• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What’s yours is mine! (Great Building Ability )

DeletedUser32389

I have an idea for a new Great Building ability, I’m calling it “What’s yours is mine”

Same stats as the Voyager to start (3 swings) but the building basically allows you to plunder anyone you can aid (friends, neighbors, guildies). The buildings in question must be ready to collect, same as plundering. The difference is it leaves a marker over the players building, but awards them their collection without penalty. You know a buddy has mooched, but it doesn’t affect your bottom line.

It would need a collection bonus too, it would be super cool if that bonuses type was picked at random from the returns you mooch. For instance, if you only take from HoFs, it would give you a leveled crown bonus the next day when you collect. If you don't use the "friendly plunder" ability the bonus is random coin or supply. If you collect goods, the collection is random goods of your age no matter what age the goods you stole.

And the beauty is the abuse prevention is built into the numbers. You see as the building increases in level the number of plunders you get increases, as does the payout on collection. But as you get more plunders there are more choices for the random output to fall on. In theory it gets harder to consistently choose what you want as the building grows.

I feel I have to add this at the bottom, this isn’t in proposal format because it isn’t fleshed out enough. Proposals are for fully formed ideas, or simple changes that are easy to understand and implement. If the mods would like all ideas, regardless of their nature be in proposal format just let me know and I’ll write em that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26532

An intriguing idea but ripe for abuse.

Get 10 top players together, each of them sets up shop with goods buildings for a different era. Each of them levels their GB you describe.

Boom, 10 guys making a LOT of every era of good, pump that into the treasury, pump that into GvG, dominate.

Similarly, top players would hit each others' terrace farms or Palaces for extra forge points, and plow them into each other's GBs.

I see far too much unevenness to think this is a workable idea.

DeletedUser32389

I like your thinking, abuse prevention is key. In that scenario everyone in this elite team would have as many extra good collections or “plunders” as they have unlocked in this building only as long as they all perfectly time their collections. Capping the number of plunders, (along with the fact they need to be timed with collection) would balance it out.

I also mentioned before that no matter the goods you plunder, the goods return from your building would be random from your age, or even unrefined goods if you're a higher player.

Balance is the key, but the more I think about a GB that lets you control it’s output this way it's kind of interesting. The diamond thing would have to go I'm sure, but a GB that produced crowns if you went out and "plundered" them would be very cool

DeletedUser29563

I have an idea for a new Great Building ability, I’m calling it “What’s yours is mine”

Same stats as the Voyager to start (3 swings) but the building basically allows you to plunder anyone you can aid (friends, neighbors, guildies). The buildings in question must be ready to collect, same as plundering. The difference is it leaves a marker over the players building, but awards them their collection without penalty. You know a buddy has mooched, but it doesn’t affect your bottom line.

It would need a collection bonus too, it would be super cool if that bonuses type was picked at random from the returns you mooch. For instance, if you only take from HoFs, it would give you a leveled crown bonus the next day when you collect. If you don't use the "friendly plunder" ability the bonus is random coin or supply. If you collect goods, the collection is random goods of your age no matter what age the goods you stole.

And the beauty is the abuse prevention is built into the numbers. You see as the building increases in level the number of plunders you get increases, as does the payout on collection. But as you get more plunders there are more choices for the random output to fall on. In theory it gets harder to consistently choose what you want as the building grows.

I feel I have to add this at the bottom, this isn’t in proposal format because it isn’t fleshed out enough. Proposals are for fully formed ideas, or simple changes that are easy to understand and implement. If the mods would like all ideas, regardless of their nature be in proposal format just let me know and I’ll write em that way.
At least its a fresh creative idea. But I'm gonna have to give this one some thought.

DeletedUser32389

Imagine this: The building starts with 1plunder, and it’s 24hr bake time starts once you use that plunder. If you don’t use it, the building doesn’t produce.

As the building levels up it might have to cap at 7 total plunders or less, and if the buildings production return on plundered goods was unrefined goods, that would help balance.

(And remember, this "Friendly plunder" leaves a mark, but basically takes a copy of those goods, not effecting the output to the rightful owner.)

And lore wise I think some kind of universal printer would fit it's futuristic nature

Last edited by a moderator: