• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What Do You Hate Most About FoE?

DreadfulCadillac

I mean... this guy's got a point...

@rajavno1, the forums aren't necessarily the best place to find contrary proof... it's certainly available; it's seeing past the bullshit to the critical message(s), right? Beginners often overlook the answers they seek & then double down by being argumentative w players who've learned via the long game... an example: keeping event buildings from lower Ages in your city... many beginners (myself included) cannot & will not see the value in this advice... & will argue against it...

When you extrapolate the # of recurrences a question has been asked, answered & then argued, it may be easier to understand the "snarky" responses... & then you have players who seem to be brand new to the game providing advice that's contrary to any long-term approach... but, that begets more arguing & debate... that's only really understood when you get there, wherever your strategy takes you...

It's kind of like trauma. You don't really understand the impact until you've lived it... when you have, you understand it in a way that can't be explained, right? Not to be extreme, but that's kind of this game... the strategies employed (& there are many from which to choose) can take years to learn & establish & until you do, having people tell you what/how/why doesn't always make sense...

Anyway, that's probably enough for the soapbox. Welcome to the game. I'm not the most helpful player... I figure it's your game to play & I'm not here to tell you how... but, feel free to @ me whenever. I'll tell you what I see & let you take it from there.
I just learned about that event building thing a couple weeks ago, and while its to late now, once i move ro modern era(eventually, no time soon) ill keep some of the goods producing special buildings in PE so i can get previous age goods!

Lord Hamilton

Wow, that was a interesting read, and i did learn some tricks of the trade as you might say. But i guess the one thing i did see is that ("Lucky or Unlucky) for me i have not played long enough to really have any complaintes, well maybe one, no wait 2 actually a few, but not complaints more of questions to things i dont understand so i'll just ask here if you dont mind.
1. this game has it's oun launguage and some of you sound like computer programmers FoE,GB 1.9 etc yes i understand the first 2 Forge of Empires' and Great Building's but the 1.9 people ?????and many other's to far back in this thread to find now
2. i am in the High Middle Ages and am having alot of trouble with battles i am using the newest available armys but still get my butt kicked to the point it's just not fun at all (against computer not pvp).

I guess thats enough for now dont want to misuse this thread any more then i already have
P.S. Top half of hood? or bottom half? o boy there is a learning curve here. thanks for any help you can give

DreadfulCadillac

Wow, that was a interesting read, and i did learn some tricks of the trade as you might say. But i guess the one thing i did see is that ("Lucky or Unlucky) for me i have not played long enough to really have any complaintes, well maybe one, no wait 2 actually a few, but not complaints more of questions to things i dont understand so i'll just ask here if you dont mind.
1. this game has it's oun launguage and some of you sound like computer programmers FoE,GB 1.9 etc yes i understand the first 2 Forge of Empires' and Great Building's but the 1.9 people ?????and many other's to far back in this thread to find now
2. i am in the High Middle Ages and am having alot of trouble with battles i am using the newest available armys but still get my butt kicked to the point it's just not fun at all (against computer not pvp).

I guess thats enough for now dont want to misuse this thread any more then i already have
P.S. Top half of hood? or bottom half? o boy there is a learning curve here. thanks for any help you can give
Hi, thanks for the questions, I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.
#1. 1.9 refers to a lvl 80 arc contribution Boost of 90%.It boost the base reward of any GB position you take by 90%, so you multiply the base reward by 1.9% to get the total amount. These threads are popular, because it enables people to level up their buildings very fast and efficiently. If there are any other spcefic abbreviations you have trouble with, I can try to help.
#2. Every battle in this game is against computer, there is no true pvp. I would suggest raising your attack boost through gb's like Cathedral of aachen (COA), Statue of zeus (zeus) , and Castel del monte (CDM) .

The Lady Redneck

Hi Adam welcome to the forums. first read through them. pick out what helps you. Do not get upset by some of the banter. As to "Hoods" That is short for neighborhood. Every couple of weeks the system changes the neighborhood you are in. Sometimes there is very little change sometimes a lot. Your position in that hood will depends on the points you have gained over the previous 2 weeks. So you may end up near the top of your new hood, about the middle or near the bottom.

Also if you have not been playing for very long and are already in HMA. You NEED to slow down. Do not go up any further in ages until you acquire and build up the GBs needed to strengthen your troops and make your city strong and productive. This is not a game that was designed to have a beginning or an end. It is continually evolving. So the greatest tool you can bring to it to help your gameplay is patience. Patience to study the game, build up your goods inventory, set up your friends list to get the most out of it. Find the right guild for you with other active players and an experienced founder and leadership team. That is where you will find the help and advice you need to grow.

swordwielder1

I dislike the time it takes to build everything, obtain your goods, coins, supplies, forge points, silver, researching then paying to unlock and paying again to place an item. And when you battle it takes 5 minutes or less to lose a unit you spent supplies, gold, and over an hour to train.

Emberguard

@swordwielder1 train multiples of your units both attached and unattached. When they get wounded rotate them out. Let them heal instead of fighting until they die. This’ll retain units while you retrain the units that died

1 hr sounds like Bronze Age. If you want something fast, the spearman barracks takes 20 seconds and can be used in Iron Age as well ;) after that yeah you’ll take time to train new units

WinnerGR

I dislike the time it takes to build everything, obtain your goods, coins, supplies, forge points, silver, researching then paying to unlock and paying again to place an item. And when you battle it takes 5 minutes or less to lose a unit you spent supplies, gold, and over an hour to train.
The game is designed to be played over a very long period of time.

The Lady Redneck

Welcome Swordweilder :) I seem to be saying this a lot recently. But this is a game of Patience. It has no real beginning and is still evolving. It is not something that you start at the beginning and rush to get to the end. Whilst you are learning the basics get a good guild with experienced leaders. And explore everything the game has so that when you are ready you can embrace more of it.

Lord Hamilton

Hi Adam welcome to the forums. first read through them. pick out what helps you. Do not get upset by some of the banter. As to "Hoods" That is short for neighborhood. Every couple of weeks the system changes the neighborhood you are in. Sometimes there is very little change sometimes a lot. Your position in that hood will depends on the points you have gained over the previous 2 weeks. So you may end up near the top of your new hood, about the middle or near the bottom.

Also if you have not been playing for very long and are already in HMA. You NEED to slow down. Do not go up any further in ages until you acquire and build up the GBs needed to strengthen your troops and make your city strong and productive. This is not a game that was designed to have a beginning or an end. It is continually evolving. So the greatest tool you can bring to it to help your gameplay is patience. Patience to study the game, build up your goods inventory, set up your friends list to get the most out of it. Find the right guild for you with other active players and an experienced founder and leadership team. That is where you will find the help and advice you need to grow.

Lord Hamilton

Thank you for all the info i will use it, yes i believe i have a good guide top 100 anyway just joined yesterday other guide was inactive i will slow down game play i figured that out yesterday. thanks again.

Lord Hamilton

Hi, thanks for the questions, I will try to answer them to the best of my ability.
#1. 1.9 refers to a lvl 80 arc contribution Boost of 90%.It boost the base reward of any GB position you take by 90%, so you multiply the base reward by 1.9% to get the total amount. These threads are popular, because it enables people to level up their buildings very fast and efficiently. If there are any other spcefic abbreviations you have trouble with, I can try to help.
#2. Every battle in this game is against computer, there is no true pvp. I would suggest raising your attack boost through gb's like Cathedral of aachen (COA), Statue of zeus (zeus) , and Castel del monte (CDM) .

MJ Artisan of War

I dislike the 140 limit on Friends.

Doesn't support my plan of "Fill the Friends Tavern Multiple Times per Session" enough. I would feel better with more Friends or shorter lock out times from visiting someones Friends Tavern...

OutlawDon

dont pounce on me but..when you buy expansion lots with diamonds for example, it should stay at 200 a piece instead of 200. 400 etc. and the app for mobile should be reduced in size. currently it is 812MB...may not seem like much

yes it is a wargame, but i also beleive in mutaul understanding between rival parties. why cant me and the other rival come together as one. stop the attacking. help each other out by leveling GBs. both parties can reap the rewards. i always try find a resolvement that doesnt involve disputes. just like my views on conflicting countries in the real world. war doesnt do anything except make things worse. those countries rather settle indifferences and do war, kill each other etc. lay down your arms and shake hands..or high fives all around. -*stepping down from my soap box
I like to trade if possible rather than fight. But people who enjoy fighting should be able to play that way if they want to, I think. But I feel strongly that it seems more fun if people don't try to leap ahead by spending diamonds. It's not a game if you buy your way through it. Price for expansion lots seems about right.

OutlawDon

Your logic escapes me!!! First and foremost, this thread is "What do you hate most about FOE" It's not what I like about it, how much I enjoy the game, or how wonderfully created it is. That is not the thread we are in. This is a problem with how this game is designed for some players-not everyone-just some. Your advise is telling me to play the game poorly-don't advance well-don't play the game! I'm saying that this system as designed it is impossible to defend your city, no matter what you do, because the strength of your opponent is so much greater, makes this game less fun! My opponents have attacking bonus of 775% and 434% against my 94%-there is no defense for this. And, because I'm such a great player, I will be always in the victim category. Gee, I just don't know why but that is not fun! That is all I'm saying here.
You mention your attack boost but you don't talk about your defense boost. Attack boosts don't help you when what you need is better defense. Even strong players might choose not to attack you if they get a black eye every time. Also you can send them a friend request. You might be more useful as a friend than as a victim.

OutlawDon

So your advice is that I should just quit playing the game??????? Dismantle my city, leave my guild (since I won't be any help to them anyway-because anything I do in the guild will increase my point total) and come back in a year or two. Please tell me you don't work as a counselor somewhere?!?!
You weren't listening to what he said. He gave you a good tip, not to advance too fast through ages when your defenses are weak.

The Lady Redneck

But I feel strongly that it seems more fun if people don't try to leap ahead by spending diamonds. It's not a game if you buy your way through it
But if no-one buys diamonds there would be no game for us to play. INNO GAMES need to make a profit to enable them to go on developing the game. So I see no problem with DPs getting extra in the game. They are the ones who enable me to play for free.