• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What happened to special production buildings?

Expletive Deleted

I did a little looking back in the forum history and found that the last time a new event offered a special production building was the 2019 fall event, and this was only in the form of adding a new level to the cider mill upgrades. And prior to that it was the winter event of 2018 offering the Sleigh builder.

Considering both of these things are still in demand and considered good* by many shows their usefulness against the power creep that the special buildings that have been showing up for well over a year now. From what I've read on beta forums the next few events dont appear to have any new ones on the horizon.

Has there been a reason for this? Will there be a new production building this year or have those been abandoned as a potential reward?

Chompman

More then likely it's as you mentioned but because of the special buildings and what they offer versus what the more normal special production buildings offer for the most part.

Supplies are really no longer a concern after the start for most and while some also offer extra items based on crafting time they are not usually worth the space.

Ebeondi Asi

Supplies again become a huge concern later in the game. But usually Himiji Castle etc can help. Many people need to re-add LoA or add on RAH to suppliment supplies. if you do not have several billion supplies saved when you hit out space SAM SAAB You will be crying.. or really annoyed

Emberguard

They likely stopped introducing new special production buildings because the ones they introduced filled that need nicely. We now have a rotation between Cider Mill, Sunken Treasure and Sleigh Builder allowing players to get production buildings throughout the year.

Keep in mind you get those productions not just for that buildings output but to save space and enable you to complete event quests. By saving space you're able to improve the rest of your city with better buildings. By being better equipped for events you can keep getting the newest event buildings.

Ultimately those 2x3 production buildings aren't competing against powercreep. They're competing against Blacksmiths. As long as new ages retain that need to keep blacksmiths then special production buildings should still have a need as well. While the Cider Mill is more often competing against the Terrace Farm. So if the Terrace Farm gets power crept then the upgraded Cider Mills value also gets called into question due to it being so big and there being alternative special production options

icarusethan

Ultimately those 2x3 production buildings aren't competing against powercreep. They're competing against Blacksmiths. As long as new ages retain that need to keep blacksmiths then special production buildings should still have a need as well. While the Cider Mill is more often competing against the Terrace Farm. So if the Terrace Farm gets power crept then the upgraded Cider Mills value also gets called into question due to it being so big and there being alternative special production options
but but but.... i want a 2*2 sunken treasure!

Expletive Deleted

It's not specifically about supplies, or lack of in space ages, more of a curiosity/anomaly I've noticed recently. As the rest of the building types seem to be on offer at least semi regularly. If you consider any chain set pieces a deco ( as they usually only offer passive boosts and no road requirements) and some set pieces from the fall farm could be argued as culture, needing a road and having passive boosts. And the vast majority of SBs are obviously houses.
It just seems strange that of the 5 building types, 2 have now been seemingly dismissed from events. the other being barracks as we havent seen any of those since color guard. Or rogue shrinks depending on how you count. I get new units would upset a lot of the balance. But with every event requiring multiple cook cycles, youd think they would want more options.

wolfhoundtoo

I'd imagine it comes down to whether or not they think that such buildings would be interesting enough to get people to spend diamonds. Just what kind of troop could they do that would be relevant to all ages these days? Color guards weren't exactly a rousing success. Same goes for the special production buildings that you mention I would think. Of course i have no way of know how many of each type were taken in the past but if they aren't doing them anymore i'd say it's a sign that they weren't that popular.