• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What's Left???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitKit035

After the forum mod Stephen Longshanks closed the recent Proposal thread on ground it was in the "Do Not Post List" of making game easier, I went and checked it out. I have never posted in this section (don't think) but I have replied to several. My question is 2 fold: How many have you ever read this pin post? What's left to propose because anything that "us" members would suggest/propose is on that list?

For those of you who have not read the post here is the list of what not to post for a proposal:
Original Post

Do Not Suggest List

• Ideas to make yourself richer...or make the game easier. (The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.)
  • Building rotation (Placing your buildings in optimum positions is part of the game.)
  • Changes/Additions to GvG
  • Any unit upgrades
  • Server clock
  • Anything that is already available through Diamond purchase
  • Anything changing the production times for coins, supplies, units, etc. (This includes Great Buildings.)
  • Changes regarding Diamonds (Costs of items and features, package prices, uses of Diamonds, easier access to Diamonds, etc.)
  • Changes to size of Forge Point bar or changes to where Forge Points earned/won are placed. (FP bar or inventory.)
  • Better trade ratios (Things are supposed to be limited so there is no account feeding.)
  • Trading of items other than Goods (This is simply too open for abuse.)
  • Any proposal to alter, delete or limit plundering
  • Additional expansions in any way
  • Ability to prioritize the order in which buildings in your city receive aid.
  • Gifting of buildings, inventory items, etc.
  • New buildings or items (Buildings and items are developed in accordance with a feature, event or era so balance within the game is ensured.)
  • New worlds with other game conditions (Double speed, no PvP, etc.)
  • Removal of features (Such as opting out of PvP.)
  • Suggestions for new Great Buildings or changes to Great Building bonuses (If there is an issue with a new GB that needs balancing, it should be discussed in the appropriate feedback thread.)
  • Changes to existing rewards
  • Bringing computer functions to mobile devices
  • Any improvements to Inno itself (Staff and new servers.)
  • Proposals must be in English
  • Do not place a proposal up for voting of any kind.
Not trying to step on toes, but trying to get some answers here. Worked as a forum Mod and a member of several forums, but have never seen or been apart of one that is done like this one.

Algona

How many have you ever read this pin post? What's left to propose because anything that "us" members would suggest/propose is on that list?
Yup. Read it.

What;s left? I dunno.

I'm happy with whatever INNO sends our way. I may not like same aspect or change, but since everyone has to play under the same rules and INNO tends to make good decisions about changes and additions and because a quarter million players all have their own opinions on what should be changed I'm OK with the devs saying:

"We know thousands of players want all these things on the Dnsl and we 1) Don't think they are good for the game and 2) Don't want to be innundated with Proposals for things we don't think are good for the game."

The Devs have a specific process to allow the player base to recommend changes which is pretty cool. I don't see it as an onerous burden on the player base to agree with their desires on the limits they want to put on the process.

A question though to ponder, and I'd be curious to see what the forum community thinks on this one, if you could take 3 items off the Dnsl, what would they be?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Within the constraints of this list, there are many proposals over the last several months that avoid being in violation of it. Ideas to improve the messaging system. Ideas to improve accessibility for those with various vision impairment. Ideas to be able to reverse unintended actions. There are others. I'm not in favor of all of them, but when an idea seeks to improve the game and not just make it easier on the particular player making the proposal it stands a much better chance of getting a positive reception. I am also open to anyone messaging me directly before posting a proposal to see if it falls under the Do Not Suggest List.

I understand that the constraints of having such a list bothers some players, but the alternative is to have no list and wasting a lot of time and effort discussing/arguing things that the developers are:
A) Already working on.
B) Never going to work on.
Many people do not like boundaries, either in a game or in real life, but the boundaries usually serve a very important role in both venues.

KitKit035

I am also very happy with the game and what the developers have done. Some of the things on that list make perfect sense because it does change the core of the game. There is at least one, though more, items on that list that is open for interpretation. And I know that when this game came out it was for computer only, but computers in homes are fast becoming a thing of the past. So the Do Not Propose Bringing computer functions to mobile devices, the developers need to rethink. Yes there are going to be something that can't be done on mobile, GvG, and the developers have so far made progress to find solutions for this, but surely there are some other key features that can be brought over to the mobile app. (And trying to do it through chrome by HTML platform is a joke. So that work around is no good.)

DeletedUser

And I know that when this game came out it was for computer only, but computers in homes are fast becoming a thing of the past. So the Do Not Propose Bringing computer functions to mobile devices, the developers need to rethink.
That one is on there because some things they are/have been working on bringing to mobile already, and other things they've already decided they will not be bringing to mobile. An example of the former would be the full 5 day Event History. They were working on bringing that to mobile already, so there was no sense in someone proposing it. An example of the latter would be GvG. They have already decided that they will not be bringing it to mobile, so again there is no sense in someone proposing it. And since they're not going to give us a list of what they are or are not going to work on, a blanket policy on those types of proposals makes the most sense.

Emberguard

And I know that when this game came out it was for computer only, but computers in homes are fast becoming a thing of the past. So the Do Not Propose Bringing computer functions to mobile devices, the developers need to rethink
The devs are already working to make everything that's on one platform to be as close as possible to what's on the other platform. It's a case of they're already working on that and anything that doesn't make it is because it's not possible to translate over

DeletedUser

I think the original questions have been answered. So in agreement with the OP, I will close this thread. Thanks for everyone's input.

Status
Not open for further replies.