• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

weird neighbor messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericness

Beats the spam trades and GB posts I usually see. Makes things interesting at least. Shockingly I don't want to spend 1 FP for a trade I don't need or overpay to lock in the 3 spot on some rando's ToB.

Nicholas002

Beats the spam trades and GB posts I usually see. Makes things interesting at least. Shockingly I don't want to spend 1 FP for a trade I don't need or overpay to lock in the 3 spot on some rando's ToB.
In the last week, two other people have done group messages with fairly profitable sniping opportunities. I guess as far as spam goes, it’s not the worst. :)

Kranyar the Mysterious

I got a really strange group message from a new player that made no sense. Even weirder, he set about half of the people including me with admin rights to the thread. So I put him on ignore, removed everyone from the message, then left. Problem solved, and most of the people will never know.

DevaCat

Reports get people into trouble in not a snitch
Nah, I think it's so we don't annoy each other too much. :) Reported people don't really get into trouble unless they have been very naughty. Usually, if it's off topic a post will get moved or deleted. If a post is offensive it gets taken down and I'd guess the author might be warned. Plus using report saves a mod some time: say someone starts political stuff in a game topic thread. If you click report and type "off topic", the mod is alerted and only has one post to remove. If instead you engage the political poster, a whole page of posts could pop up and have to be removed by the mod when it finally gets his/her attention.

My guess is that the two players in the op would probably be pleased that their words have been quoted, and Tigger used a group message so it's clear he wanted people to know. Names/portraits are edited out to protect people from too much ridicule, or maybe when what they posted was meant to be private. Far as I can tell these two haven't been ridiculed much at all so no real harm, just some fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.