• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What happens to FP's on neighborhood Great Buildings when it changes

Johnny B. Goode

Call it string theory if you want; I was talking about sniping. My opinions on the matter remain my own.
But what you said that prompted my response wasn't an opinion. You stated a "fact" that was false. You opinion has no bearing on the rights of a player to contribute to a neighbor's GB(s). Your opinion of uninvited donations from neighbors may be negative, but that's not what I was disagreeing with. Back up your "fact" with a link to the game rule that states neighbors have no right to donate to a player's GB(s). Or the game rule that states that they have to have an invitation to donate. I'll wait.

..Boudica..

... But what you said that prompted my response wasn't an opinion. You stated a "fact" that was false ... Back up your "fact" with a link to the game rule that states ... Or the game rule that states .. I'll wait.

Are you being purposely obtuse?

I defined °sniping° albeit in general, not even verbatim. Have you an opinion on sniping you'd like to share? I'm sure we'd all love to hear it! Or are you only interested in opining on my opinions?

When you have no valid argument: semantics!
When there's no need for argument at all: take offense to somebody w the gall to have an opinion.

Johnny B. Goode

Are you being purposely obtuse?
No. You stated that players have no right to donate uninvited to a neighbor's GB. That was a false statement. And that specifically was what I was responding to. That is the statement I quoted in my original response to you. Game rules give players the right to donate to neighbors' GBs. Neither you, nor anyone else (except Inno) can change that. You can have all the agreements you want with your guild mates, friends, whoever, but that does not obligate any of the rest of us to abide by it. We have the right to ignore your wishes as to whether or not to donate to neighbors' GBs. That's just a plain fact of the game. To state otherwise, as you did, is just blatantly false. You have done nothing to prove my point wrong. If there has been a change in players' donating rights in the game rules, please enlighten us. Otherwise, just accept that you were wrong in your statement and we can move on.

..Boudica..

Boy, you're trying awfully hard to differ over a non-issue on an internet message board :[)

[semantics]
Wow. Take a breath dude. First, you are taking quite literally what should be an easily recognizable general statement in answer to the OPs naïve complaint at having to wait for their profit. Secondly none of it was directed at you, so throwing smoke through an explanation of °sniping° and crying about how you don't have to listen to me wah wah wah is just that: smoke.

I did not infer sniping was against the rules only that it's "generally frowned upon" by other players which, in my experience, it is. I certainly wouldn't write DON'T EVER snipe a GB bc I have and likely will again under certain circumstances.

Further, never once did I intimate that anybody, much less you, had to 'listen to me' about anything-- nor would I; even as a Founder teaching noobs to FoE I've never claimed any rule-making authority nor have I ever insisted folks do things my way or hit the highway.

...because you didn't have any real right or invitation to contribute to their Arc or other GBs, you really don't have much grounds for indignance when you don't get your °just rewards° ... That's why, when investing in GBs for prints or profit, you should only contribute to friends or guildmates GBs. Anything you were trying to snipe cannot be considered a guaranteed reward ...

Just bc you can light things afire doesn't mean you should.
Just bc youre able to breathe smoke doesnt make it good for you.
Just bc you enjoy arguing semantics doesn't deem it fun for anybody else.

Just to save you some breath in the future, let me edify: when I post something, unless it's in quote it is an opinion and if I wrote it and didn't attribute it to someone else, that opinion is only mine. You should feel perfectly free to disregard my opinions on anything you like, just as I will freely disregard yours.

☆~B

Johnny B. Goode

Boy, you're trying awfully hard to differ over a non-issue on an internet message board :[)

Wow. Take a breath dude. First, you are taking quite literally what should be an easily recognizable general statement in answer to the OPs naïve complaint at having to wait for their profit. Secondly none of it was directed at you, so throwing smoke through an explanation of °sniping° and crying about how you don't have to listen to me wah wah wah is just that: smoke.

I did not infer sniping was against the rules only that it's "generally frowned upon" by other players which, in my experience, it is. I certainly wouldn't write DON'T EVER snipe a GB bc I have and likely will again under certain circumstances.

Further, never once did I intimate that anybody, much less you, had to 'listen to me' about anything-- nor would I; even as a Founder teaching noobs to FoE I've never claimed any rule-making authority nor have I ever insisted folks do things my way or hit the highway.

Just bc you can light things afire doesn't mean you should.
Just bc youre able to breathe smoke doesnt make it good for you.
Just bc you enjoy arguing semantics doesn't deem it fun for anybody else.

Just to save you some breath in the future, let me edify: when I post something, unless it's in quote it is an opinion and if I wrote it and didn't attribute it to someone else, that opinion is only mine. You should feel perfectly free to disregard my opinions on anything you like, just as I will freely disregard yours.

☆~B
Whatever, dude. You're wrong and you know it. The right to donate to ANY NEIGHBOR'S GB(s) is a "real" right, and that's not an opinion, it's a fact. Speaking of semantics, just because you say it's an opinion doesn't make it one. If you stated that water isn't wet and didn't have it in quotes, you would still be stating a falsehood, not an opinion. For your future reference. Putting something in quotes does not differentiate between it being fact or opinion. (Apparently another one of your personal rules that no one else needs to abide by.) Also for your future reference.