• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is the point of retaining one's Longhouse?

Jern2017

If you have some long people in your city, where else will they live?

I still have my Victory Pillar (an award from an Iron Age quest - not something I spent diamonds on) and I'm in Space Age Mars. It's just for sentimental value. And it's on;y 1x1, so all I'd get if I got rid of it is a 1x1 space.

In general, I would advise never ever buying any premium buildings. Never. If you get one from a quest or a Daily Challenge, then use it, because they are good. But delete it when it becomes outclassed two ages later or so. Unless it's a 1x1 and you're keeping it for sentimental reasons.

I wanted to keep a 1x1 premium or event decoration (I'm not sure which one exactly). I really liked the way it looked and I said this will be the only thing I'll never delete.

I deleted it a week later.

RazorbackPirate

I wanted to keep a 1x1 premium or event decoration (I'm not sure which one exactly). I really liked the way it looked and I said this will be the only thing I'll never delete.

I deleted it a week later.
I've got a Zani Mask from a previous Carnival Event I've always kept in my city since I got it. I've always had a 1x1 space that's needed filling somewhere. Each rearrange he ends up somewhere else. He's become my Waldo. "Where's Zani?"

DevaCat

"Well, Mr. Jones, I've got some bad news. After extensive medical tests, it appears you've been retaining your Longhouse."

If you retain your Longhouse for more than four hours, consult a physician.
Ahh, but the really bad news is when you pass your Longhouse!

Super Catanian

I've got a Zani Mask from a previous Carnival Event I've always kept in my city since I got it. I've always had a 1x1 space that's needed filling somewhere. Each rearrange he ends up somewhere else. He's become my Waldo. "Where's Zani?"
Likewise, I have a different version of the Carnival Mask I got for being "champion of the neighborhood" or something. It was when the Masquerade Ball was introduced. He was treated to a Renovation Kit when I was in Indy to match with the Piazza Set.

Triopoly Champion

Downside: You don't get a Diamond refund.
Upside: Buildings in later eras are so much more space efficient that keeping one's Longhouse longer than the Early Middle Ages is just stupid.
I always keep my longhouse, so the players who have plundered me often landed there because they thought it was an event building.

I got more sniping opportunities since many top players don't expect a longhouse owner will have The Arc 80+ in the same city. dski #3 in Mount Killmore had complained about my longhouse all the time all due to 1 early morning sniping.

Jern2017

I always keep my longhouse, so the players who have plundered me often landed there because they thought it was an event building.

I got more sniping opportunities since many top players don't expect a longhouse owner will have The Arc 80+ in the same city. dski #3 in Mount Killmore had complained about my longhouse all the time all due to 1 early morning sniping.

Tucker, I love your strategies.