• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What priority should the trains be motivated at?

ScreamingZiva

I know there is a priority order for what buildings get motivated first (FPs first then happiness) but since the trains don't provide happiness and motivating them doesn't give any extra rewards, what priority order should they be motivated at? Currently, it looks like they are getting motivated after happiness buildings but should they be motivated before happiness buildings to protect them from plundering?

qaccy

As far as motivation goes, the Winter Train is essentially the same as any residential building you can find in the build menu and is treated as such by aid priority.

DeletedUser37581

Plundering is not a factor taken into account for motivation order. There used to be a list of the order in which buildings were motivated/polished. Now it is just an algorithm based on what rewards are changed when a building is motivated.

Algona

A recommendation. If you haven't sold them all in the AD, use a Self Aid Kit on your train after collecting to prevent plundering..

I can't take credit for that idea. Some helpful poster pointed that out to me when i asked about this a while back. Take a bow unremembered benefactor.

Edit: Found it, RazorbackPirate was the benefactor. Thanks RP!

Last edited:

Mustapha00

I knew it had what seems to be a very low Priority for Mo/Po, but I did not know why.

And a well-deserved +1 to Algona for his suggestion. I just hope not everyone who has a Train reads it, because those FP are tasty to Plunder.

DeletedUser32702

In my opinion it should be higher priority because you loose a lot of resources, including FPs.

DeletedUser32702

It Should be up there with the colossus and the asylum. They are the same type of building.

Emberguard

In my opinion it should be higher priority because you loose a lot of resources, including FPs.
If your trains are being plundered then you're not getting enough aid to motivate your whole city. If you were getting enough it wouldn't matter when it's aided as it'd still get motivated

So if the trains were motivated first you'd get a permanent reduction in production because something else isn't producing at all. Whereas the train being motivated with residentials mean you only lose productions on the days you're being plundered. In the long run having it aided after your other buildings increases your income by more then if it were taking away that motivation from something else.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Sounds like you need to concentrate on cleaning out the deadwood from your friend's list and add some new friends.

Aid from your Town Hall, on the social interactions tab. Anyone left on your friend's list that still shows as needing aid after you aided from your Town Hall hasn't aided you in at least 6 days. Get rid of them. I usually clear out the deadwood once every week or two, too often may get rid of good friends that just had to step away for a few days.

For finding new friends, assuming you have invites left, I recommend looking in the tavern of some of your higher level friends and looking to see who is sitting there. Visit that person's city, and if their tavern isn't full it is a good assumption that they are active and will make a good friend. Send them an invite. If they accept, great. If they don't, don't stress over it and keep looking.

As an interim for your train until you get enough friends to keep your city motivated, use a self aid kit on your locomotive right after you collect (you don't need to do the whole train, just the locomotive).