• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What Do You Hate Most About FoE?

DeletedUser36572

I really dislike that forge puts 50 million plus point players with 3 million point players in the same Hood! Not caring if they are same era of not, I spend the whole time and most of my resources trying to defend my city to no avail by the way, instead of helping my guild and building my city up. I've been playing for awhile and I for one am getting tired of it.

Forge of Empires is a Strategy Game.
If you keep finding yourself in impossible situations, you have failed to arrive at an adequate strategy for success.

You Can Play The Way You Want
But No One Else Is Required To Play Your Way

DeletedUser25875

Forge of Empires is a Strategy Game.
If you keep finding yourself in impossible situations, you have failed to arrive at an adequate strategy for success.

You Can Play The Way You Want
But No One Else Is Required To Play Your Way

As far as rushing thru Tech to advance, that is just crap and an excuse for higher level players to use lower level players as their personal one stop shop. I had been in CE for over a year before I aged up to TE.. I'm a farmer not a fighter and have been busy leveling my A@D GBs as fast as I can. I could do that for another 4 years and still never compete with someone that has over 50 million points and buys everything thing,..but once again, I never get any real advice..just bullies trying to put me down..

DeletedUser36572

As far as rushing thru Tech to advance, that is just crap and an excuse for higher level players to use lower level players as their personal one stop shop. I had been in CE for over a year before I aged up to TE.. I'm a farmer not a fighter and have been busy leveling my A@D GBs as fast as I can. I could do that for another 4 years and still never compete with someone that has over 50 million points and buys everything thing,..but once again, I never get any real advice..just bullies trying to put me down..

What I posted was ... “you have failed to arrive at an adequate strategy for success.”

Telling me what you do, what you want, what you expect, how you would like things to be, and why you think they should be that way ... Still won’t change the fact you have failed to arrive at an adequate strategy to ensure your success.

It’s Your Fault

Edit:
Not rushing the tech tree, or advancing in Age, before you are prepared to handle your neighbors, mount an effective offense/defense, and mitigate your losses to an extent they don’t result in catastrophic failure ... Is an effective strategy.

Expecting other players to disregard their superior strategic advantage, they have invested time, effort and resources in, so you can do whatever you want on your terms ... Is a fundamentally flawed strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

The real problem is that the game doesn't do a great job of providing incentives to level up.

The biggest benefit to leveling up are more expansions and that's about it. And as one progresses through the game, new features tend to become annoying rather than fun and challenging. So PE has two lane roads which complicate city design, ME has refined goods which complicate goods production, TE has, well I don't know what it has but everyone hates the age, AF has Promethium which is time consuming and slows advancement, and OF adds Orichalcum to that mix. While that's going on, GE combat gets more difficult and guild goods aren't used in GvG from AF onwards, though maybe GBG is addressing that problem. Meanwhile, a camper can sit in an age especially a popular age like HMA, CA, or CE and just build up GBs and stockpile resources instead of moving up to a new age.

DeletedUser39145

Does anybody else loathe the auction process as much as I do at the antique dealer?! The way it works now is that you have to click the dealer to "start" a new auction, then you have to wait almost 2 hours and come back and go into a bidding war with another player which can take 10 minutes or longer. First of all, why must we have to set an alarm for ourselves to come back at the end of the auction? (Which usually ends in me being outbid anyway) Secondly, why would we even bother to bid early when someone can just come along anytime before it ends and outbid us by 1 coin?

This would work much better, and probably in inno's favor, to have an ebay style auction, where we just put in our max bid. We can always come back later and increase it.

The Lady Redneck

I am missing something, Or am playing the game wrong?.

I have been playing the game for around 6 years. For the first 4 I flatly refused to spend a single cent on buying diamonds. Since then I have probably bought the $19.99 diamond pack about 5 or 6 times. Back before the game got so busy with all the extra stuff it has now you could just about have a city in every world and still have time for RL. I have been a farmer, fighter, trader and Guild Nomad. Now I am down to 6 worlds plus Beta with cities between Iron age and Future. Yes I have been attacked, plundered, had spots on GBs sniped by players who have put more time, effort and/or cash into it. Some have been real bully boy types. But I have also attacked. plundered and sniped GBs. Never has any of it got to the stage where I considered it to be ruining the game or had me thinking about chucking it in. I have made a lot of really good friends and 2 bad enemies LOL. and laughed and grumbled with a lot of players over game issues, strategies etc. But in all those years have I never heard anyone want to give up on the game, or get their knickers in such a twist over things that are part and parcel of this kind of game, as I am hearing now. And demanding that "They" (INNO) rewrite the whole thing to make it easy and have inbuilt safeguards to stop the game being the kind of game it is designed to be.

In a real life situation, if an army is moving through an area, they send raiding parties. into towns. villages and farms. plundering and sniping is the same thing. They do not say we are bigger and stronger than that farmer so we will not steal his chickens. At one time farmers would have a hidden store and place to hide stock. They learned to survive and still prosper. I was under the impression that that is what we did in the game also.

If I had want a game where I could build a pretty farm in complete safety, with some easy side games to get extra prizes. I would not have chosen FoE.

I dislike the constant demand for diamonds. The gold coins are claimed to be an important currency in the game, but that's a joke. Everywhere you turn it's "buy diamonds". I understand inno is in business to make money, but does it have to be so in your face constantly? Diamonds are the real currency and there should be a lot more ways to earn them in the game. Just my two cents.

UBERhelp1

I dislike the constant demand for diamonds. The gold coins are claimed to be an important currency in the game, but that's a joke. Everywhere you turn it's "buy diamonds". I understand inno is in business to make money, but does it have to be so in your face constantly? Diamonds are the real currency and there should be a lot more ways to earn them in the game. Just my two cents.
If you complete GE64 regularly, you get a pretty good supply of diamonds, or you could make a diamond farm. However, the only thing you need instead of diamonds is patience.

To take one out of BlackSand's book,

FP's are king

Super Catanian

If you complete GE64 regularly, you get a pretty good supply of diamonds, or you could make a diamond farm. However, the only thing you need instead of diamonds is patience.

To take one out of BlackSand's book,

FP's are king
There was a quote by RP that's also similiar to a quote from Graviton...

In FoE, pacience is a virtue. The counter to patience is diamonds.

Emberguard

You don’t need diamonds. But if you want them there’s GE, GBG and Himeji castle

Given there’s not much to actually spend diamonds on it makes sense that they’re not readily available everywhere. The main uses of diamonds are basically expansions and extra event buildings

WinnerGR

Withputt it Inno would have no money andi .

DeletedUser37020

Not a big fan of the "Complete X amount of {timed} productions" for quests. Gets to be a bit much with several cities. I understand quests are voluntary, and the speed boosts certainly help to a degree, just answering the forum question.

Iroh the Tea Maker

The community. I find this to be the snarkiest, most unhelpful and beginner unfriendly community. It's probably that the game is streamlined that way, with every player competing against each other one way or the other. And I started playing this game only in Jan 2020 (totally loved the game the first two months).

And this is not just this forum (look at the poster above me, "it's just a game so I can be a dick to others" attitude is so pervasive. Who knew people could have emotions attached to the things they build and play with) and this is literally my second post on these forums. I use it exclusively to lurk and learn and even then every thread is rife with snarky unhelpful power players.

Useful feedback is often met with "that's not how you are supposed to play" bs. Or "it's a free game be grateful" grandpas.

Most of my positive interactions in game has been with beginners and I guess it makes sense.

DevaCat

The community. I find this to be the snarkiest, most unhelpful and beginner unfriendly community. It's probably that the game is streamlined that way, with every player competing against each other one way or the other. And I started playing this game only in Jan 2020 (totally loved the game the first two months).

And this is not just this forum (look at the poster above me, "it's just a game so I can be a dick to others" attitude is so pervasive. Who knew people could have emotions attached to the things they build and play with) and this is literally my second post on these forums. I use it exclusively to lurk and learn and even then every thread is rife with snarky unhelpful power players.

Useful feedback is often met with "that's not how you are supposed to play" bs. Or "it's a free game be grateful" grandpas.

Most of my positive interactions in game has been with beginners and I guess it makes sense.
Glad to see you're having fun! :cool: