• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

what do u think of guild hoppers

DeletedUser

Guild hopping snipers do hurt the guilds they snipe in. They will snipe spots for less than the 1.8 - 1.9 range, which will prevent the owners of the sniped GBs from getting FP that they could have received in their guilds 1.9/1.8 thread. They will also prevent guild members from getting those rewards.

I don’t disagree with guild hopping snipers, when my arc reaches 80 I may do it myself for a little while, but to say that guild hopping snipers don’t negatively impact the guilds they snipe in (even if the impact is small in some cases) is like saying that plundering doesn’t negatively impact the plundered player.
And how many guilds advanced enough to have 1.8-1.9 threads are going to be open join? Very, very few. And if they have those threads and they're still open join, they deserve what they get. So I stand by my statements.

DeletedUser40495

@22prentwil most guilds you can hop don’t have access to Arcs. Period. Or if they do it’s very low lvl.
Maybe not in guild, but the guild members may have players on their friends list who help level their GBs (this is what I do, not because my guild doesn’t have arcs but because my guild only has a 1.8 thread and I want a higher rate than that).

And how many guilds advanced enough to have 1.8-1.9 threads are going to be open join?
I don’t disagree, but to say that a player (or that player’s guild) is benefiting from a 1.7 snipe when the player could simply ask a person on their friends list for 1.9 is just the opposite of true. And yes, there are some open join guilds with 1.9 threads (although I admit there aren’t many). I have been in one myself.

And if they have those threads and they're still open join, they deserve what they get.
I agree 100%, that’s why I avoid open join guilds. But that doesn’t mean sniping doesn’t cost that guilds members FP. That would be like saying that just because a person didn’t collect on time and deserved to be plundered, the plundering suddenly doesn’t have a negative effect.

Emberguard

If they have a position available for 1.7 snipe there’s a pretty good chance they don’t have deals going on.

Those using 1.9 would secure the position for 1.9 and any snipers would have no choice but to take at 1.9 or risk being sniped themselves

DeletedUser40495

Not necessarily true @Emberguard. If snipers zero in on someone when they open up a level of a GB right in it’s sweet spot, they would easily be able to snipe for less than 1.8 -1.9. Especially in the case of a small guild with only a few members with level 80 arcs (or a player that relies on their friends list for 1.9 support). It may take awhile for those spots to be taken by the 1.8 -1.9 sponsors, so it becomes an easy target for sniping. This is very common in smaller guilds (which most open join guilds are).

Emberguard

I said pretty good chance not absolute chance.

Besides you said those players were possibly organising outside the guild. If they’ve put in the effort to do so they can put in the effort to arrange when they’re both online to place

DeletedUser40495

Besides you said those players were possibly organising outside the guild. If they’ve put in the effort to do so they can put in the effort to arrange when they’re both online to place
It is almost impossible to try to get others online at an exact time, simply to give you a 1.9 contribution. It may work once, but nobody can be expected to bend their real life simply to give you FP at a particular time (unless they are really nice). Trust me, I’ve tried myself (although my sponsors are 1.85). I usually have to wait an hour or two before spots are taken. If my guild was open join, getting sniped would be a real issue.

Now if you have a large network of people it is more likely to find someone with a similar schedule, but out of the many people that help me out, none of them are always on at the same time every day.

Like I said, in an open join guild that would be an issue, and it is an issue for many (although I’m not denying that they deserve it for their choice of guilds).

- KQ -

It is almost impossible to try to get others online at an exact time, simply to give you a 1.9 contribution. It may work once, but nobody can be expected to bend their real life simply to give you FP at a particular time (unless they are really nice). Trust me, I’ve tried myself (although my sponsors are 1.85). I usually have to wait an hour or two before spots are taken. If my guild was open join, getting sniped would be a real issue.

Now if you have a large network of people it is more likely to find someone with a similar schedule, but out of the many people that help me out, none of them are always on at the same time every day.

Like I said, in an open join guild that would be an issue, and it is an issue for many (although I’m not denying that they deserve it for their choice of guilds).

I'm in a small guild. We arranged times well enough to get four other guildmates and a couple of friends to Level 80 with their Arcs by scheduling and had very few snipes. Difficult and frustrating at times, yes, but almost impossible, no.

DeletedUser40495

very few snipes.
But snipes nonetheless. The situation I described as “almost impossible” is having people online EVERY TIME to do the 1.8 - 1.9 drops, which would prevent all sniping whatsoever. For this reason I don’t know why you said:
Difficult and frustrating at times, yes, but almost impossible, no.
Your guild has certainly not accomplished the scenario I described if any sniping occurred, so why would you say something like that?

But other than that, I agree with you 100%. It IS absolutely possible to set up a scenario like I described, even outside of a guild. You just need some people who literally are on you beacon call to give you FP for little to no profit (depending on thread rate). As you can imagine, this is very difficult. Hence why I said “almost impossible”.

- KQ -

But snipes nonetheless. The situation I described as “almost impossible” is having people online EVERY TIME to do the 1.8 - 1.9 drops, which would prevent all sniping whatsoever. For this reason I don’t know why you said:

Your guild has certainly not accomplished the scenario I described if any sniping occurred, so why would you say something like that?

But other than that, I agree with you 100%. It IS absolutely possible to set up a scenario like I described, even outside of a guild. You just need some people who literally are on you beacon call to give you FP for little to no profit (depending on thread rate). As you can imagine, this is very difficult. Hence why I said “almost impossible”.

The snipes came when people accidentally unlocked an Arc too early or in one case opened two levels and one time when a sniper happened along at just the right time ~ it happens even when you think you've got all the bases covered. It's hard to put points on faster than a guy on a phone when you're on a PC.

The hard part is finding people willing to make the effort to make it work

Last edited:

- KQ -

I agree with Steph. More often then not a sniper is a good thing and helps everyone out. Only time it doesn’t is if you’ve organised 1.x and they lock in for less preventing you from getting 1.x in at all. Everyone in a swap group gains far more from snipers then any loss of rewards could ever provide

It took me longer than it should have to understand that not all sniping is bad and it took me a lot of frustration to get to that understanding.

Last edited: