1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

What's The Best Beer?

Discussion in 'Debate Hall' started by mamboking053, May 17, 2019.

1. mamboking053

mamboking053 Active Member

I'm drinking Corona Extra. I'm not sure what's Extra about it, but it got me wondering... What's the best beer to drink? I've heard a lot about imported beers, but never tried except one time when I went to Glasgow and got meself poured something that looked like coffee in a beer mug.

2. KungQu

KungQu Well-Known Member

There's no one best beer. We've all got different tastes and opinions and the only one that matters is yours. I drank a Kolsch from Ordinance Brewing tonight. It was delicious. My refrigerator has a dozen or more bottles of beer in different styles and from domestic and foreign brewers. I've also got several bottles of wine in there with similar provenance. For me variety is the spice of life. One of my friends has drunk Budlight for years and has no desire to drink anything else.

Wolfy of Moonville likes this.
  3. Pythagoras 1290 The Dire

Pythagoras 1290 The Dire Well-Known Member

I rarely drink alcohol. When I do, it's usually bourbon. I do occasionally enjoy a stout beer paired with a good steak, but I'm not really a connoisseur when it comes to beer. I stick to Guinness.

4. KungQu

KungQu Well-Known Member

My definition of a connoisseur is somebody that depends on their own preferences to decide what they like.

5. Pythagoras 1290 The Dire

Pythagoras 1290 The Dire Well-Known Member

Well said.

KungQu likes this.
  6. Wolfy of Moonville

Wolfy of Moonville New Member

So many beers, so little time. All a matter of opinion. In my world, I’d have to say Samuel Adams (the regular, not the seasonal). Heavy enough, not overly sweet, pleasant taste. On the other side of the coin, I’ve hated every light beer I’ve tried (equivalent to low fat ice cream or peanut butter, my enjoyment goes out the window). Also, any beer with citrus is not for me. Cheers!

plinker and KungQu like this.
  7. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

What do American beer and making love in a canoe have in common?

They're both f***Ing close to water.

I do like several local IPAs. I like that hoppy bitterness. It seems to be the Golden Age of Brewing here in the States.

8. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

I prefer red wine, TBH, although I do like Mexican brands of beer.

9. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member

Samuel Adams Octoberfest is the bomb!

10. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Wait. Aren't you 13? How do you know that?

KungQu, plinker and Graviton like this.
  11. Wolfy of Moonville

Wolfy of Moonville New Member

I like certain beers but red wine is my main social lubricant. My favorite is Malbec from Argentina.

12. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

Customers at the restaurant seem to like Vonu, Haywoods 5,000 and Kingfisher the best

13. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member

Certain holidays! That's all I have to say!!

RazorbackPirate likes this.
  14. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

In my case (I am 15, tho, you already know), it's the mere fact that I am Mexican. ;)

15. Oswyn the kind

Oswyn the kind Active Member

guiness the nectar of the gods. as well as guiness IPA, MGD lite, modelo especial, sol, tecate, corona extra, stella artois and negra modelo. *burp

16. tuttipizze

tuttipizze New Member

Gambrinus.
    /thread

17. GrowVIC

GrowVIC New Member

I prefer rum, but when I drink beer, its usually Yuengling

Godly Luke likes this.