• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What can you possibly spend 1 diamond on?

Captain Christian

I have a bit of an O.C.D. (Hence the reason my grammar is nearly impeccable, and I always use periods when writing abbreviations, such as D.N.S.L. versus DNSL), and I really need to get rid of nine diamonds. I somehow spent one a long time back, and I am currently at 1,209 diamonds. Does anyone know what I can spend one diamond on to fix this?

DeletedUser

Off the top of my head, I think 5 is the least amount you can spend normally. You might check on productions or building constructions that you can hurry up with Diamonds. If I remember right, on some of those the Diamond amount goes down as the time remaining decreases. Catch one at the right moment and you're set.

DreadfulCadillac

Off the top of my head, I think 5 is the least amount you can spend normally. You might check on productions or building constructions that you can hurry up with Diamonds. If I remember right, on some of those the Diamond amount goes down as the time remaining decreases. Catch one at the right moment and you're set.
You should be able to spend 4 diamonds to finish a building production, and then your EVEN AGAIN!

WinnerGR

One may also boost the output from the breakdown with Diamonds Diamonds - this will increase the amount of Trade Coins by 20% and the amount of Gemstones by 80%. Boosting the breakdown costs Diamonds 1 Diamond for every Trade Coins 100 trade coins (rounded up) of the unboosted barter price and Diamonds 3 diamonds for every Gemstones gem (maximum of the possible span) of the unboosted barter price. If more than one slot is used for barter at the same time, the items are evaluated separately to determine the cost of the boost.
Which would mean that if you had an item that sold for 100 TC you could spend a diamond.
You should be able to spend 4 diamonds to finish a building production, and then your EVEN AGAIN!
I though it was 5 diamonds .

Agent327

[Facepalm] I should have though of that! Thanks!

You are right. Nearly impeccable grammar :p

Hate to tell you this, but even if you do not spend diamonds you are likely to have an in your eyes strange total., just because of the ways you can win diamonds. Try not to let it bother you to much. You would be really annoyed with yourself when you are 1 diamond short when you really need it.

I may need to double check, but I guess diplomacy in CS cost 1 diamond per +1 on diplomacy. If you want to get rid of diamonds 1, 9 or whatever, try hitting a CS and get rid of them to unlock via diplomacy buy.

Edit: It does go in +1 increment for diplomacy in Japan CS

Super Catanian

I may need to double check, but I guess diplomacy in CS cost 1 diamond per +1 on diplomacy. If you want to get rid of diamonds 1, 9 or whatever, try hitting a CS and get rid of them to unlock via diplomacy buy.

Edit: It does go in +1 increment for diplomacy in Japan CS
Not just in Japan, but the other ones as well.

wontn23

Did some experimenting with 15 minute productions and finishing with diamonds. The following is a count down.

Mins Diamonds
15------ 8
12------ 7
8--------6
4:30-----5
2--------4
20secs---3

Doesn't go less than 3.

Hope this helps your OCD skipper. :)

Did some editing because the columns didn't line up

Last edited: