• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is a Fair Price for GB goods

DeletedUser41085

I know that prices for goods vary depending on how old the world is. I also realize that Angkor is relatively new and so everything is the most expensive.

In both L and T worlds I got Dynamic Tower and Himeji goods for about 450 a set. What should I expect to pay in this world? I have one offer so far for 1450 but that seems outrageously high to me. Am I being unrealistic? Do you have trader suggestions? You can message me here or in-game (Em of Lee).

UBERhelp1

I know that prices for goods vary depending on how old the world is. I also realize that Angkor is relatively new and so everything is the most expensive.

In both L and T worlds I got Dynamic Tower and Himeji goods for about 450 a set. What should I expect to pay in this world? I have one offer so far for 1450 but that seems outrageously high to me. Am I being unrealistic? Do you have trader suggestions? You can message me here or in-game (Em of Lee).
For my DT on Angkor, I paid 900, and that was at least 3-4 months ago. I'm not sure on HC goods.

Sheldor the Destroyer

Usual prices on GB goods for Us26:
BA (Zues, Babel) 10fp
IA (LoA, Col) 20fp
EMA (CoA, HS) 40fp
HMA (SMB, ND) 50fp
LMA (CdM, SBC) 70fp
CA (DC, FD) 80fp
InA (RAH, Capitol) 100fp
PE (CF, TRAZ) 150fp
ME (SN, ATom) 170fp
PME (CC, Habitat) 200fp
CE (IT, LT) 270fp
TE (TT, V1) 300fp
FE (ARC, Rfp) 350fp
AF (AO, SV, GS) 400fp
OF (Krak, BG, AM) 500fp
VF (HC, TA) 700fp
SAM (SG, TVP) 850fp
SAAB (SC) 1000fp
SAV (? ) 3500fp?
NA (Oracle, ToR, Galata, OBS) -ToR - 25fp, OBS- 10 fp (Oracle & galata require no goods)

Last edited:
There are no fair prices. Goods should be traded for goods. To demand FPs to sweeten the trade is to abuse the "buyer". I avoid such trades and traders like the plague (or should that be Covid <g>)

RazorbackPirate

There are no fair prices. Goods should be traded for goods. To demand FPs to sweeten the trade is to abuse the "buyer". I avoid such trades and traders like the plague (or should that be Covid <g>)
Goods are trade for goods, the cost on FPs is the delta between the goods you give, generally BA or IA and the value of the higher age goods. It's a fair way tio make such a transaction. However, if you can find them free, go for it.

But there is no abuse of the buyer. It's a voluntary transaction. No one forces you to buy.

Gypsy Grace

I am EMA and worked hard to get all of my Traz bps. My guild is very small (13 players) and reserves grand GB assistance for raising Arcs. It was going to take FOREVER and cost thousands of EMA goods to get the necessary Progressive goods to plant my Traz! I was delighted to place 105 FP on a friend's GB to get 500 of each! Then the seller leveled the GB locking me in place 5 - I got 25 of my FP back and hundreds of medals to boot (plus bps). I have leftovers on 4 of the 5 PE goods that I am trading down to get my CDM going (if I ever get the last bp *sigh*). So, in reality - it was 80 FP to get two GB planted! I am fairly new but that seems like a super deal to me :)

Cyrus the Adequate

I disagree completely.

If you trade EMA goods for Future goods, how do you make up the difference in effective value?

If the buyer tries to trade up level by level (age by age), he/she is going to spend a ton of FPs just to make the trades at each age, so doesn't it make more sense to have a single widespread trade and pay those FPs to the seller?

Gypsy Grace

If you trade EMA goods for Future goods, how do you make up the difference in effective value?

If the buyer tries to trade up level by level (age by age), he/she is going to spend a ton of FPs just to make the trades at each age, so doesn't it make more sense to have a single widespread trade and pay those FPs to the seller?

Exactly and might end up costing more FP anyway. Plus...the T I M E and watching goods do the 'half-life hop-up' would be very discouraging to me.

Ebeondi Asi

When I was a new player the cost was not a problem. I need the Goods and had no idea how to get them. Finding anyone to sell Goods was a blessing. So that is the fair price for a newbie. Then I built Dynamic Tower(Truce now) and began to collect the goods myself.Soon I had no need to buy any Goods. I got them myself. And finally moving into top Guilds, Goods are freely given to Guildies in need. (by then I have most of the GBs I wanted to own.
So part of the cost of goods is based on how clueless the person needing them is.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The value of goods has definitely diminished over the last few years in established worlds. On Carthage I'd willingly and happily pay the current 1k fp going rate for Arc goods if I had them. What's fair is simply what the market will bear.

Emberguard

I would argue it’s abusing the seller to *expect* advanced age goods for free. If you’re not spending diamonds, then you wouldn’t be able to access the goods if it wasn’t for the seller. Period.

If you didn’t buy the goods you’d have to spend Forge Points anyway just to go through the technology tree, what would that cost you?

You as the buyer are using the seller to advance the development of your own city. No way around that regardless of the motivation behind it. It’s only fair to compensate the seller for having taken the time and resources necessary to reach that higher age. Goods used on you are goods the seller can’t use for their own development. If they’re giving everything away with nothing meaningful in return then their development goes to a standstill while helping you out

If someone wants to gift goods that’s one thing, but you should be willing to pay for goods. Your city is yours to develop, not everyone elses. If you cannot afford the outlay for goods, then you’ll never be able to afford levelling it up. Costs far more to level than the outlay costs

Edit: Do keep in mind if there's a multiple age gap, I won't be able to use those lower age goods for anything. At all. I've either already passed the point where those goods have use, or I've already got a sufficient stockpile.

You're asking for advanced goods because you need them to speed up city development. I don't need what you're offering. There is nothing to be gained on my end if all I'm getting is lower aged goods (2+ ages below). I'm doing you a favour by providing you advanced age goods, the only thing I would be getting out of it is if I'm being paid in something I can actually use. That's why people pay in Forge Points, it's usable no matter how big the age gap

Last edited: