• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What advances GB to next age?

Henuses

I'm currently in Iron Age and am wondering what would make the GBs start making goods for EMA as I'd like to continue making IA goods for a while longer.

Is it advancing the tech tree I to EMA, advancing the Cmap (if this does it I wonder how far I can go before it changes) or the Story quest line or all or the above.

Thank you in advance.

DeletedUser28670

Advancing in ages (tech tree) will subsequently make your goods-producing GBs produce that age's goods.
Advancing in cmap will subsequently make your story quests a higher age.

Hope that helped!

DeletedUser31592

Your tech-tree determines your age. Your GBs will always produce goods from your age (or the unrefined goods you need once you hit that point.) Once you reach a new age, GBs automatically change with you.

DeletedUser

Specifically, from Bronze Age through Progressive Era your GBs produce current era goods, meaning whatever age your city is in. From Modern Era up your GBs (except the ones that produce for the Guild Treasury) produce goods from 3 eras previous to your current era. These are referred to in the game as "unrefined goods". Research completed (FPs and goods/coins/supplies spent to unlock it) determines what age you are in. Unlock even 1 tech from the next age and you move up, ready or not.

Henuses

Thank you to the 3 of you. All helpful information in understanding the Dynamics in play.

One last simple question related to IA. About to take over 7th Cmap province but was hoping to see these reoccurring side quests and am wondering where the cut off is for possibly advancing the side quest line.

Would it happen when one takes over the province or when one scouts after that? I assume it's the latter but you know what they say about assuming.

Interesting as how things are separate but intertwined at the same. Thank you again.

DeletedUser31882

One last simple question related to IA. About to take over 7th Cmap province but was hoping to see these reoccurring side quests and am wondering where the cut off is for possibly advancing the side quest line.

Would it happen when one takes over the province or when one scouts after that? I assume it's the latter but you know what they say about assuming.

I don't know the specifics, but usually side-quests are tied to technology, Age-switches and C-map province captures/scouting. So, you could get a random side-quest after province capture AND after scouting. I'm not sure if there is an exhaustive list and I don't recall what side-quests occurred at the end of IA. I do know that I did not have any non abort-able side-quests until EMA.

I did scout and capture an EMA province before moving to EMA Age tech wise. I believe I was able to keep doing IA reoccurring quests in that specific situation... but don't quote me or risk your city on that.