• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What order should I be leveling GBs?

Nashtah

Hello

I am trying to level all my GBs to about level 60 so that they are all doing more than an event build and I get more for my land. I have Arc 86 and CdM, Zeus, CoA, CC and Traz all at 60 with HC at 58 or they will be there in the next week. I would like some help on ordering the other nine GBs I have in a list for which to do first. All of my GBs at at level 10-15 hoping to get to level unless stated otherwise.

Inno
AO
SC to level 28 or 41
Hagia
CF,
Kra
ToR
SMB to level 40 as I don't have more prints
GT

Please note at this time I am not looking to build any new GBs but to get those nine leveled up
Thank you for your time.

Ebeondi Asi

Different players will hae different priorities.
Some favor CF because they like to do RQs. If you do not like to do RQ's the CF is a total waste of time.
If you fight a lot, AO is helpful both for fighting and for the Forge Points it gives. If you do not fight. AO is a very expensive version of Cape.
SMB is useful if you tend to convert Coins to Forge Points. If you never do, then SMB is not nearly as helpful
Inno needs a lot of Happiness to really level it. and depending on your Era. As there is a bottleneck in Happy just before Future. Once in or past Future that usually is not an issue.
Space Carrier is a must if you mostly Negotiate. If you mostly fight, then leave SC at a low level until you enter Arctic Future. Leveling it up after Arctic helps with the SC secondary special goods.
So you see the one size fit all approach is not the best way to approach this. Players can do things based on advice. or do them based on thinking through what is best for your own game.

BruteForceAttack

Hello

I am trying to level all my GBs to about level 60 so that they are all doing more than an event build and I get more for my land. I have Arc 86 and CdM, Zeus, CoA, CC and Traz all at 60 with HC at 58 or they will be there in the next week. I would like some help on ordering the other nine GBs I have in a list for which to do first. All of my GBs at at level 10-15 hoping to get to level unless stated otherwise.

Inno
AO
SC to level 28 or 41
Hagia
CF,
Kra
ToR
SMB to level 40 as I don't have more prints
GT

Please note at this time I am not looking to build any new GBs but to get those nine leveled up
Thank you for your time.

Are you a fighter or farmer? Which Age are you in?

BTW Zeus/CoA/CDM and TA should be stopped at an odd level to get attack/def.. E.g. either 59 or 61 and not 60

If you do lot of battle grounds FP only gbs are not worth it IMO, so Karken, Hagia will be less priority. It is also good to have goods producing Gbs for GBG like ToB, LoA, SMB etc.

Ebeondi Asi

Goods producing GB that function is really only of any help in the lower Eras.
If you have a lot of Event Buildings (they most all produce current Era Goods) You do not need GBs that make Goods. Also If you are in a higher Era, Goods producing GBs make three Era earlier Goods, not current Era goods, useless for anything other than the regular Goods making building (which most everyone no longer use due to all the Event Buildings making Goods without the hassle of needing earlier Era goods to create the current ones So IMO all Goods producing GB in higher Eras have zero value as faar as making Goods goes. (The one exception is Truce, which makes any Era you aid)
With that, some high Era players like to have extra lower Era Goods being made. to aid tresury, to sell, to give away. )

Nashtah

Are you a fighter or farmer? Which Age are you in?

BTW Zeus/CoA/CDM and TA should be stopped at an odd level to get attack/def.. E.g. either 59 or 61 and not 60

If you do lot of battle grounds FP only gbs are not worth it IMO, so Karken, Hagia will be less priority. It is also good to have goods producing Gbs for GBG like ToB, LoA, SMB etc.

Thank you all for your replys.

I fight some, about 20-100 battles daily most of those are hood, GvG and BG. Attack bonus is at 280/235
I buy FP with gold about 50-100 a week or more, I also make 450fp daily.
I trade a lot, about 10K a month, high ranking guilds hit me up for goods for GvG or that is the only thing that I can understand is happening with amount bought at a time.
I negotiate most of GE and see no need for more than 7 or 8 to have a chance at the bonus.
Zeus/CoA/CDM are at 61
I have 25,000 extra happiness, the reason of starting with Inno.

I am in Colonial, and in the top five of my hood.
I want my GB's to be better than event buildings, and all of the better players in my guild/friend list have all of their GB's at 60 plus so the end of the sweet spot of about 60 looked like a good spot to lift them all to before going back and lift them again to higher levels.

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

Thank you all for your replys.

I fight some, about 20-100 battles daily most of those are hood, GvG and BG. Attack bonus is at 280/235
I buy FP with gold about 50-100 a week or more, I also make 450fp daily.
I trade a lot, about 10K a month, high ranking guilds hit me up for goods for GvG or that is the only thing that I can understand is happening with amount bought at a time.
I negotiate most of GE and see no need for more than 7 or 8 to have a chance at the bonus.
Zeus/CoA/CDM are at 61
I have 25,000 extra happiness, the reason of starting with Inno.

I am in Colonial, and in the top five of my hood.
I want my GB's to be better than event buildings, and all of the better players in my guild/friend list have all of their GB's at 60 plus so the end of the sweet spot of about 60 looked like a good spot to lift them all to before going back and lift them again to higher levels.

If you trade a lot then I'd strongly consider working on ToB, LoA, SMB. GT you will get plenty of goods. Now if you do recurring quests consider leveling your CF that will also give you goods. Think about it this way you get non-plunderable goods that you can trade and maybe even for higher age goods. It is better to have these gbs when you are lower age then building them when you get to higher ages.

Since you already have zeus, CoA/CDM at 61, I'd say you should be able to fight GE 3 levels easily and most of 4 as well. GBG also also be easy for you up to 30-40 attrition. If you want to fight more I'd add TA and get it to atleast 11 and AO to 60. AO will help a lot with BG.

IMO Inno and Hagia are not worth it now, because you can easily make fps in battle grounds. Kraken is just a glorified expensive FP GB so I'd not bother leveling it either.

Since you currently do many negotiations, you can level SC to 58.

I'd add Blue Galaxy as your next GB and level it to 69 as well.

BTW Many high level guilds lack lower age goods for battle grounds that's probably why you are able to trade lot of your goods.

Nashtah

If you trade a lot then I'd strongly consider working on ToB, LoA, SMB. GT you will get plenty of goods. Now if you do recurring quests consider leveling your CF that will also give you goods. Think about it this way you get non-plunderable goods that you can trade and maybe even for higher age goods. It is better to have these gbs when you are lower age then building them when you get to higher ages.

Since you already have zeus, CoA/CDM at 61, I'd say you should be able to fight GE 3 levels easily and most of 4 as well. GBG also also be easy for you up to 30-40 attrition. If you want to fight more I'd add TA and get it to atleast 11 and AO to 60. AO will help a lot with BG.

IMO Inno and Hagia are not worth it now, because you can easily make fps in battle grounds. Kraken is just a glorified expensive FP GB so I'd not bother leveling it either.

Since you currently do many negotiations, you can level SC to 58.

I don't get plundered(0 times in the last three months) so I have stopped worrying about plunderable goods. I do get attacked about once a day but 95% fail. and the GT seems to take care of others.

I do do recurring quests but not that many only about 20 a day. A reason CF was not that high on my list to raise up.

I can fight GE at level 3 but have not tried on level 4 I do plan my fighting come of lvl 4 this round.

I hit the land crunch like everyone hits and I look at my low level GBs as poorly used land. and yes the inno and hagia are looking at the level up or get sold

Sharmon the Impaler

I don't get plundered(0 times in the last three months) so I have stopped worrying about plunderable goods. I do get attacked about once a day but 95% fail. and the GT seems to take care of others.

I do do recurring quests but not that many only about 20 a day. A reason CF was not that high on my list to raise up.

I can fight GE at level 3 but have not tried on level 4 I do plan my fighting come of lvl 4 this round.

I hit the land crunch like everyone hits and I look at my low level GBs as poorly used land. and yes the inno and hagia are looking at the level up or get sold

Later on you will not need any population building , I would not raise any pop building to more than 10 , you will trash it anyway. My population is 84K over what I need with no population buildings.

BruteForceAttack

I'd seriously think of getting rid of Inno/Hagia/Karen. The good thing about lower age goods gbs is it costs next to nothing to level them and keeps paying you off with goods. I'd for sure look into adding AO after CF to help with battle grounds.

Inno, Hagia are old school GBs for fps... these days you can get those fps easily by doing battle grounds and no need to spend fps on them

Nashtah

Thank you all.
I will remove the Inno and Hagia, put in terrace farms and work on the SC and AO for the time being. I will relook at the GBs in a couple months.

This isn't necessarily true in the later eras, but I agree.
Can I ask what later ages you are looking at? I have 30K pop unused at this point.

BruteForceAttack

Thank you all.
I will remove the Inno and Hagia, put in terrace farms and work on the SC and AO for the time being. I will relook at the GBs in a couple months.

Can I ask what later ages you are looking at? I have 30K pop unused at this point.

These days most of the event buildings give population, so the need of population gbs are all but gone. There was a time when folks used to even build Habitat.. now no one does...I'm sure inno tower will also be that way.

Folks just level up their traz if they need more troops instead of creating multiple barracks and population gbs to support them.

Like you mentioned space is key, so why spend space on outdated gbs.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Mainly SAV. Buildings are needing much more population to build as you get closer to the top, and I've been noticing people up there adding Inno back. People's mileage seems to vary depending on their play style and what they have in their city.

Nashtah

OK that is a long ways for me and relooking at it then will work. That also explain why a non-guild 1.9 I am in has saw a lot of Inno about 2 months ago.

icarusethan

These days most of the event buildings give population, so the need of population gbs are all but gone. There was a time when folks used to even build Habitat.. now no one does...I'm sure inno tower will also be that way.

Folks just level up their traz if they need more troops instead of creating multiple barracks and population gbs to support them.

Like you mentioned space is key, so why spend space on outdated gbs.
so where you put the fps you get from gbg to, sir?

Sharmon the Impaler

Thank you all.

I am in SAM and am 84 K over with just special buildings

icarusethan

okay, so in your theory, since gbg can make up the fp income, the higher A/D boost you get from your A/D GBs/AO will net you more fps, correct? my only issue with that is that you can only do a limited amount of fights per season regardless of whether you are in a good guild or a bad guild. If you are in a good guild, other players will show up when a tile opens. Thus, no matter how good your a/d boost is, it won't change your fight amounts that much. If you are in a bad guild, then you wont be able to get enough tiles to fight since you wont be in a coop. Or, let's assume you stay in plat/gold and be able to hit the tiles all the time, 10 levels on zeus/cdm/coa will give you 1-2 more attri, depending on your age. which according give you 0.35-0.7 fps. that's a horrible ROI compared to the FP buildings you think are a waste of space.
Also, FP GBs space efficiency goes up by each level, a lv 75 IT give your 1.13 fps per square, a lv70 Hagia gives you 0.97 fps per square, considering the roads. can you get better event buildings to fill those spaces? if so, can you beat them when they are lv80s? lv 120s?
lastly, if we accept your theory on FPs, you should use the same theory on your goods GBs and ditch them too since gbg income would cover them

BruteForceAttack

okay, so in your theory, since gbg can make up the fp income, the higher A/D boost you get from your A/D GBs/AO will net you more fps, correct? my only issue with that is that you can only do a limited amount of fights per season regardless of whether you are in a good guild or a bad guild. If you are in a good guild, other players will show up when a tile opens. Thus, no matter how good your a/d boost is, it won't change your fight amounts that much. If you are in a bad guild, then you wont be able to get enough tiles to fight since you wont be in a coop. Or, let's assume you stay in plat/gold and be able to hit the tiles all the time, 10 levels on zeus/cdm/coa will give you 1-2 more attri, depending on your age. which according give you 0.35-0.7 fps. that's a horrible ROI compared to the FP buildings you think are a waste of space.
Also, FP GBs space efficiency goes up by each level, a lv 75 IT give your 1.13 fps per square, a lv70 Hagia gives you 0.97 fps per square, considering the roads. can you get better event buildings to fill those spaces? if so, can you beat them when they are lv80s? lv 120s?
lastly, if we accept your theory on FPs, you should use the same theory on your goods GBs and ditch them too since gbg income would cover them

Very simple for me, Inno tower can give me what 40-50 or max 60 fps? In diamond league that is just max 6 times I have to win fp. In the last 30 days I have won 10fps from GBG over 2000 times. For me, I'd use that space for more SOH to get guild goods and fps. I use the goods gbs to trade down my goods to whichever age the guild needs goods. e.g. I can easily trade 1000 VF goods for 2000 ME goods if our guild needs ME goods desperately.