• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What are some of the challenges of playing on a very new world that one needs to be aware of?

DeletedUser35712

I just started a town on the new Finnish world Cirgard, which was released on July 3rd, 2018, along with many other new worlds. One of the nicer things on the newer server, especially the Finnish server since it is so empty is that a lot of the top 50 players are still accepting friend requests, so my friends list is not only extremely active, but gives me the opportunity to get some higher age blueprints. However, what are some things that I need to know about newer servers so I could modify my strategy? I usually camp in Bronze for a few weeks, and then move on to the Iron Age once I get 160 forge points in storage and around a 100k in both supplies and coins. My end-game goal is to get high-level Great Buildings so I could dominate in my age, so I might camp in Iron Age some more. Do you guys have any advice for how to be a better player on newer worlds, or is the strategy just the same as playing on a more developed world?

Also one more question:
Do you think learning Finnish would be an absolute must to get good on this world, or would I be able to use Google Translate to get by just fine?

DeletedUser29726

Main differences:
Getting high age GBs early is not easy - pick only the most important ones or a strategy that can do without them til the goods are more available
- High age GBs will likely not be available immediately at all due to noone in the age. How fast they show up depends on the fastest progresser.
- The first copies of high age GBs are likely only available as diamond drops or for exorbitant amounts of FP paid to a whale to diamond the goods for you.
- Once some players are in those upper ages, expect the goods to still be expensive for a while compared to an established server. When there's only 10 people in FE and a server full of people waiting to get arcs without paying diamonds they're not going to be cheap.

The top hood will not be all the same age. If you're techwise in the upper 80 you may face players many ages ahead of you and/or behind you.

Guilds will not have flush treasuries to easily unlock GE. If GE is important to you make sure to find a guild committed to it as it'll require donations from most players to unlock all the way OR create a guild for just yourself so you only have to cover your goods.

GvG maps will be much more available if you can get to them before the pack. The few guilds that are out in front of the rest can't afford to take the whole map up so there'll be NPCs for you if you're just reasonably efficient.

Global chat will be much more active.

DeletedUser35712

Main differences:
Getting high age GBs early is not easy - pick only the most important ones or a strategy that can do without them til the goods are more available
- High age GBs will likely not be available immediately at all due to noone in the age. How fast they show up depends on the fastest progresser.
- The first copies of high age GBs are likely only available as diamond drops or for exorbitant amounts of FP paid to a whale to diamond the goods for you.
- Once some players are in those upper ages, expect the goods to still be expensive for a while compared to an established server. When there's only 10 people in FE and a server full of people waiting to get arcs without paying diamonds they're not going to be cheap.

The top hood will not be all the same age. If you're techwise in the upper 80 you may face players many ages ahead of you and/or behind you.

Guilds will not have flush treasuries to easily unlock GE. If GE is important to you make sure to find a guild committed to it as it'll require donations from most players to unlock all the way OR create a guild for just yourself so you only have to cover your goods.

GvG maps will be much more available if you can get to them before the pack. The few guilds that are out in front of the rest can't afford to take the whole map up so there'll be NPCs for you if you're just reasonably efficient.

Global chat will be much more active.

Thanks for the response!
I have a couple more questions
So I plan on camping in Iron Age for a while, so would I be in the upper 80, or should I be good?
Is it worth it to go for higher age GB's even though the goods cost is extremely expensive with low supply and high demand? I'm thinking of getting the Arc and leveling it to 80. Would it be worth it, or should I expect to wait out a little longer?
I'm in a top 5 guild, but I haven't seen the GvG map yet since I am still in Bronze. Would my guild have a significant advantage in getting lots of territory in the GvG?
Would having an Alcatraz early put me in a significant advantage in the game, since I could produce tons of rogues for GvG early?

DeletedUser29726

Thanks for the response!
I have a couple more questions
So I plan on camping in Iron Age for a while, so would I be in the upper 80, or should I be good?
You won't be upper 80 in iron age.

Is it worth it to go for higher age GB's even though the goods cost is extremely expensive with low supply and high demand? I'm thinking of getting the Arc and leveling it to 80. Would it be worth it, or should I expect to wait out a little longer?
Well the first question will be how early you even can get an arc print. It might be a few months. It might be a week or two. Then the question is are you going to spend the 20k diamonds to drop it yourself? It's one of only two buildings i would consider potentially worth diamond dropping - the other is chateau if you're a quester, especially an iron age camping one. If you're not, well you'll have to see what opportunities are out there to buy the goods.

I'm in a top 5 guild, but I haven't seen the GvG map yet since I am still in Bronze. Would my guild have a significant advantage in getting lots of territory in the GvG?

These days, not so much. GvG will level the guild faster and rank the guild higher but mostly guild levels aren't so important with the plethora of other ways to get the buffs it provides. People GvG because they like to GvG or want to feed their ego by being a 'top' guild.

Would having an Alcatraz early put me in a significant advantage in the game, since I could produce tons of rogues for GvG early?
Not if you're camping iron age really... iron age gvg isn't worth much.

Agent327

Also one more question:
Do you think learning Finnish would be an absolute must to get good on this world, or would I be able to use Google Translate to get by just fine?

If you want to look like the village idiot that might work just fine :D

Setriously man, Finnish? Do you really believe Google Translate can do a good job on that?

DeletedUser35475

Also one more question:

You should be able to find plenty of people who understand English there, about 90% of Finns speak it to some degree. Of course you will have no idea what they are saying about you in Finnish but then does that really matter? :D

Agent327

You should be able to find plenty of people who understand English there, about 90% of Finns speak it to some degree. Of course you will have no idea what they are saying about you in Finnish but then does that really matter? :D

Actually it does.

§4 Kieli

Tämä Forge Of Empires palvelin on suomenkielinen. Muiden kielten käyttö pelissä on kiellettyä.

§4 Language

This Forge of Empires server is an Finnish game. The use of other languages in the game is forbidden.

DeletedUser28670

Actually it does.

§4 Kieli

Tämä Forge Of Empires palvelin on suomenkielinen. Muiden kielten käyttö pelissä on kiellettyä.

§4 Language

This Forge of Empires server is an Finnish game. The use of other languages in the game is forbidden.
Agenr actually said something useful that I forgot. Never thought I'd see that day.

DeletedUser35475

And that keeps you from communicating by individual messages ? Seems weird that Inno would care how you talked directly to another player.