• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What the heck is a spot?

I’m new to the game, am in an active guild and have no idea what spots are in a thread trade. I’ve searched the forum without success. Can someone explain this? Thanks.

DevaCat

I’m new to the game, am in an active guild and have no idea what spots are in a thread trade. I’ve searched the forum without success. Can someone explain this? Thanks.
Hello Babz! They are talking about positions on a great buildings donations list. Like the top spot would be position number one. The top 5 spots/positions are where the rewards will be.

CherryButterfly

If you open a GB to the area where you would add FPs, at the right side of the point where it shows how much each person has contributed, there is a "spot" for 1st, 2nd, etc. This will tell you the rewards given for each "spot." or, place. Plus will give you any additional things, FPs, BPs, or medals it will give you if you have an Arc.
The Arc will raise these contribution rewards, and the rate, or percentage, at which they are raised corresponds with the level of your Arc. As your Arc level rises, the higher your percentage will rise.
Good luck to you!

Thanks for the welcome and clearing this up. I am in the Late Middle Ages and have just built the Cathedral of Aachen. There are three FP contributors so these would be in 1st, 2nd and 3rd spots, yes?

OK. When my guild begins a 10FP trade thread, I post the cathedral to the thread and donate 10 FP to the person ahead of me In the thread. Then the next person to post a GB contributes 10 FP to my cathedral. Where are the spots here?

wolfhoundtoo

You have to be in the top 5 spots when the GB is leveled (i.e. the current level is finished). Each time you donate you would could see where you placed on the list so unless you end up contributing more you won't win any rewards (whether or not it makes sense to contribute more is a different question).

As for receiving nothing in return that's not entirely true. Unless you aren't posting your GB to the thread you should be receiving forge points into your GB in return. You might not win anything but you didn't lose anything either.

DreadfulCadillac

Another newbie question: "Posting your GB to the thread" - does this refer to the guild message thread?
Whichever fp swap or 1.9/1.85 etc thread the Poster was referring to. It is a Guild message, however a lot of older guilds haven't fully converted to the new system, so they may be under the "social" category

You have to be in the top 5 spots when the GB is leveled (i.e. the current level is finished). Each time you donate you would could see where you placed on the list so unless you end up contributing more you won't win any rewards (whether or not it makes sense to contribute more is a different question).

As for receiving nothing in return that's not entirely true. Unless you aren't posting your GB to the thread you should be receiving forge points into your GB in return. You might not win anything but you didn't lose anything either.
Hi, I finally understand about the first five spots. They offer rewards when a level is reached if I have donated (adequate) FP to another player’s GB.

What I’m confused about is how FP are awarded in a trade thread. For example, a couple of days ago I posted a GB of mine to a trade thread in my guild, donated FP to the player ahead of me but when it was over my GB had the same number of FP as it did when I started. It may be that I joined a thread with certain minimums I couldn’t meet, or maybe I did something else wrong, but I’m going to stay away from trade threads until I know what to expect.

Agent327

What I’m confused about is how FP are awarded in a trade thread. For example, a couple of days ago I posted a GB of mine to a trade thread in my guild, donated FP to the player ahead of me but when it was over my GB had the same number of FP as it did when I started. It may be that I joined a thread with certain minimums I couldn’t meet, or maybe I did something else wrong, but I’m going to stay away from trade threads until I know what to expect.

That is something you need to address in your guild.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I think some people are getting confused because trade threads are where you post goods to trade with other players.

Swap threads are used for contributing the specific amount of fp listed in the title of the thread to the building above you, and the next person to post contributes that amount to yours. Even if you don't get a reward, you still get your fp back in the form of the next player's donation to your building. Most guilds have many different swap threads for varying amounts and/or building types.

1.8/1.85/1.9/1.93, ect. threads are where a player posts their great building for specific positions that they list, and someone donates the amount of fp for that position times the % amount listed. So on a 1.9 thread if 5th place is available for the normal reward of 10 fp, then 10 x 1.9 = 19 fp. That is the amount that would be contributed for that position. These threads give the most consistent fp return, since positions are guaranteed by the owner priming spots prior to listing them, but are designed for use by players with a level 70+ Arc, since the Arc boosts the reward fp. At level 80, an Arc gives a 90% bonus, or 1.9 x the base reward.

Request threads are where someone posts a building up simply asking for fp donations. A lot of the buildings posted in these threads have positions available for either cheap fp, cheap blueprints, or both. Like 1.x threads above, these are straight donation threads, not swaps. You won't get anything back unless you secure a reward position.

The type of thread you are talking about makes a difference to the circumstances in this case.

wolfhoundtoo

Hi, I finally understand about the first five spots. They offer rewards when a level is reached if I have donated (adequate) FP to another player’s GB.

Well I was presuming that 'trade' in this case meant a forge point swap thread. Generally the way those work is there is only 1 active post at a time. For example if I wanted to participate in the 5 forge point swap thread (titles will vary between guilds) it would generally work like this:

I read the last post by guild mate "Smith" which says something along usually just mentions a great building (we will use Zeus as an example). I then post in the name of the great building that I want the person AFTER me to donate to in the thread (in this case I'll go with the Lighthouse of Alexandria). I then put 5 fps into Smith's Zeus.

It is possible that the next player didn't contribute to your GB in which case you'd have to talk to your guild mate or leaders to address that issue. It is also possible that you might of wandered into a thread that didn't work the way we described it. You should message in the guild chat thread or directly a few of the leaders/higher up guild members to see if they are willing to explain it to you.

CherryButterfly

I agree, it does matter which type thread you are using. In my Guild, it will say on top- 5 FP Swap, 10 FP Swap, or whatever the amount. If you are posting in the last person's GB, and then adding yours to the bottom of the list, but aren't seeing ANY increase in your building, it's time to take that up with the Heads of your Guild. After some activity, If a player is now listed below you , he is the one that should have contributed to yours. If you are still at the end of the list, you may not have joined a very active Guild.
If there is nobody that will answer your questions like these within the Guild, it's time to find another Guild.

Well I was presuming that 'trade' in this case meant a forge point swap thread. Generally the way those work is there is only 1 active post at a time. For example if I wanted to participate in the 5 forge point swap thread (titles will vary between guilds) it would generally work like this:

I read the last post by guild mate "Smith" which says something along usually just mentions a great building (we will use Zeus as an example). I then post in the name of the great building that I want the person AFTER me to donate to in the thread (in this case I'll go with the Lighthouse of Alexandria). I then put 5 fps into Smith's Zeus.

It is possible that the next player didn't contribute to your GB in which case you'd have to talk to your guild mate or leaders to address that issue. It is also possible that you might of wandered into a thread that didn't work the way we described it. You should message in the guild chat thread or directly a few of the leaders/higher up guild members to see if they are willing to explain it to you.
Thanks for this useful info. I did ask guild members what I might have been doing wrong, got no reply. Left that guild, wiser and smarter! I was simply in over my head.

To clarify, twice I posted a GB to a low-level (5 or 10 FP) thread, donated the correct # of FP to the player ahead of me. No one posted a GB after me.

DevaCat

To clarify, twice I posted a GB to a low-level (5 or 10 FP) thread, donated the correct # of FP to the player ahead of me. No one posted a GB after me.
Ahh, if no one posted their GB after yours then (depending how long you waited) it sounds like a very dead guild. You would not get fps put on your gb until someone else wandered in (or woke up) and added their gb to the thread.

A swap thread is endless in the sense that it continues as long as someone puts their gb in it and pays to the one before them, and someone else does the same, etc. I guess if the thread had no activity for 60 days (?) it could disappear.

Looking for another guild, ask something like "Can someone explain how the swaps work?" If you don't get a pretty quick response, keep moving until you find a live one. :)