• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What is the proper use of and/or application of Alabaster?

DeletedUser33297

I had a game issue recently. Luckily it was solved today by a regular member here. Something I forgot to mention when describing my issue, and my erstwhile attempts to solve it, was that I had tried various applications of Alabaster, the "solve all problems" remedy.
I tried a direct application by rubbing the Alabaster on my problem, to no avail. I then switched to a fine powdered Alabaster in which I gently sprinkled on the problem. Still no reaction. Finally I mixed it with some water and sprayed it right on the problem. This didn't work either but I suspect that might have been due to the Alabaster being watered down, diluted if you will.
At that point I came into the forum to seek direction and a possible solution to this problem, which presented itself today. But the question still remains....What is the proper application of Alabaster? :eek:

DeletedUser31440

Alabaster has been proven to be most effective when kept in high quantities in your inventory. It seems that you may have self sabotaged by taking alabaster out of your inventory to directly apply it. A good rule of thumb is that for every hour of inconvenience a problem causes 10,000 Alabaster added to your inventory will counteract. Now go build some more Alabaster masons.

DeletedUser

I had a game issue recently. Luckily it was solved today by a regular member here. Something I forgot to mention when describing my issue, and my erstwhile attempts to solve it, was that I had tried various applications of Alabaster, the "solve all problems" remedy.
I tried a direct application by rubbing the Alabaster on my problem, to no avail. I then switched to a fine powdered Alabaster in which I gently sprinkled on the problem. Still no reaction. Finally I mixed it with some water and sprayed it right on the problem. This didn't work either but I suspect that might have been due to the Alabaster being watered down, diluted if you will.
At that point I came into the forum to seek direction and a possible solution to this problem, which presented itself today. But the question still remains....What is the proper application of Alabaster? :eek:
I generally get good results when I take a lamp base made of Alabaster and use it to club my problem into submission. :)
And pay no attention to @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings , he's been negatively affected by overexposure to cowbell. :eek:

DeletedUser33297

Thank you for your input @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings, that is a long term goal I am currently working on with due diligence. :)

I generally get good results when I take a lamp base made of Alabaster and use it to club my problem into submission. :)
And pay no attention to @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings , he's been negatively affected by overexposure to cowbell. :eek:

@Stephen Longshanks...I would like to think that was a last resort option. I was hoping there might be a book I could read, maybe some classes I could take, even a test to get an Alabaster License perhaps, like a Journeyman Alabaster Technician. ;) :p

DeletedUser31440

Alabaster is so exceptionally powerful that whether it be in boosted or unboosted form makes little difference.

But unboosted gets a space sacrifice multiplier, it's about 20 times as effective. Couldn't put that in the guide or it could have broken the game, but since a mod moved the guide to forge hall saying that it isn't an actual guide, I suppose I can let it slip.

DeletedUser34800

Only 500 diamonds? You used a lot of Alabaster trying to solve the issue. Way more than just 500 diamonds. You should have negotiated. I'm sure once they realized you used Alabaster, they would have easily compensated you the proper 50,000 diamonds or more.

It was Alabaster after all.

DeletedUser33297

Only 500 diamonds? You used a lot of Alabaster trying to solve the issue. Way more than just 500 diamonds. You should have negotiated. I'm sure once they realized you used Alabaster, they would have easily compensated you the proper 50,000 diamonds or more.

It was Alabaster after all.
That sounds like good advice...on the surface m9, but I believe that one should ONLY use Alabaster in thier pursuit of Truth, Justice and all that is Holy. After all, can we really even compare Alabaster to the lowly diamond? I think not. It was not the reward I sought, but the redemption of the Alabaster itself.

PS...They didn't even offer me any Alabaster, but who can blame them. That would downright foolish...lol :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33297

A A good rule of thumb is that for every hour of inconvenience a problem causes 10,000 Alabaster added to your inventory will counteract. Now go build some more Alabaster masons.

Challenge accepted @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings :D:D:rolleyes:

jpGQKCo.png

DeletedUser31592

Dang it. I'm both an Alabaster Baron (have 6 Alabaster Masons in 1 city) AND the problem solver and I didn't get the gift of diamonds....
It must be because my Alabaster is boosted. Unboosted Alabaster is far more powerful.