• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is kind?

DeletedUser32009

Sometimes those of us who plunder are not looked upon kindly. We are the ogres when others wish for fairy tales.
We know it is a game and not role playing.
Is anyone interested in sharing what is important to them in RL? Do you do little things for your life partner?
Are you interested in recycling, or helping homeless people or animals? What is your passion outside of the game?
Do you have hobbies? What do you do with your children that is special to you?
I want to know what other ogres do.
Show me your soft side :)

DeletedUser32009

Oh well. I guess we really are ogres, lol
No one wants to show their soft side :p
Thats ok guys. I know deep down you are all really pussy cats, lol

DeletedUser32009

Mine thinks I spend too much time playing the game. he gets on the laptop and lays down.
Well actually I have 3 cats, so getting my laptop to myself is always iffy.
Then I take care of two feral cats, have 5 dogs, and chickens. There is lots of chores between plundering.
For charity work, I make totes for homeless people.

DeletedUser32009

This is a game. Whatever I do in real life is no part of it.
then why bother even posting? So it isn't a popular question. No one else felt the need to state they didnt want to answer, lol
If they did, the thread would be long with a bunch of snarky comments :p

DeletedUser34398

Hi Airlyn, am new to the forums. I, for one, have not really done any plundering because, personally I don't see the need for it. My husband does and I have had some neighbors plunder my land but not get any goods. Even if a person is upset the first time, it is always wise for them to seek advice from advanced players. They will find out that if they keep up with product, plundering does lessen. I have started attacking neighbors here and there but now only for points and to meet challenges. Usually I can get supplies from the trade or help from guild members. You are right, there are some great players who do plunder all the time; but at the same time will take the time to help someone if that neighbor messages them or reaches out to them. I work during the week at a recycling center sorting trash, plastics, paper, and cardboard. We also have product such as electronic headsets and speakers (as an example we break down and sort.

DeletedUser21322

Although I am not much for plundering beyond quests. I spend my free time with my daughter. I also crochet and love cooking and baking. My house is also a big NFL fan so every Sunday during football season you can bet I am watching (or half watching) a game. I also love spending time with my dog and 2 guinea pigs.

DeletedUser34398

You're not doing it right!

I like long walks on the beach and tetherball. Just a contribution to the crazy information that has nothing to do with anything related to anything.
Tetherball is fun to play. If I am not doing it right have you also replied to the forum Moderator and told them the same thing? They don't plunder as well beyond the quests.

DeletedUser35877

I do charity work of many sorts. I plunder everyone I can in my hood..

Super Catanian

Besides ruthlessly plundering every day, I play the piano and violin (for almost 5 years now), fold origami models, and video chat with my older brother who lives in the other side of the country. Besides that, I use a hand ax to cut down a tree in my backyard.

Does donating goods to the Guild Treasury count as charity work? :p

DeletedUser8428

I don't plunder, but I don't have any problem with those that do - on the rare occasion that *I* get plundered, it's because I left my stuff out for someone to take.

I foster dogs and help out at the local animal shelter and I teach seniors how to use computers. I taught my 80 yo mom to play FOE... she played for almost two years on F world, and she loved it. Then she decided it was a time-suck and quit :)

Super Catanian

I don't plunder, but I don't have any problem with those that do - on the rare occasion that *I* get plundered, it's because I left my stuff out for someone to take.

I foster dogs and help out at the local animal shelter and I teach seniors how to use computers. I taught my 80 yo mom to play FOE... she played for almost two years on F world, and she loved it. Then she decided it was a time-suck and quit :)

Oh no! How far did she get before quitting?

DeletedUser32389

I volunteer with Surfider (https://www.surfrider.org/) which is a national nonprofit that protects the ocean. We have chapters in most states, even landlocked states, and it's a great way to learn how to become more politically active as well as meet great people. I also help at the animal shelter sometimes, which has landed me a dog, a cat, and two rabbits.
I spend most of my free time building and flying drones as video platforms, I've posted about it a little here on the boards. FPV drones in particular are the most thrilling and fulfilling hobby I've ever pursued. They're all broken right now so I'm about to build a new set.
I've flown from the frozen hills of Vermont, to the beautiful beaches of Costa Rica. My youtube channel is www.youtube.com/user/rtkdarling Please stop by and leave a comment!
This is my latest edit, it's a little over the top

DeletedUser36326

Sometimes those of us who plunder are not looked upon kindly. We are the ogres when others wish for fairy tales.
We know it is a game and not role playing.
Is anyone interested in sharing what is important to them in RL? Do you do little things for your life partner?
Are you interested in recycling, or helping homeless people or animals? What is your passion outside of the game?
Do you have hobbies? What do you do with your children that is special to you?
I want to know what other ogres do.
Show me your soft side :)

I live in NYC, so I’m used to being plundered.

And now that I read this thread, I realized I never voluntarily did voluntary work. Not to be mean, but I found it vaguely pretentious.