• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What Do You Hate Most About FoE?

I dislike the fact that event buildings make the standard buildings obsolete to the point where you only use the standard buildings if you can't get an event building to take its place. I'd say the biggest offender is the Rouge Hideout because using 7 of them and 1 regular unit is the meta for late game fighting.

DeletedUser42576

What I dislike is when I have an ex or what not who plays the game and he befriends me and all this and to be really nice about stuff he and others add me to swap threads and all, and then one of them promises a trade but they were not friends with me before hand so I sent a friend request after deleting some people (when you get to 80 people you can't add more without deleting some one) and so as soon as I friend him he gives the trade to someone else and they planned it that way, so I may quit playing this game, and to get some "revenge". Men just need to grow the heck up. The game is a game, I am just playing it like you are and here you are having a fit because this relationship is over, and it does not need to be in game play or apart of the thinking or strat behind the game, and here you are running trade threads and not even someone's friend and then they have to add you and you give the trade to someone else, not even knowing how the game is played... it's really immature playing with people's heads this way. So then you just hit the block button and leave that conversation forever but it could have been really easy and a good way to play..but no dhead's had to act like children.

Note: if you are not truly serious about trading goods, or fp's on GB and motivate and polish and all this don't request me to be your "friend", just so hope you can feel a wicked little thrill through your child like form when you try and screw up my day by putting a black mark on the game. It's really bad sportsmanship and you will ruin no one's day but yours.

I got something alright, "peace of mind", and I am not leaving forge of empires.

UBERhelp1

What I dislike is when I have an ex or what not who plays the game and he befriends me and all this and to be really nice about stuff he and others add me to swap threads and all, and then one of them promises a trade but they were not friends with me before hand so I sent a friend request after deleting some people (when you get to 80 people you can't add more without deleting some one) and so as soon as I friend him he gives the trade to someone else and they planned it that way, so I may quit playing this game, and to get some "revenge". Men just need to grow the heck up. The game is a game, I am just playing it like you are and here you are having a fit because this relationship is over, and it does not need to be in game play or apart of the thinking or strat behind the game, and here you are running trade threads and not even someone's friend and then they have to add you and you give the trade to someone else, not even knowing how the game is played... it's really immature playing with people's heads this way. So then you just hit the block button and leave that conversation forever but it could have been really easy and a good way to play..but no dhead's had to act like children.

Note: if you are not truly serious about trading goods, or fp's on GB and motivate and polish and all this don't request me to be your "friend", just so hope you can feel a wicked little thrill through your child like form when you try and screw up my day by putting a black mark on the game. It's really bad sportsmanship and you will ruin no one's day but yours.

I got something alright, "peace of mind", and I am not leaving forge of empires.
So... because you weren't able to get one trade because someone else took it (most likely a hoodie of the person offering the trade...) it was planned and immature?

Kranyar the Mysterious

I hate that GBG is so often. It is sucking all of the fun out of the game. Why not just once per month, and then get 2 weeks off. This is supposed to be a fun game, and it's more like work now.
Sounds like you might be doing more than you can handle? My guilds are having a blast, so I'm not sure what part is sucking the fun out for you.

hi606

click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click,
no, the internet is not back on

hi606

If your citizens can all live in a bright, shiny Tower of Babel (or replace with GB of your choice), and go to services at the Cathedral of Aachen (or replace with GB of your choice) ... Then worrying about city defense becomes an afterthought.

I feel sorry for your poor citizens living in squalor, and under constant threat of plundering ... Worse, you think that’s what they deserve.

Edit:
I know I really could improve morale and help property values if I tore down the Abandoned Asylum on the edge of my city ... But my citizens are generally ecstatic, and damnit, I don’t know what they are cooking in that place, but it makes me a nice pile of goodies.

The tower of babael was used as a ladder to get to god... God "balbeled" their speech, which caused them to have different languages. Also GBing is boring dont wooosh me

DeletedUser29933

I'm not a fan of the Antique Dealer. could always "sell' excess inventory by building then deleting items to keep unwanted items out of view but to offer up high value event prizes does the game a disservice imo. Events used to be tough, would sometimes force age advancing depending on how much tech was left. Had to make hard choices with long term strategic implications and if you didn't get it this year you planned better to try and nail it next year. Now it seems everything is just being made easier. not necessarily an improvement to game play although there has been a good deal of it, the lure of the game was the difficulty, planning and thought required instead of just another click bait time waster.

Original dev team was really onto something...then it got...diluted. Find myself with years of time and the occasional credit card hit invested wondering if i'm still playing because the game interests me or because of the people i've grown accustomed to sharing time with.

DeletedUser36572

The tower of babael was used as a ladder to get to god... God "balbeled" their speech, which caused them to have different languages. Also GBing is boring dont wooosh me

My Tower of Babel safely houses citizens that produces Goods daily. Goods I use on Expeditions, in Battlegrounds, in Events, completing Challenges and trading with my friends, neighbors and guildmembers.

I have to agree you after reading your somewhat useless description of your Tower of Babel ... You are boring, not to suggest that would be the extent of your shortcomings.

hi606

These stupid boost make the game boring and uninteresting. Its like beating the ender dragon with commands. The "feel" of the game is lost, and its way too easy. I don't know how people can live in a ladder... especially an unfinished ladder that was destroyed years ago.

DeletedUser27808

* By most, I mean choose the ONE thing you hate, disagree with, or find unappealing about the game. If you do answer, give a good argument about why you believe that way, and how you feel it impacts you and the game.

* I'd also prefer well thought-out answers. Don't respond instinctively, but think on it a little and be sure that the thing you mention is the thing that you disagree with the most. Play a little more so that you may run into the situation that really peeves you.

For me, I dislike the lack of variety in combat. I don't the fact that there is no combat in Cultural Settlements- which makes that part of the game a cycling SIM game. I realize that many of FoE's functions are the same elements rearranged. For instance, Daily Challenges, events, Quests are basically a scattering of the same things. You're not really doing anything different, you are just getting different things. The only difference with combat is the bonuses. (I've suggested throwing in unique abilities for the enemy troops to spice things up. Another less interesting way would be to throw next age units into the line-up every once in a while). I would also MUCH, MUCH rather have to skillfully navigate my way through ten difficult battles than to auto 80 battles. I feel like the engagement in the fight- the risk and the uncertainty- are far more rewarding. I would also suggest reactive enemies- meaning that on some difficulties the enemies will scale with your own ability so that you cannot auto throw them. This might be achieved by a unique battle scenario - CIVIL WAR- where you fight an enemy that has your buffs.
I do not like that they keep reducing rewards on everything to force us into buying diamonds. We sure do not get them from the GE as we once did. If Inno needs the money as with any other game they should do one or both of the following things: 1) do some ads as the game is loading or 2) offer premium version of the game for like $5.99 or slightly higher that gives an automatic payment of diamonds each month and slightly higher reward percentages to premium players. We do not win BP's, FP's, medals or diamonds as we once did 4 years ago.

DeletedUser

I do not like that they keep reducing rewards on everything to force us into buying diamonds. We sure do not get them from the GE as we once did. If Inno needs the money as with any other game they should do one or both of the following things: 1) do some ads as the game is loading or 2) offer premium version of the game for like $5.99 or slightly higher that gives an automatic payment of diamonds each month and slightly higher reward percentages to premium players. We do not win BP's, FP's, medals or diamonds as we once did 4 years ago.
You're kidding, right? I get exponentially more of all those things now than I did 4 years ago. And your two suggestions are incredibly bad. If they did ads as the game was loading, I would quit playing. I've done it before with other games. And the second one is even worse. The whining about the advantages the premium players would get would be deafening. And $5.99 is a drop in the bucket to what some players already spend on this game. You'd actually be reducing revenue with that idea. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser42576

I'm not a fan of the Antique Dealer. could always "sell' excess inventory by building then deleting items to keep unwanted items out of view but to offer up high value event prizes does the game a disservice imo. Events used to be tough, would sometimes force age advancing depending on how much tech was left. Had to make hard choices with long term strategic implications and if you didn't get it this year you planned better to try and nail it next year. Now it seems everything is just being made easier. not necessarily an improvement to game play although there has been a good deal of it, the lure of the game was the difficulty, planning and thought required instead of just another click bait time waster.

Original dev team was really onto something...then it got...diluted. Find myself with years of time and the occasional credit card hit invested wondering if i'm still playing because the game interests me or because of the people i've grown accustomed to sharing time with.

I love the antique dealer but I also played before there was one, but the AD was added to help players get buildings or what not that may not be in quests anymore, plus you can buy them with the coins, and say if you really don't want a train well you could get rid of it at the AD. I know the train had bonuses and things but still, I did not want a train.

DeletedUser9306

click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click, click. click-click, click-click, click-click, click, click-click, click-click,
This is the worst part of the game... I believe the game Dev's have stock in a drug company that sells medication for carpal tunnel.
and with the GBG the game is slower to respond so it is now:
Click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, get something to drink, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, click, wait, sleep.