• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What Do You Hate Most About FoE?

DeletedUser40061

May i also add another gripe... the cost keeps rising everytime you want to "buy" a diamond lot..from 200 and up..same with reward lots..foe has some high points like special incidents that give diamonds as well as side quests giving wonderful prizes.?and the downside, the cost of living is almost unbearable..everything costs more as you creep up in ages...i still consider myself a low maintenance player. And yes, iam continuing to grin and bear it.

DreadfulCadillac

May i also add another gripe... the cost keeps rising everytime you want to "buy" a diamond lot..from 200 and up..same with reward lots..foe has some high points like special incidents that give diamonds as well as side quests giving wonderful prizes.?and the downside, the cost of living is almost unbearable..everything costs more as you creep up in ages...i still consider myself a low maintenance player. And yes, iam continuing to grin and bear it.
i just havent bought any exspansions but the 200 diamond ones cause im bad at savin daimonds..LOL

DeletedUser39626

Leveling someone else's building.

This has been a problem forever. Inno should fix it. Maybe a box you can uncheck so the building won't auto level after the last FP is added.

DeletedUser38683

FoE messages. What an antiquated message system. Why can’t old parts of a message be deleted? Why doesn’t PM have priority over guild threads? How many times have you missed a PM because of all the guild chatter?

Why can’t there be an option in the Tavern to buy a friend request?

Why isn’t there a notification on the city when you’ve been attacked? If there is enough activity, the battles drop out of sight in the Town Hall activity.

DeletedUser40061

FoE messages. What an antiquated message system. Why can’t old parts of a message be deleted? Why doesn’t PM have priority over guild threads? How many times have you missed a PM because of all the guild chatter?

Why can’t there be an option in the Tavern to buy a friend request?

Why isn’t there a notification on the city when you’ve been attacked? If there is enough activity, the battles drop out of sight in the Town Hall activity.

i concur, there should be a way to address some things with the message center...

DeletedUser36572

What bugs me about the game ... Players that complain about the free Forge Points they receive when other players choose to put points on their Great Buildings for whatever reason.

Oh, and of course, a player being able to obtain later era Goods in order to build GBs such as The Arc. I mean, how incredibely unrealistic is that? A city that doesn't even have access to clean water, technologically speaking, and yet using Goods like Purified Water in order to build The Arc.

The practice of advanced societies trading resources with less advanced societies is not an uncommon practice on the Earth. It is pretty much a core economic principle of commerce and development to trade what you have, for what you want.

Brutusone

I've played FOE for a couple of years now, I can not remember a single time when I went to a new neighborhood and was not placed in the bottom half of the neighborhood. In the neighborhoods you are either a plunderer or a victim-always being placed in the bottom half you are almost always placed as a victim. It seems now I get rotated into a new neighborhood ever couple of weeks-just so I can play victim to a new set of plunderers.

DeletedUser36572

I've played FOE for a couple of years now, I can not remember a single time when I went to a new neighborhood and was not placed in the bottom half of the neighborhood. In the neighborhoods you are either a plunderer or a victim-always being placed in the bottom half you are almost always placed as a victim. It seems now I get rotated into a new neighborhood ever couple of weeks-just so I can play victim to a new set of plunderers.

I haven’t been playing for several years, but being plundered stings less when you plunder your neighbors, and gain more than you lost.

Emberguard

What methods are you using to counter or limit this?

Plunderers can never touch:
- Motivated buildings
- Auto Age up buildings (usually designated as All Ages in your inventory)
- Unfinished productions
- Great Buildings
- The Crows Nest

Brutusone

What methods are you using to counter or limit this?

Plunderers can never touch:
- Motivated buildings
- Auto Age up buildings (usually designated as All Ages in your inventory)
- Unfinished productions
- Great Buildings
- The Crows Nest
That doesn't really explain why I've never been in the upper half of a neighborhood-Also, If I was even close to my plunderer I would stand a chance against them; presently one is 430,000,000 pts ahead of me and the other is 280,000,000 pts-I mean this is ridiculous!!

Brutusone

I haven’t been playing for several years, but being plundered stings less when you plunder your neighbors, and gain more than you lost.
I don't want to plunder my neighbor-I would like to have some chance to defend myself-Presently my two neighborhood plunderers are 430 million and 280 million more points than I do-There is no defense when the difference is so great and you are always in the bottom of a neighborhood. Just by chance at least once I should be in the top five.

DeletedUser36572

I don't want to plunder my neighbor-I would like to have some chance to defend myself-Presently my two neighborhood plunderers are 430 million and 280 million more points than I do-There is no defense when the difference is so great and you are always in the bottom of a neighborhood. Just by chance at least once I should be in the top five.

If you are always at the bottom of your neighborhood ... That is a fair sign that you advanced in Age before your city was developed enough to properly handle the challenges your current neighborhood offers.

You keep talking about what other people have, and do ... When your problem may be more centered on what you don’t have, and didn’t do, before biting off more than your poor city can chew.

Bless it ... ;)

RazorbackPirate

The reason why you're always in the bottom half of your hood is you've been moving too fast through the tech tree and over half the available pool of neighbors to draw from for each rotation have more rank points than you. Those come primarily from building and leveling GBs and racking up fights, which takes time.

Visit those cities in the top 10 and see what they have that you don't and what you need to compete with them. Then throw it in park until you have a city that can compete. I used to be you, now I'm the other guy. Can't remember the last time I was not in the top 3 in my hood. This latest rotation put me #1 in both cities, about 1.2 million rank points higher than #2 in each hood.

As you can imagine, I rarely get attacked, even more rarely get plundered. If I get plundered, I retaliate and steal something back. It either end there, or we spend the next 2 weeks smacking each other around on the battlefield.

You can have what they have, you just need to do what they do.

"Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the ages last
Skipping past the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feeling groovy."

Brutusone

If you are always at the bottom of your neighborhood ... That is a fair sign that you advanced in Age before your city was developed enough to properly handle the challenges your current neighborhood offers.

You keep talking about what other people have, and do ... When your problem may be more centered on what you don’t have, and didn’t do, before biting off more than your poor city can chew.

Bless it ... ;)
Currently I have St Basil, Deal Castle and Terra Cotta Army that gives me a 94% attack boost-which is pretty good-but I'm being attacked by two neighbors that have 775% and 434% boost. There is nothing that I can do to fight against a 8 to one and nearly 5 to one difference. This also doesn't explain why I've never been in the top half of a neighborhood. Always being a victim is neither fun nor fair!!

Brutusone

The reason why you're always in the bottom half of your hood is you've been moving too fast through the tech tree and over half the available pool of neighbors to draw from for each rotation have more rank points than you. Those come primarily from building and leveling GBs and racking up fights, which takes time.

Visit those cities in the top 10 and see what they have that you don't and what you need to compete with them. Then throw it in park until you have a city that can compete. I used to be you, now I'm the other guy. Can't remember the last time I was not in the top 3 in my hood. This latest rotation put me #1 in both cities, about 1.2 million rank points higher than #2 in each hood.

As you can imagine, I rarely get attacked, even more rarely get plundered. If I get plundered, I retaliate and steal something back. It either end there, or we spend the next 2 weeks smacking each other around on the battlefield.

You can have what they have, you just need to do what they do.

"Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the ages last
Skipping past the cobblestones
Looking for fun and feeling groovy."
So what you are saying is that I'm so good; I do it to myself?!?! I'm sorry but by just dump luck I should be a least once in the top half of a neighborhood. Always being in the position of a victim is neither fun nor fair-Any way this debate was what I hate about FOE and this is it. I would like at least some chance to defend my city against attack and the current setup leaves me also the one being attacked!

DeletedUser36572

Currently I have St Basil, Deal Castle and Terra Cotta Army that gives me a 94% attack boost-which is pretty good-but I'm being attacked by two neighbors that have 775% and 434% boost. There is nothing that I can do to fight against a 8 to one and nearly 5 to one difference. This also doesn't explain why I've never been in the top half of a neighborhood. Always being a victim is neither fun nor fair!!

The reason you are always closer to the bottom ... Is because there are a lot more players in your current Age that have advanced their cities further than you have.

That’s your fault, not the game’s fault, or the fault of the other players.

Look at it this way, if you take a tricycle to the Indy 500, it doesn’t matter how adequate you believe your tricycle may be ... You’re going to end up a greasy spot in the first turn.

Pirate and Emberguard have given you good advice on how to address your shortcomings ... But you said you have played for years and the points your neighbors have doesn’t suggest you are in the Middle Ages.

Perhaps it is time you re-examine your entire approach towards the game.

Like Pirate mentioned ... Slow down and most likely struggle a bit while you catch up. I am pretty sure we have all done that at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brutusone

The reason you are always closer to the bottom ... Is because there are a lot more players in your current Age that have advanced their cities further than you have.

That’s your fault, not the game’s fault, or the fault of the other players.

Look at it this way, if you take a tricycle to the Indy 500, it doesn’t matter how adequate you believe your tricycle may be ... You’re going to end up a greasy spot in the first turn.

Pirate and Emberguard have given you good advice on how to address your shortcomings ... But you said you have played for years and the points your neighbors have doesn’t suggest you are in the Middle Ages.

Perhaps it is time you re-examine your entire approach towards the game.

Like Pirate mentioned ... Slow down and most likely struggle a bit while you catch up. I am pretty sure we have all done that at some point.
Your logic escapes me!!! First and foremost, this thread is "What do you hate most about FOE" It's not what I like about it, how much I enjoy the game, or how wonderfully created it is. That is not the thread we are in. This is a problem with how this game is designed for some players-not everyone-just some. Your advise is telling me to play the game poorly-don't advance well-don't play the game! I'm saying that this system as designed it is impossible to defend your city, no matter what you do, because the strength of your opponent is so much greater, makes this game less fun! My opponents have attacking bonus of 775% and 434% against my 94%-there is no defense for this. And, because I'm such a great player, I will be always in the victim category. Gee, I just don't know why but that is not fun! That is all I'm saying here.

RazorbackPirate

Your logic escapes me!!! First and foremost, this thread is "What do you hate most about FOE" It's not what I like about it, how much I enjoy the game, or how wonderfully created it is. That is not the thread we are in. This is a problem with how this game is designed for some players-not everyone-just some. Your advise is telling me to play the game poorly-don't advance well-don't play the game! I'm saying that this system as designed it is impossible to defend your city, no matter what you do, because the strength of your opponent is so much greater, makes this game less fun! My opponents have attacking bonus of 775% and 434% against my 94%-there is no defense for this. And, because I'm such a great player, I will be always in the victim category. Gee, I just don't know why but that is not fun! That is all I'm saying here.
Sorry, but someone who is a great player does not end up in the bottom half of the hood, every rotation. Poor players are the ones who end up there. I know you don't want to hear it, or even care to fix the issue you dislike, you just want to come here to complain about it. Ok, that's cool.

But if you want to fix the one issue you hate about FoE, it's possible. You just need to play the game to succeed, instead of the way you want to. If you want to continue to rush through the tech tree, you'll continue to hate this aspect of the game.

I have no defensive GBs, both of my cities have a defense of 90%. I almost never get attacked, I get plundered even less. I'm #1 in my hood in both cities.

Bottom half must suit you fine, you're clearly not interested in doing anything to end up in the top half of the hood, never mind the top 10, or even #1. Have fun with that.