and over. It's over 92% in ages 55 and older. For 6% of the deaths, Covid was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to Covid, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The average age of those who died with Covid is 75. The average life expectancy in the US is 78.5.

So old, sick people died from being sick and old. Most of them because doctors, under orders from Governors, withheld the one treatment that has been proven to work worldwide, HCQ+Zinc+Z-pack. Following the data from those countries that used it, US deaths could have been 79% lower per capita than they were. Lower still if those same Governors had not pushed Covid infected elderly patients back into nursing homes to infect other old, sick people.
A cough or sneeze could be symptoms, or they might just be a cough or sneeze. Ditto fever, which might be associated with a virus, or not. Point is, someone infected can be unaware of that fact, and can shed the virus simply by exhaling, coughing, sneezing, shouting, singing loudly -- get it? Wearing a mask helps reduce transmission to others.

If you care about others, you wear a mask. Simple.

Of course, if you don't believe covid19 is real, and you believe in the conspiracy theories, and that dinosaurs and humans roamed together some 4000 years ago, I don't think I have an antidote to the koolaid you've consumed. Avoiding talk radio for a while might help, maybe.
If you're coughing, sneezing or have a fever, you're sick and shouldn't be around others. If you are are, Covid test or not, you're an idiot. Singing, Lol. Like in Church? See how that conveniently works for those, like you, who hate religion?

Mask or not, if I'm coughing, sneezing or have a fever, I don't go out where I can infect others.

I've also never said I don't think Covid is real, What I've said is I think masks don't work and the reason they've mandated we wear them has nothing to do with Covid or science. It has to do with keeping you in fear, wrecking an economy, and to push for mail in voting coming into an election.

I also believe the Bible and that's hardly a conspiracy theory. Do I believe dinosaurs and humans walked together? I have no idea, but with antediluvian life spans in the hundreds of years for humans, and with reptilian and amphibious species that never stop growing until they die, it is entirely plausible that what we think of as dinosaurs are nothing more than really old reptiles and amphibians who grew to gigantic sizes.

But I get it, your too smart to believe in God, having never done any investigation yourself. Talk about conspiracy theories.

And for the record, I don't listen to talk radio and have not owned a TV since 1987. I do my own research, I reach my own conclusions based on my own research. You should try it sometime.

Nicholas002

If it's allergies, or the common cold, it's not Covid. So you're not spreading Covid.
you can be non-symptomatic with COVID and have allergies/common cold at the same time.
I don't care if someone around me wears a mask or not. In fact, I prefer they don't. If I'm not sick, and you're not sick, there's no reason to wear a mask. Mask or not, if I were sick, I wouldn't go out to infect others, I expect the same.

In a bad Flu year, deaths from Pneumonia and Influenza deaths combined can top 140,000 deaths. More than 80% of Covid deaths have occurred in people aged 65 and over. It's over 92% in ages 55 and older. For 6% of the deaths, Covid was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to Covid, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death. The average age of those who died with Covid is 75. The average life expectancy in the US is 78.5.

So old, sick people died from being sick and old. Most of them because doctors, under orders from Governors, withheld the one treatment that has been proven to work worldwide, HCQ+Zinc+Z-pack. Following the data from those countries that used it, US deaths could have been 79% lower per capita than they were. Lower still if those same Governors had not pushed Covid infected elderly patients back into nursing homes to infect other old, sick people.
If you're coughing, sneezing or have a fever, you're sick and shouldn't be around others. If you are are, Covid test or not, you're an idiot. Singing, Lol. Like in Church? See how that conveniently works for those, like you, who hate religion?

Mask or not, if I'm coughing, sneezing or have a fever, I don't go out where I can infect others.

I've also never said I don't think Covid is real, What I've said is I think masks don't work and the reason they've mandated we wear them has nothing to do with Covid or science. It has to do with keeping you in fear, wrecking an economy, and to push for mail in voting coming into an election.

I also believe the Bible and that's hardly a conspiracy theory. Do I believe dinosaurs and humans walked together? I have no idea, but with antediluvian life spans in the hundreds of years for humans, and with reptilian and amphibious species that never stop growing until they die, it is entirely plausible that what we think of as dinosaurs are nothing more than really old reptiles and amphibians who grew to gigantic sizes.

But I get it, your too smart to believe in God, having never done any investigation yourself. Talks about conspiracy theories.

And for the record, I don't listen to talk radio and I've not owned a TV since 1987. I do my own research, I reach my own conclusions based on my own research. You should try it sometime.
I am not going to answer everything you said here, but basically, since wearing a mask is so easy to do and has a chance to protect you and those around you, why not just do it?

and I don't think religion or dinosaurs really has anything to do with this, though I would think that a believer like you would want to do whatever he can to protect the health of those around him (at least that's how it is for me)

EDIT; how tf did we get from weird global chat to masks to religion to dinosaurs? lol

Last edited:

Lady Gato

SNIP

SNIP

But there are people who go around knowing they are sick and yet they still work because probably they may be the only breadwinner in the family. Like the link I shared about the two hair stylists in Springfield, MO who worked while they were sick. And ultimately tested positive with Covid. Yet they didn't spread it to their clients as they followed the state guidelines and were masked when they styled their clients. I actually know a few of the people EDIT [who know the people] who got their hair styled from these stylists.

The mask requirement is a way for the country to remain open and the economy working. If you look at other countries, their efforts of stifling the virus spread have been much more draconian. Do you want a situation where there is a mass testing requirement and those who are found to be sick and those who are found to be asymptomatic carriers are all sent to a facility to be quarantined until they no longer test positive? If you like history, you should go look up what happened to "Typhoid Mary."

I do not know why you were quoting statistics re who has been dying of Covid. I can make assumptions, but if you could explain further, that would be great. To me, it comes across as to why bother with it anyway because it is hitting the old and the sick. Surely you don't mean it that way being a Christian individual that you are.

In the state I live, Alabama, 40 percent of the cases have been age 25-49. 20 percent have been age 50-64. And more women (at 55 percent) than men. Our deaths from Covid have been 78 percent 65 and over. And over 17 percent of the deaths have been from age 50-64. My information comes from the state of Alabama dashboard on the subpages 12 and 13. Where did you get your statistics?

EDIT: As to the protocol that you mentioned, the NIH is doing a study on it as there has been only anecdotal evidence that it works. You know they are trying to be scientific about it which you stated you preferred.

Last edited:

Farfle the smelly

Ok, but where's the science? That's tight, there is none. Still waiting for actual science, not your opinion. I'll start.

Exhibit A

View attachment 16751

So you very clearly DIDNT read the article. It was absolutely loaded with scientific evidence. This is a simple one that I think even you can understand.

Aerosol Filtration Efficiency of Common Fabrics Used in Respiratory Cloth Masks

Abhiteja Konda, Abhinav Prakash, Gregory A. Moss, Michael Schmoldt, Gregory D. Grant, and Supratik Guha*
Cite this: ACS Nano 2020, 14, 5, 6339–6347
Publication Date:April 24, 2020

Go ahead and read it, I’ll wait.

Oh...you’re not going to read it, are you? Because it doesn’t fit with your Me Against The World ideology. At the very least stop saying that they don’t work. If you don’t want to wear one, fine. But stop lying. There are children here on the forum who likely look up to you. To provide misinformation to them is abhorrent. They came here to discuss the game, they didn’t consent to a QAnon Facebook post.

For others, here is the part of the article that confirms that everyday material DOES decrease particle inhalation of various sizes. But really, we are all using them to prevent OUR PARTICLES from escaping. But this should be enough to chew on. Results are listed under README, if you want to skip ahead.

Although the detailed transmission specifics of SARS-CoV-2 virus are not well understood yet, droplets that are below 5 μm are considered the primary source of transmission in a respiratory infection,(13,15,34) and droplets that are smaller than 1 μm tend to stay in the environment as aerosols for longer durations of up to 8 h.(19) Aerosol droplets containing the SARS-CoV-2 virus have been shown to remain suspended in air for ∼3 h.(13,35) We have therefore targeted our experimental measurements in the important particle size range between ∼10 nm and 6 μm.
We tested the performance of over 15 natural and synthetic fabrics that included materials such as cotton with different thread counts, silk, flannel, and chiffon. The complete list is provided in the Materials and Methods section. For comparison, we also tested a N95 respirator and surgical masks. Additionally, as appropriate, we tested the efficiency of multiple layers of a single fabric or a combination of multiple fabrics for hybrid cloth masks in order to explore combinations of physical filtering as well as electrostatic filtering.
Results and Discussion
Jump To
We determine the filtration efficiency of a particular cloth as a function of particle size (Figure 2) by measuring the concentration of the particles upstream, Cu (Figure 2a,b) and the concentration of the particle downstream, Cd (Figure 2c,d). Concentrations were measured in the size ranges of 10–178 nm (using the nanoscan tool) and 300 nm to 6 μm (using the optical particle sizer tool). The representative example in Figure 2 shows the case for a single layer of silk fabric, where the measurements of Cu and Cd were carried out at a flow rate of 1.2 CFM. Following the procedure detailed in the Materials and Methods section, we then estimated the filtration efficiency of a cloth from Cu and Cd as a function of aerosol particle size.
Figure 2

Figure 2. Particle concentration as a function of particle size at a flow rate of 1.2 CFM. Plots showing the particle concentration (in arbitrary units) upstream and downstream through a single layer of natural silk for particle sizes <300 nm (a,c) and between 300 nm and 6 μm (b,d). Each bin shows the particle concentration for at least six trials. The particle concentrations in panels (b) and (d) are given in log scale for better representation of the data. The y-axis scales are the same for panels "a" and "c"; and for panels "b" and "d".

READMEREADMEREADME

The results plotted in Figure 3a are the filtration efficiencies for cotton (the most common material used in cloth masks) with different thread counts (rated in threads per inch—TPI—and representative of the coarseness or fineness of the fabric). We compare a moderate (80 TPI) thread count quilter’s cotton (often used in do-it-yourself masks) with a high (600 TPI) cotton fabric sample. Additionally, we also measured the transmission through a traditional cotton quilt where two 120 TPI quilter’s cotton sheets sandwich a ∼0.5 cm batting (90% cotton–5% polyester–5% other fibers). Comparing the two cotton sheets with different thread counts, the 600 TPI cotton is clearly superior with >65% efficiency at <300 nm and >90% efficiency at >300 nm, which implies a tighter woven cotton fabric may be preferable. In comparison, the single-layer 80 TPI cotton does not perform as well, with efficiencies varying from ∼5 to ∼55% depending on the particle size across the entire range. The quilt, a commonly available household material, with a fibrous cotton batting also provided excellent filtration across the range of particle sizes (>80% for <300 nm and >90% for >300 nm).

DeletedUser

Those who oppose masks are ignoring the reason/science for them. It is not to protect the mask wearer (unless it's a mask specifically designed to do so), it is to prevent asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic carriers of COVID-19 from unknowingly spreading it. That is why this virus is so much worse than the flu, because you can have it and not know it because you have no symptoms. And then everywhere you go without a mask, you are spreading the virus in the air. This is not a government or any other kind of conspiracy, it is basic health science.

Wearing a mask helps protect everyone and slow/stop the spread of the virus. Not wearing a mask doesn't make you any safer, which is the main fallacy in the argument against them. And the argument that they haven't been "proven" is just stubborn ignorance of the truth that is widely available and backed up by results from all over the world where masks are widely used. Not the US, of course, because there are too many stubborn conspiracy believers who hide behind alleged "freedom" philosophies. Just admit that you don't give a crap about anyone else and quit pretending that you are noble or thoughtful in your beliefs.

Alpha Persei

wow, i'm so bamboozled at this moment ...
why don't u guys move this to the debate hall . i really don't know why an harmless thread like this ,had to become a debate about wearing masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.