• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is the formula for the 1.9 thread?

• Thread starter DeletedUser37344
  • Start date

DeletedUser37344

There's no lack of handy sheets or online calculators but I'd like to know how the amounts to be primed and the donations are arrived at. It seems all you have to start with is the amount to level. I'm not math-endowed and am curious about the whole process.

thanks

Plain Red Justice

Well if you're referring to how a 1.9 thread works, let's take a look at this example:

You want your Level X random GB to get 1.9'd and these are its following properties

////Total amount of FP: 0/1000
First place reward: 300 FP
Second place reward: 150 FP
1st*1.9= 570 FP
2nd*1.9= 285

So what'll happen next here is that a first placer would invest 300*1.9= 570 FP after calling "1" in the thread and waiting for a few seconds before placing FP to prevent accidents. After this, it becomes:

////Total amount of FP: 570/1000

So a 2nd placer is safe to place 285 FP because 570+285= 855 leaving it with a 145 change. The 2nd position is therefore locked and not snipable. Now there are times where you would have to rely on self investment to lock the 2nd...3rd etc. because the Maths can get varied.

Consider using a calculator whenever you're playing this game because if you miscalculate, you would have to compensate your investor as courtesy and/or guild rules

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

There's no lack of handy sheets or online calculators but I'd like to know how the amounts to be primed and the donations are arrived at. It seems all you have to start with is the amount to level. I'm not math-endowed and am curious about the whole process.

thanks

There are many websites that will do the math for you.

e.g. anyone can google gb leveling tool or message me in private

DeletedUser37344

Thanks for the responses! I do know how to prime for each spot and figure out the reward, but I was wondering what number you start with. For example: Cathedral of Aachen >12 - 631 to level ... given that number how do you arrive at 327 to prime for 1st spot?

Farfle the smelly

Well if you're referring to how a 1.9 thread works, let's take a look at this example:

You want your Level X random GB to get 1.9'd and these are its following properties

////Total amount of FP: 0/1000
First place reward: 300 FP
Second place reward: 150 FP
1st*1.9= 570 FP
2nd*1.9= 285

So what'll happen next here is that a first placer would invest 300*1.9= 570 FP after calling "1" in the thread and waiting for a few seconds before placing FP to prevent accidents. After this, it becomes:

////Total amount of FP: 570/1000

So a 2nd placer is safe to place 285 FP because 570+285= 855 leaving it with a 145 change. The 2nd position is therefore locked and not snipable. Now there are times where you would have to rely on self investment to lock the 2nd...3rd etc. because the Maths can get varied.

Consider using a calculator whenever you're playing this game because if you miscalculate, you would have to compensate your investor as courtesy and/or guild rules
But isn’t there also another amount that you add so it soft locks in place? Or is that somehow magically done in with the thread? This is the part I’ve never understood. How do they not get sniped?

Plain Red Justice

But isn’t there also another amount that you add so it soft locks in place?
What do you mean? Smart players would never level up via a set of BPs and post their GBs in a 1.9 thread without two to four 1.9ers online. If you're referring to a high leveled GB in which 1.9'ing the GB would still make the first place snipable, then that's where self-investment (or swaps or other monky business) come in

For example, this is the GB you have posted
Total amount of FP: 0/4000
First place reward: 1000
Second place reward: 500
1st*1.9= 1900
2nd*1.9= 950

As the GB owner, you are obligated to self-invest 200 FP to make the first place locked since Total amount 200/4000 = 3800 difference/2 = 1900 FP to """snipe""" the GB which happens to be a 1.9'd first place. Both the GB and the first placer cannot be sniped this way.

The new GB status would look like this
Total FP: 2100/4000
1st = locked
2nd*1.9 = 950

It just so happened that the total FP to secure the GB coincides with the 1.9'd amount BUT if the total FP is like, 2100/4040 FP, the investor would have to self-invest by 40 again so the 2nd placer has a peace of mind. There are many more scenarios to this one, like what if the 1st and 2nd placer are diligent enough to claim the spots immediately so your self-investment would only be directed to your 2nd placer but I'd leave the computations to you

Last edited:

Farfle the smelly

What do you mean? Smart players would never level up via a set of BPs and post their GBs in a 1.9 thread without two to four 1.9ers online. If you're referring to a high leveled GB in which 1.9'ing the GB would still make the first place snipable, then that's where self-investment (or swaps) come in
Thanks, that’s where I get lost: the diff between normal swap threads and 1.9. I haven’t actually looked too deep into it yet and I’m not advanced enough to need it. But I’ve watched a couple of videos explaining soft locking by the total FPs one posts (something about half the difference to level? I dunno), and I was still confused. No big, I’ll figure it out eventually. :)

Vger

CoA 11-->12 pays 80FP for P1. 80 * 1.9 = 152. So I would be happy to put in 152, but only if I am locked in. I don't want to be bumped by some yoko that puts in 153 just for spite, and I end up losing FP on P2.

But since the level costs 631, if I put in 152, there is still 631 - 152 = 479 FP to go. WAY to easy for someone to put in more than my 152.

So the GB owner has to prime such that my 152 contribution is enough to lock in the spot, meaning there are no more than 152 FP left to go after I add mine. You have to let me go half the distance to the goal. If 152 is half way, then 152*2 = 304 is the whole way. So there can be no more than 304 FP left once you prime it.

631 - 304 = 327. So you have to put in 327, leaving 304 to go. Then my 152 leaves 152 left to go. Even if a fool puts in the other 152, they end up with P2, because I was there first. They lose. I break even (on FPs, I get the medals and BPS for free).

DeletedUser37344

I'm very lucky to be in a guild that is active in the 1.9 thread. We always prime at least through 2nd spot, then wait to prime for 3rd after 1 and 2 are taken, etc. I'm curious, in the above example by vger how vger knows 80FP is the p1 reward ... ;))

Plain Red Justice

I'm curious, in the above example by vger how vger knows 80FP is the p1 reward ... ;))
There might be some spreadsheets scattered around somewhere in the internet. But if you don't want to bother with that, just take a look at a random CoA and check previous level a few times till you reach the CoA lvl 11-->12 reward information

DevaCat

There might be some spreadsheets scattered around somewhere in the internet. But if you don't want to bother with that, just take a look at a random CoA and check previous level a few times till you reach the CoA lvl 11-->12 reward information
Oh bs, just look up a good gb investment calculator and be done with it. No mystery involved, just math.

*Arturis*

your prime points is the difference between the total and 3.8*1st, so
To prime for top 2 spots at 1.9
Take 1st rewards
x3.8
- total
If the result +, no need to prime

-Sebastian-

I do it in my head, or using a calculator (phone or computer or an old-fashioned hand-held). The goal is to figure out what the total number of FP added needs to be, so that the top unlocked spot is lockable at 1.9. The numbers needed are the total FP for the level, the FP reward for the top unlocked spot, and the FP added by whoever (if anyone) is in that spot. First I multiply the FP reward by 1.9, rounding up. Then I calculate total-1.9reward-1.9reward+spot.

So take the example of a CoA, level 11->12. Total FP is 631. The reward for 1st is 80. Let's say neighbor #1 added 9 FP, and neighbor #2 added 4 FP.

First, 80*1.9=152, no rounding needed. So to make 1st lockable, I need to add enough FP to make the total equal to 631-152-152+9 = 336. That makes 1st lockable at 1.9 (and 2nd will be lockable as well), and neither of your neighbors can do anything about it.

This works no matter who added FP, and no matter how much they added (unless of course they added enough to lock the position themselves). It works for whatever the top unlocked position is. It's really just a variation of the math needed for sniping, except that the goal is to make your building snipable at exactly 1.9 times the reward. ;-)

WolfKingSG

Thanks, that’s where I get lost: the diff between normal swap threads and 1.9. I haven’t actually looked too deep into it yet and I’m not advanced enough to need it. But I’ve watched a couple of videos explaining soft locking by the total FPs one posts (something about half the difference to level? I dunno), and I was still confused. No big, I’ll figure it out eventually. :)
All GBs levels 40-60 can be locked at or for less than 1.9 by filling them half way ( other GBs have wider ranges, i.e. Arc 30-74 ). My guess would be "soft lock" is a partner who does something similar and intends to give the owner the full 1.x amount when they have the daily FP available - result is partner being able to turn more dailies into packs.

WolfKingSG

I do it in my head, or using a calculator (phone or computer or an old-fashioned hand-held). The goal is to figure out what the total number of FP added needs to be, so that the top unlocked spot is lockable at 1.9. The numbers needed are the total FP for the level, the FP reward for the top unlocked spot, and the FP added by whoever (if anyone) is in that spot. First I multiply the FP reward by 1.9, rounding up. Then I calculate total-1.9reward-1.9reward+spot.

So take the example of a CoA, level 11->12. Total FP is 631. The reward for 1st is 80. Let's say neighbor #1 added 9 FP, and neighbor #2 added 4 FP.

First, 80*1.9=152, no rounding needed. So to make 1st lockable, I need to add enough FP to make the total equal to 631-152-152+9 = 336. That makes 1st lockable at 1.9 (and 2nd will be lockable as well), and neither of your neighbors can do anything about it.

This works no matter who added FP, and no matter how much they added (unless of course they added enough to lock the position themselves). It works for whatever the top unlocked position is. It's really just a variation of the math needed for sniping, except that the goal is to make your building snipable at exactly 1.9 times the reward. ;-)
631 - 152 - 152 - ( 9 / 2 ) - 4 = 318

Farfle the smelly

Can I tell y’all an embarrassing secret? As a data analyst I do this kind of math all the time IRL, and usually more complicated at that, but for some reason I feel like I shouldve gotten perfect SATs to be able to comprehend this. LOL

I am so doomed when I place my Arc...

Nicholas002

There is no real formula that works in all situations, since snipers and players who take positions out of order can mess it up.

for a clear level, it is very simple: remaining FP to level - 3.8x rewards= own contribution

for a level that has snipers on it, there's no formula, so just figure out how much you have to prime so that there is a 3.8x gap between your investment, and the sniper's investment. (given that the sniper's investment is lower then the 1.9 spot you are priming for)

I would tell you a way to make this super easy, with zero math, but I am not alllowed to. (you can probably guess)

Farfle the smelly

There is no real formula that works in all situations, since snipers and players who take positions out of order can mess it up.

for a clear level, it is very simple: remaining FP to level - 3.8x rewards= own contribution

for a level that has snipers on it, there's no formula, so just figure out how much you have to prime so that there is a 3.8x gap between your investment, and the sniper's investment. (given that the sniper's investment is lower then the 1.9 spot you are priming for)

I would tell you a way to make this super easy, with zero math, but I am not alllowed to. (you can probably guess)
That’s okay, I’m pretty sure I know what you’re referencing. It’s really the ‘lock’ part of this that confused me.

OP, thanks for asking this question!!

WolfKingSG

Why would you do that?
I was debating on whether to respond to this, as it screams to simply be entertaining, but here goes. First though, your question extraordinary begs the question, what is the meaning of your typically top three guild-given title "GuardianOfTheTreasury/Council"?