• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What will happen when GbG and GvG both got removed?

JoyfulRider

Tired of making battles with Checkers, Softlocks, Fighting rapidly, Capturing sectors day by day and Reset's.
Kind of losing fun in the game, but to maintain guild rules forcing mind to do those damn battles.
Little reluctant to the game approach nowadays and Still keeping a flow in the game because of events and quests.
If GbG and GvG both got removed as a mere anomalies in the game, (if it happens) what will happen to the game.

JoyfulRider

Stop playing them.
Other than stop playing them, you know any ways to remove it. Because, it will be available when am not willing to use it from my city. Please suggest if you know any ways to remove them other than stop playing it. Because it will show myself didn't participate, first of all am not willing to enter itself. Stop playing gives a feeling like myself missed which is wrong. Myself wanted to omit not give a impression like missed.

icarusethan

Other than stop playing them, you know any ways to remove it. Because, it will be available when am not willing to use it from my city. Please suggest if you know any ways to remove them other than stop playing it.
delete your city, then you wont miss out a single thing

RazorbackPirate

Just because it's there, you don't have to play it. If you don't like it, don't play it. Not playing it is the equivalent of removing it from your game. It is still there, but you don't interact with it, as if it were not there. Problem solved.

Emberguard

There’s very little difference between you taking the initiative on never participating on the aspects you don’t want to play and those features not existing. So just don’t use the features you don’t want in the game and you’ll get what you want: a game without those features. If you then change your mind you can always come back to them later

67Sage101

The issue is reward saturation.

GBG is only played for the REWARDS received from doing it. And thus most people just mold their cities for attack and push the auto battle button. But, even that becomes annoying after doing it over and over week after week.

The developers have only one answer to this conundrum because they cannot increase the rewards without adding to reward saturation. Thus the only answer can be to step away, miss the rewards, and then come back later.

The Lady Redneck

I would rather be able to remove all the Events They used to be a pleasant diversion from war and city building. A bit like going to the movies or a show in RL. But now Events aimed at kids and teenagers have swamped the game. To expect me to give up what I enjoy to play kids games is an insult. I cannot delete them from my city so I simply ignore them. Except for any stuff that will be useful to me. If by doing so I end up with the main building. well and good. If I get bits of it (usually more useful as they are fodder for the AD) am ok with that. And a few I might build. But I will NOT make them my main focus. Far from it.

But if you are of a mindset that enjoys the events but not the real game, then maybe you would be better looking for something more to your liking.

RazorbackPirate

I would rather be able to remove all the Events They used to be a pleasant diversion from war and city building. A bit like going to the movies or a show in RL. But now Events aimed at kids and teenagers have swamped the game. To expect me to give up what I enjoy to play kids games is an insult. I cannot delete them from my city so I simply ignore them. Except for any stuff that will be useful to me. If by doing so I end up with the main building. well and good. If I get bits of it (usually more useful as they are fodder for the AD) am ok with that. And a few I might build. But I will NOT make them my main focus. Far from it.

But if you are of a mindset that enjoys the events but not the real game, then maybe you would be better looking for something more to your liking.
I've been playing for a bit over 3 years, starting about the time Events went to the schedule they are on now. Same schedule for 3 years now, but suddenly it's a kids game? Do you actually know any kids who play? In this game kids are a rarity.

But let's not let facts get in the way of a good rant.

The Lady Redneck

LOL RBP it was a bit of a rant. The game has got me doing a lot of that recently. Yes there are the same number of Events but as they are getting revamped they are becoming more like kids games. And the new stuff they are adding ( PvP Arena and GBG as it is) are hardly things that need any degree of attention span)

But as for how many kids are now in the game. Yes they were a rarity. I cannot give a number. But now and again when playing GvG and it gets glitchy (we use guild chat for that) If the game freezes and I need to refresh or reboot. The game opens up again but in global chat. And sometimes it is just a bunch of teens being goofy (being polite here as some have potty mouths) a few times the kids have seemed young enough for someone to ask if their parents know they are playing the game. They just say they are allowed to play that their mom/dad set it up for them. And no they do not need monitored as they are not that young.

And as for kids games. When my 10 and 12 yr old neices come to visit. First thing they ask is if my game has an Event running. The younger one loves the Spring Event her big sister is into Soccer so loves that one. And for some reason they both fight over the St Paddy's one. They will be here next weekend so I will turn them loose on this one and also the new Wildlife one on Beta. But I will be there and once they finish playing the kiddy bit I take over. They do love it when I am fighting the hood and plundering. And did like to watch GBG back when we did fight. but now they find it boring. They would love to get the game on their phones just so they could play the events. But that is not going to happen.

Ebeondi Asi

Even Guilds heavily into GbG may have players who do not participate. If your Guild requires participation. find a different Guild. Be nice ask to stop playing GbG GE and say can you stay or if I go can I return when I change my mind.
Plenty of players get tired and stop playing hard for a bit, and find a easy laid back Guild to hang in for awhile. no problem.

Johnny B. Goode

It is remarkably easy to just ignore the parts of the game other than the basic running of your city. Unless you're wanting to be in an active guild. That's the tradeoff. I play strictly in solo guilds, which gives me the opportunity to participate in most game features or not participate in any, depending only on my current mood. Try that in an active guild and you can expect to be out of that guild sooner rather than later.