• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What Do You Hate Most About FoE?

i think gb's are ruining the strategy aspect of the game. when you can spam OP buildings, why bother with ordinary buildings... cash grabs in exchange for power creeped godmode buildings removes the element of choice and strategy.

RazorbackPirate

i think gb's are ruining the strategy aspect of the game. when you can spam OP buildings, why bother with ordinary buildings... cash grabs in exchange for power creeped godmode buildings removes the element of choice and strategy.
Understanding the benefits of each GB, prioritizing which ones to build when, and how high to level them to support your play style is a critical part of the strategy. For someone who doesn't yet know how to play the game, you sure have a lot of opinions about all the things that are wrong with the game. Biggest thing wrong with the game? Players who don't know how to play.

DeletedUser34893

My latest complaint is the continent map which constantly blinks when you can fight/negotiate for mars goods. A one time reminder is cool like with messages and inventory but non-stop until you finish all your fights? Alright! I'll get to the Mars goods when I feel like it since I already have so many and no use for them!!!

DeletedUser36572

Strategic acquisition of Great Buildings is part of the overall strategy.

Edit:
If an inexperienced player is in, or near, Colonial Age with nothing more than an Oracle of Delphi, and is frustrated with the fact it doesn’t matter how much money they spend on Expansion (or whatever) ... And they still cannot make it through the first level of Guild Expeditions, or don’t have the Goods necessary to unlock the following levels ... There’s a reason why, and it is because they failed to provide their city with the proper support.

It doesn’t matter what is desired ... The desire to make the lowest common denominator comfortable, is nothing more than the pursuit of mediocrity at best ... And there will always be players with the wherewithal necessary to innovate and adapt in a manner where they can use the common conditions of any process to suit their particular design, and eventually reign superior over others in the same condition.

It’s Your Empire
And If You Think It Sucks
Fire The One In Charge

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranyar the Mysterious

6000 ranking points, 34 battles, and no great buildings. You can think that all you want, but you obviously don't even have a clue to get a clue.

I have to pick two things.

I don't like aiding everyone. Doing it on a computer just gives me carpal tunnel after a while haha. I laugh but I'm actually curious if I do have the beginnings of arthritis sometimes, because this happens when I'm on the computer too long too. I guess its the repeated action? After doing my friends list and guild mates my hand usually hurts so I don't always even do my neighborhood. I've finally realized I should just do it on mobile every time, its much easier.

Also, the negotiations. I HATE them. Even in one world I'm a goods producer but I hate wasting so many goods for those stupid things. I miss 2014 when these weren't a part of the game. Now that I've come back this is probably the thing that frustrates me the most.

DeletedUser25875

I really dislike that forge puts 50 million plus point players with 3 million point players in the same Hood! Not caring if they are same era of not, I spend the whole time and most of my resources trying to defend my city to no avail by the way, instead of helping my guild and building my city up. I've been playing for awhile and I for one am getting tired of it.

DeletedUser25875

Why am I posted as a new member when I have been playing Forge for over 4 years!!!???

RazorbackPirate

I really dislike that forge puts 50 million plus point players with 3 million point players in the same Hood! Not caring if they are same era of not, I spend the whole time and most of my resources trying to defend my city to no avail by the way, instead of helping my guild and building my city up. I've been playing for awhile and I for one am getting tired of it.
You could easily be one of those 50 million point players if you choose to be. Instead, you've continued to push the tech tree, while the others have not. You have the same opportunities as they do, but instead choose to complain about how another plays their game. It's not their fault, you've chosen to play the way you have, it's not their fault your choices have made you an easy target.
Why am I posted as a new member when I have been playing Forge for over 4 years!!!???
Because you are new to the forum. Your forum rank of new member derives from your number of forum posts, not how long you've played the game.

DeletedUser42532

I'm sure the game would be much more fun if they could cut down on the number of clicks

The Lady Redneck

OK. Am going to go totally opposite to what the thread asks. OK the game is not perfect BUT....What are the things I love about the game. Mainly the fact that WE are in control of what strategies we use within the game to create and grow our cities. For the most part we are only bound by the ties we choose for ourselves (guild loyalty for example) INNO does NOT do everything for us like some idiot dotting parent pandering to their little darlings latest must have. They leave us to go get what we want as we see fit. If some wanna be spoilt brat does not like what we do... Tough... that is there problem..they are at liberty to work out a strategy for themselves to beat us.

DeletedUser30815

I’m with the group on mouse clicks. Would like to find a silent mouse. Usually play on mobile, except for when new event/game development is released on Beta, then I’m back to click click click (rapid machine gun style). LOL