• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What in the heck were you thinking?

• Thread starter DeletedUser31440
  • Start date

DeletedUser31440

Bored, anyone else have good stories of FoE stupidities?

2nd week playing, just joined a guild and I'm eligible to play GE. Nice! Let's do this. I don't have many goods, I don't have any fighting experience or skills in this game, but I did read a message from the guild leader asking everyone to do GE and that the goods are paid for by the guild. Man did I misunderstand that comment. Go into GE and start negotiating, hey this is kind of fun and it's free? Awesomesauce! Get through about the 6th encounter and realize that I no longer have any goods, what in the devil is going on here? Realize that the goods being paid for by the guild referred to opening the levels of GE and not negotiating, shite!

1st day in Iron Age and see that you can win fp's on people's GB's. Look around and find a SMB going up to 6 or 7 with no other contributors. Put down 1 fp and I'm now in first place. No fp's have been given to me, what in the devil is going on here? Get laughed at in guild message asking why I haven't gotten my fp's for 1st place yet. Fun fact, that GB is still sitting on my GB Contributions list.

DeletedUser31592

I built and leveled a Colosseum to level 10 for the medal rewards.......................... (In my defense, the Arc hadn't been introduced and there wasn't GE/tons of events to get Victory Towers from. At that point, if you had one, it was likely from the event they were released in. Events were rare and prizes were rarely recycled.)

I also built a Notre Dame and leveled it to 10. I have no excuse for that one.

Oh- and I used to age up for the medal rewards! Lol. Talk about a poor strategy.

DeletedUser31440

This one is relatively recent, about 4 or 5 months ago.

Person in neighborhood keeps attacking me and has managed two or three plunders. I attack back each day but cannot plunder anything more valuable than a regular production building. I want me some TF's though so I come up with a plan. He's got a Hagia that is close to leveling, 12 fp's left. I put a fp on it thinking that it will get leveled just after he collects and I'll know his collection time. Completely forgot that you only get notifications for 6th place or higher.

DeletedUser36624

I timed my rise to EMA to be just after GE started. "Cool," I thought. "I will rock the whole thing with my EMA troops against BA and IA."

I've saved up for this, so I quickly plow through the tech tree and get all five barracks. They finish building and I go in to start my first troops. "FOUR HOURS?!?!?!"

Having to learn the new troops, and the realization that they still take two hits to take stuff out meant that I spent so much time healing and recruiting new troops, that I didn't make it as far as I had with IA troops the previous week.

Dido 815 the Scourge

Built a ND and leveled it to 6 before reading about what GBs NOT to build in the forum. Even posted a question about it a few months ago. It’s been deleted to make room for other buildings.

Started a city on a new server. Built the oracle as usual via the tutorial. Decided once I got to Iron Age I didn’t need it (I’d already deleted it in my primary city). That was a mistake. Sooooo.... had to actually collect a full set of Oracle BPs before I could rebuild it. Won’t level it beyond 4 or 5, but it is helpful for now.

spnnr

Upon starting rushed through tech tree - joined an inactive guild and thought this is fun ! Then I hit the wall in HMA- still had bronze age buildings too... in a moment of clarity joined here and got set straight ! (TYVM Glarg/Algona wherever you all are..)

Adversity+Quotes+%2813%29.jpg

DeletedUser26182

When I first started playing (2013), had no idea what was what - built ND and Colo to lvl 6, got rid of them as soon as I could put in Traz, Hag, and Deal. Then stupidly built the Capitol up to lvl 6, got rid of it and BAM, took a big hit on the pop.

DeletedUser35550

Similar story = first started getting attacked and plundered in Bronze Age so I buy a boat load of diamonds blaze through the tech to to HMA in a few days - OK I should be safe **Buzzer** still being attacked - did not know to set my defenses nor had any HMA troops or goods

Algona

! (TYVM Glarg/Algona wherever you all are..)

You're welcome, although Glarg did the heavy lifting. Glarg left the game unfortunately, I stll miss him. Great player, Great poster/ I'm still hiding in the warm mud under my bridge waiting for better days.

On Topic: I never get plundered. One day, I get plundered 5 times. By scrubs, err, I mean, players who should not be able to beat me.

Yeah, turns out deleting a Barracks that supplies half your city defense is even scrubbier.

Yeah, having Barracks troops as part of your city defense? That;s ScrubbyMcScrubScrubbish too.

Which is scrubbiest?

Last edited:

DeletedUser31440

Bit of a mundane one, but still stupid nonetheless.

Fighting through GE on F world, get to lvl 3 encounter 7. Champ + 7 rogues, hold back Champ auto and win first round. Don't pay enough attention to 2nd wave troops and auto from the start, defeated with a dead champ and 7 dead rogues. That sucks, but whatever not that big of a deal, just need to remember to pay more attention to what I'm doing.

Not 10 minutes later, log on to W and do the same exact thing on the same exact encounter for the same exact result. Good job Ozy!

DeletedUser32824

I first started playing at the beginning of the last winter event. Didn't know anything about anything and was like "OOOO Cookies!" And just spent my cookies each day with 2 or 3 clicks in the prize section, winning total garbage. Somehow I managed to get a couple of the event buildings in 1 try. I wised up by the end of the event, saving my cookies for the banquet table to up my FP output and clicked the boxes like 30 times and got shuffled every time before I got the table. Never did get it!

DeletedUser31440

I moved three cities up to LMA a little over a week ago and got them all to the point where they had two recurring quest slots. I figured I would probably at some point screw up and lose a slot on at least one of the worlds, I just didn't think that I'd do it so soon. Woke up this morning and went to start DC's and try to get some SoK's, absent mindedly collected the reward for Fair Maiden and yeah lost the 2nd spot. I need to start drinking coffee before I get on the computer in the morning. Oh well though, two cities still have the 2nd slot, hopefully I can stay on top of my crap enough to keep it that way.

DeletedUser36705

I wasn't paying attention to an easy DC battle and thought I already had 1 unit selected to my attacking army, clicked away and filled up the rest of my army with rogues and auto battled feeling assured of my imminent victory... only to lose and realize I had sent 8 rogues to their untimely demise.

Algona

Oops.

New Himoji in the experimental city. All excited to use but done with GE. Time to go dumpster diving in the bottom of the hood. Flip to the hood. start attacking the three who who haven't Aided. Pick up 125 Goods, sweet, go to move up the hood for the last victim...

And can't slide up? Wassup? Oh. Derp. Yeah, this may be worse then derp. I forgot to go to the bottom of the hood and had attacked three of the top five in the hood. Sure, i won, but I have no desire to strike up a fight with these guys....

Sent a PM to the three explaining and apologizing. Eating crow is better then being smashed repeatedly in the face? Feathers don;t taste that bad?

They all laughed at me, err, I mean, they laughed it off.

Rhyyss

I waited too long to build my Colosseum - I'm still kicking myself for all the medals I missed out on.

Super Catanian

This didn't happen to me, but to my cousin who was using my laptop at the time (with his own account, of course!)
He was trying to conquer a sector of the EMA with IA troops, and no attack boosts. This was the result...
YZrtmPbnPwNssAWpebgAOQ9OGiYG7d4g4u7pw0x5eevtGBzW4exJlB2Olzo8fANUa4YiCEaAPfYwL-9Tsznf=w1366-h626-rw