• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is the point of retaining one's Longhouse?

RogerRabat

What is the point of retaining one's Longhouse? I have contemplated deleting mine, as, for example, two tile roof houses in the same space would offer more citizens and a higher coin production rate. I have noticed that 7 of approx 100 cities I have visited have deleted theirs. What woud be the upside or downside to such deletion?

RogerRabat

Downside: You don't get a Diamond refund.
Upside: Buildings in later eras are so much more space efficient that keeping one's Longhouse longer than the Early Middle Ages is just stupid.
I agree, but it was nice to get a 2nd opinion. Thank you very much.

DeletedUser40857

I haven't seen a 'store building' since the Antique Dealer launched. Before the invention of the Antique Dealer, I was getting a 'store building' about once every two weeks....and I'm now wishing that I hadn't use them all up. :p:D:cool:

DeletedUser

If you have a store building in your inventory it would be worth storing and selling in the Antiques Dealer once you reach Early Middle Ages. Since it is a premium residential building it is worth 1,890 dealer coins and 1-3 gems, which might help you get something useful at that time.
I can verify that the Store Building item does not work on the Longhouse. (Cost me 100 Diamonds to verify.)

Dr. Smite

I've seen a few people in my neighborhood (PME) that still have longhouses. WHY? At that age, it's just wasting space.

UBERhelp1

I've seen a few people in my neighborhood (PME) that still have longhouses. WHY? At that age, it's just wasting space.
Sometimes people like to keep mementos of past ages and events. I have one friend who still has the Victory Pole thing from the EMA bonus questline, and he's in PME (he also has at least one of every set, which is pretty cool tbh).

Super Catanian

Even more stupid? Spending diamonds on your 1'st or 2'nd day playing this game for a second Longhouse. I did that :eek:.
Even more stupid? Spending Diamonds for extra Unit slots in all my BA Military Buildings. I did that.

I have one friend who still has the Victory Pole thing from the EMA bonus questline, and he's in PME (he also has at least one of every set, which is pretty cool tbh).
That Victory Pole is actually an IA Premium Decoration. Also, I still have my Monastery.

DeletedUser30312

Reasons:

• The game tells you it's a special building in the tutorial and you haven't yet realized that the premium buildings are only good up through the next age and then become obsolete.
  • The player is operating under the sunk cost fallacy because the building cost diamonds to build originally.
  • The player likes the looks of the Longhouse and hasn't realized that aesthetics is irrelevant to optimal gameplay.
  • The player is tuckerkao.

Even more stupid? Spending diamonds on your 1'st or 2'nd day playing this game for a second Longhouse. I did that :eek:.

Same here. I blame Inno for using the tutorial to encourage such behavior.

Over the long run, I've gotten so many diamonds from RQs, GE and WWs that the diamonds I spent on Longhouses no longer matters.

Zatrikon

If you have some long people in your city, where else will they live?

I still have my Victory Pillar (an award from an Iron Age quest - not something I spent diamonds on) and I'm in Space Age Mars. It's just for sentimental value. And it's on;y 1x1, so all I'd get if I got rid of it is a 1x1 space.

In general, I would advise never ever buying any premium buildings. Never. If you get one from a quest or a Daily Challenge, then use it, because they are good. But delete it when it becomes outclassed two ages later or so. Unless it's a 1x1 and you're keeping it for sentimental reasons.