• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

what FOE has become (and why I am getting tired of playing)

DeletedUser3135

I sincerely hope that I am not the only one that feels this way but even if I am I do want to let my feelings known

Ive been playing Foe for a long time now (at least 2 years) and yeah the game is stagnant between ages and I see more friends leave then than any other time Foe has also changed over time and I for one is not sure its changed for the better

between GB and watch fires (and various other bonuses) I now have 2-3 people in my hood that raid me every day and I CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT I almost quit playing about a week before this last age came out and honestly I don't see me playing past this age the biggest issue I see is the GB being able to level them to whatever level they can hit (100 ??) when you get a stupid amount of points for higher level GB points become meaningless add this to the stupid high defensive bonuses that some people have in my hood and this game is just NOT fun for me anymore I mean whats the point to a 500+% defensive bonus on your troops who can take that down ??

before you say raiding is part of the game I agree 100% and I also remember when you could NOT defend your city (no matter how good your defenses) against raids I was a raider back then and I did not mind getting raided myself cause I could revenge raid now like I said though there are a lot of players out there with 500% or better defensive bonuses and sure I could spend diamonds on my GB to raise my attacks but again whats the point ??

I have in the past bought diamonds I used them on happiness buildings and houses (several expansions ago) so when I do go (which wont be long) you are losing a paying customer

if you were to fix 2 things I would properly stay

1 quit counting GB towards the point balance make points means something again and

2 make a limit on how many % bonus you can get MAXIMUM to attack and defense

anyway just my 2 cents worth

Paw

DeletedUser8796

Any limit to attack or defense bonuses would limit the ways a player can develop their city. Part of this game is city building how you build your city dictates how well you might do in this game. IF i decide to get 50+ watch fires and you don't, that's just giving my city design a bit of an edge against your city. Also if you limit attack / def boosts we all know everyone would max those ASAP and everyone would have the same boost which would basically make attack / def boosts useless. I however would LOVE for global rank or points to actually give a boost of some sort that might get players more active and stop how stagnant this game can be. One big thing though is GB;s they shouldn't count t word global rank at all IMO defiantly if rank gives a boost. A separate boost could be given for the top GB;s on the GB list or something like that to counteract the loss of points from GB levels. In from what I've seen (90% of players don't really care about ranks BC well it really gets them absolutely nothing.

DeletedUser10517

Ok, so you want to quit the game because other players have more points than you.....or is it that other players spend more money than you?

What does it matter what other players do....how does it affect your game?

DeletedUser24156

I now have 2-3 people in my hood that raid me every day and I CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT

What do you mean you can do nothing about it? Why don't you set your goods production on a 24 hour schedule where the collection time is a time you are guaranteed to be available to collect your goods? Then the only thing the raiders can steal is useless gold. Think before you whine.

DeletedUser

I keep hearing the phrase "useless gold". It's not so useless when you're a newb which is why they leave so early in the game.

DeletedUser17265

I keep hearing the phrase "useless gold". It's not so useless when you're a newb which is why they leave so early in the game.
Jax you are right. Check out my Proposal in the proposal section called Coin/Supply Hover Option.

However, regarding the OP, it seems his problem is with watchfires preventing his "plunder pleasure". Understand that when a player invests in many watchfires, they limit their own space for anything else. (i.e. supplies, or goods, or military attack bonus) So there is a trade off.

DeletedUser20427

I too am having issues with payers getting extremely hi attack bonuses, mainly because I have some players in my neighbourhood that have been plundering all the goods I need to advance.. these players have been doing this since July... why does the neighbourhood not change any more

Algona

ypu know when your goods finish production. If you pick them up on time, you won't get plundered.

As far as realignment, I think when the new ranking system hots in February you might get a new hood.

DeletedUser21951

it would be nice if you had people in one era fighting people in there own era not 4 eras below them i,m in progressive and being attacked from people in tomorrow land it is hard to defend against them

DeletedUser17558

it would be nice if you had people in one era fighting people in there own era not 4 eras below them i,m in progressive and being attacked from people in tomorrow land it is hard to defend against them

You can't and don't need to defend against them, you only need to collect on time for absolutely nothing negative to have happened to you. If you collect on time you will never even notice that they attacked.

DeletedUser24566

Can someone explain to me how it makes sense when neighbourhoods are realigned. I get plundered daily by 4 regular players who are all in industrial age or higher. I am in HMA and there isn't an army that I can build that can defend against industrial age armies! This makes NO sense. I get attacking and plundering is part of the game but there has to be some kind of leveler. Something like no more than 1 age up or down. Further when you add that they have all these attack bonuses how can anyone defend? I see the replay and there isn't any damage done to their armies from mine. It really makes the game less enjoyable when there isn't even a chance that you could win!!

Mustapha00

I know it probably will not help much, but other games are far more punitive towards players that lose PvP fights. Trust me on this.

As to the situation as it is now, there seems to be nothing that Inno can do- or is willing to do- to solve this problem, as the complaint seems to go back to almost the very beginning of the game and little, if anything, seems to have been done, based on the continual nature of player complaints. Really, all you can do is Collect On Time and/or hope that, when Neighborhood Shuffles happen, you land in one which is less hostile.