• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What determines what you can sell to the Antique Dealer?

Monto McGrog

Why can I not sell certain items to the Antique Dealer? I have several Botanical Rotunda's that I do not need, yet I cannot sell them at the Antique Dealer. What determines the items that can be sold?

Graviton

I sincerely hope the game putters recognizes they created as many problems as they solved by changing the way this tiny part of the game works.

I was thinking the same thing, I'd guess they're getting twice as many complaints about unlocking items than they did from people accidentally selling items.

UP ONLINE

Why can I not sell certain items to the Antique Dealer? I have several Botanical Rotunda's that I do not need, yet I cannot sell them at the Antique Dealer. What determines the items that can be sold?
It's not hard to figure things out.
There is a button with a lock ICON. It's not rocket science
but when it comes down to What Goods building to build & boosters most Can't read the popup And make sense of it

Algona

This is by far the most frequently asked UI question since it was added to the game.

Lat year hindsight? (Think about it, it's easu to see!) (And if not I'll come along in a while and explain. )

Emberguard

I was thinking the same thing, I'd guess they're getting twice as many complaints about unlocking items than they did from people accidentally selling items.
doubt it. There were just as many people asking how to lock items from being sold as there are players asking how to unlock Items. The only difference is now the refund requests aren’t going to pop up because the items are only unlocked if you intend to sell

Emberguard

While you’re right it’s not hard to figure out that a lock does something, I think the disconnect comes from it being located in inventory and it effecting the Antiques Dealer. If there were a symbol for Antiques Dealer and it were next to the lock then that’d make it clearer. (The auction hammer perhaps?)

I never had problems knowing what it was, but I was also there when it was first released and read the announcements.

SheWolf

While you’re right it’s not hard to figure out that a lock does something, I think the disconnect comes from it being located in inventory and it effecting the Antiques Dealer. If there were a symbol for Antiques Dealer and it were next to the lock then that’d make it clearer. (The auction hammer perhaps?)

I never had problems knowing what it was, but I was also there when it was first released and read the announcements.
why are so many more items locked now and can i unlock them?

Emberguard

why are so many more items locked now and can i unlock them?
Go into inventory. Click lock in upper right corner. Then click on the items you wish to lock or unlock

Items in inventory are automatically locked. You need to unlock to sell

9C14719D-290B-4D62-9816-87143A32D8CF.jpeg

Graviton

Go into inventory. Click lock in upper right corner. Then click on the items you wish to lock or unlock

Items in inventory are automatically locked. You need to unlock to sell

Probably should sticky that somewhere. Or write a new guide: How To Unlock Your Inventory.