• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What Do You Hate Most About FoE?

DeletedUser15377

Right at this moment, what I hate about it is the fact that it was dang near impossible to get a fully upgraded Asylum for free on the Halloween Event. And this Event has got to be the most resource-eating intensive one to date. I worked so hard to try and get the fully upgraded one in all my cities to only get to Level 8 on all of them except for one.

DeletedUser29726

Right at this moment, what I hate about it is the fact that it was dang near impossible to get a fully upgraded Asylum for free on the Halloween Event. And this Event has got to be the most resource-eating intensive one to date. I worked so hard to try and get the fully upgraded one in all my cities to only get to Level 8 on all of them except for one.

It was nowhere near impossible. This style of event does however leave plenty of room for people to mess it up (in which case it will be much less possible).

There's 3 things you needed to do to get a level 9 (this is the second time we've gotten this style of event, so it'd be worth remembering for next time one like this comes along):
- login daily (30 candy) and finish the main questline.
- only buy the largest tool package with your candy (the 395 candy one); it is ridiculous how much worse any other tool purchase is (average tool is 11 candy this way, and some of them are the better tools). you may occasionally buy an extra stick for 10 candy.
- use your tools efficiently. you're looking to maximize the number of darkened cobweb tiles you reveal per tool used, not clear or even reveal every single cobweb.

To make things even easier:
- you could get extra candy from incidents
- completing book questlines adds up even if you can't complete the whole book collection. I completed 27 of them on one world when I was bored one day. That's 1.5 extra tool packages.

DeletedUser

Pretty sure ignore doesn't effect friend requests, only the ability to send a (new) message.

What you could do is leave the friend request in the queue so it can't be re-sent
I tried to send a friend request to a player I had on ignore (senior moment) and the game wouldn't let me. So I would think it wouldn't let a player I'm ignoring send me a friend request, either.

BruteForceAttack

Pretty sure ignore doesn't effect friend requests, only the ability to send a (new) message.

What you could do is leave the friend request in the queue so it can't be re-sent

If someone has ignored you, you cannot send invite to them, need to check the other way around.

Edit: Verified, You get a message "You can't invite this player, because you added him to your ignore list"

"him"..lol new debate

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

Eek ... :eek: ... My Eyes.

Lol ... Going to have to get used to the bright lights in the updated version under the Settings Tab on the mobile phone.

grandmaster ubero

What i dislike most about FoE

1. Vikings Settlements.

No possibility to fight or negotiate for goods. Takes to long to finish. It was so bad many friends i know avoided it completely.
Thankfully after over half a year of doing same recurring task of buildings exactly same village over and over again (with almost no variability between each generation) with no fights, trades or puzzles its done, but it was incredibly boring even if you like repetitive task, the rewards short term are dreadful for most players and the long term one (Yggdrasil) is to far away to even think about when you start.

The 2nd settlement allow at least more variables with negotiations and faster completion each time and Egypt is planned to introduce even more functions such as removable annoying obstacles (personally they dont add anything interesting and should be scrapped entirely for Egypt and beyond).

2. Events Buildings "Power-Creep"

Per say, i don't generally dislike events, but the ever increasing "power creep" they have resulted in. Event buildings due to profit seeking have resulted in every event having ever more powerful event buildings making old ones redundant and thus in need of removed from people cities witch makes some regretting or considering the worth in spending diamonds on additional event grand buildings.

If you spend 50K diamonds on several event prizes and just 1 or 2 events later they are already weak compared to the new ones and replaced and deleted or sold in the A.D. why would someone continue to spend on extra grand prizes when they simply can just wait for even better ones and just get the 1 that is usually free in each event?

This is not a good idea. Age related buildings and even GE prizes now have become incredibly weak and often useless for all but the newest of players, the once mightiest of special buildings Terrace Farms and others are simply totally outmatched, so why even bother with getting anything but event buildings..forget production or goods buildings.

The game have resorted to a fetish focused almost entirely on events and a few GB's mainly Arc and a few others .

Also due to the numerous new additions, like A.D, D.C.'s and soon GBG on top of old GvG, GE, daily aid, donations, collections etc, these events take up more and more of players time due to an excessive amount of Quests and ever more complicated mechanics to attain rewards.

Less and shorter events with a roof on grand prize buildings output to stop event buildings "power creep" is in need!

Its hard decision but for to long term health of the balance of the game it needs to be introduced, imagine race cars with no restrictions on wings or engine power, how dangerous that would be?

Limitations should not result in less variation; just make sure the new events are balanced and give out rewards that are interesting and not worse or better than those from earlier events, maybe introduce new features to make new event buildings different but without just adding more FP just to make them a "must-have" to lure people to spend more diamonds. I would not recommend anyone to spend more until these unfair and poor "power-creep" direction is stopped, cause it is bad for the game and for the player, especially long term.

3. Recurring (Endless) Quests.

This was suppose to be a fighting and trade game and city building game. Endless quest are just abused by people with big GB's (mainly Arc and CdF) that adds no excitement or variability to the game and just waste a lot of time that could go into city development, guild activities, fighting instead.

They consume a ton of time and most will not have the time to do these anymore once GBG starts as it will consume a lot of peoples playtime time on top of all other already current game areas such as GvG, DC's, A.D, GE, events (ever increasing) and general activities such as guild stuff and aiding and taverns.

Also they are becoming ever more excessive; why are these recurring Quest needed when we have constant events with their own quests every day and also DC's that have quest every day, they are not needed anymore and should be removed from the game, keep the bonus quest and age related stuff like the story mode quest they are fun and do end at some point and cant be abused either.

-----

Please comment if you agree and / or disagree with these opinions, and also add why you disagree or agree to make your point more valid and clear.
Thanks!

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

What do you hate the most about FoE?

Player 1: “OMG You A******!!! You sniped my Arc, knocked other players down in position, and owe some people for what they lost.”

Player 2: “That’s not how you say ‘Thank You’ for the 450 free Forge Points I put on your Arc.”

Player 1: “F*** Y** A******”

What the heck is wrong with these people ... o_O

DeletedUser41794

I totally agree! This was the most expensive Event in my 4 years in this game. I’m really glad it’s over! Hopefully the next one, or several, won’t break the bank like this one. There’s a limit that says ‘I just can’t play this game any more!’

DeletedUser41794

The time it takes to load goods when negotiating in the GE. The ‘floating’ feature is such an unnecessary time suck! There are instances where I’ve had goods ‘float’ for almost a minute, which is untennable in a game where time in play is important!

DeletedUser29726

The time it takes to load goods when negotiating in the GE. The ‘floating’ feature is such an unnecessary time suck! There are instances where I’ve had goods ‘float’ for almost a minute, which is untennable in a game where time in play is important!

That's a connection issue. The goods floating is waiting for a response from server (if your client knew the goods needed it'd be possible to hack/cheat). If it takes longer than a few seconds, there's a connectivity issue between you and the server (and this game is pretty bad for that - I had a problematic router that had no issues with anything but FoE).

Lannister the Rich

If someone has ignored you, you cannot send invite to them, need to check the other way around.

Edit: Verified, You get a message "You can't invite this player, because you added him to your ignore list"

"him"..lol new debate
Yes, but you cannot ignore someone unless they have sent you a message. The option only appears in the messenger as far as I could tell.

DeletedUser40926

This one is easy. The new feature implemented within negotiations. I see the potential/reasoning behind if. But I despise it Used to be straight forward but now it’s confusing when *extra* items pop up for each selection.

———-
From now on, resources that you have already tried towards a specific character will also be shown as grey, thus avoiding unnecessary spending in a negotiation (this should also be available on browser version in the next update - 1.168):

DeletedUser38368

This one is easy. The new feature implemented within negotiations. I see the potential/reasoning behind if. But I despise it Used to be straight forward but now it’s confusing when *extra* items pop up for each selection.

———-
From now on, resources that you have already tried towards a specific character will also be shown as grey, thus avoiding unnecessary spending in a negotiation (this should also be available on browser version in the next update - 1.168):
Yes! I hate that! I'm slowly getting used to the new system but I was already fine with the old one.

As for me, the only thing I hate about the game is people who don't aid. I can manage just about every other issue within the game but I can't force people to aid me.