• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What's the difference between worlds?

DeletedUser38613

Want to start a new city in the new world, but apparently there seems to be a difference between each world. I don't understand what the differences is? Are they all the same format. Because I know that one of the NPC for the story of quest said to take over East-Nagach which I currently started in plus I started in another world called Brisgard and the layout seemed exactly the same to me. Any help folks?

DeletedUser38090

There are no differences between worlds in terms of standard gameplay (you'll have access to the same tech tree, same building requirements, etc.), but the players and their cities will be different in each world (along with guilds, great buildings available, etc. that are based on those two other factors).

Worlds are named after random province names. If a quest in Brisgard says "take over East-Nagach", it means it wants you to take over the province East-Nagach on your Brisgard town continent map. Your other towns have nothing to do with what the quest wants you to do.

DeletedUser

Want to start a new city in the new world, but apparently there seems to be a difference between each world. I don't understand what the differences is? Are they all the same format. Because I know that one of the NPC for the story of quest said to take over East-Nagach which I currently started in plus I started in another world called Brisgard and the layout seemed exactly the same to me. Any help folks?
The worlds are exactly the same. The main difference will be that some worlds have been around a lot longer than others. They were created alphabetically, so you should be able to figure out which are the oldest. Other than the players, your goods boosts will probably be different, although they are random so you might have some the same. And basically that's it. There are no designed differences between the various worlds.

UBERhelp1

Actually, there are some differences between worlds. The closer to the top of the worlds list a world is, the longer it has been around. This means that there will be more higher-age players in these worlds. It depends on your playstyle on whether you prefer more higher age or lower age players.

DeletedUser38090

It depends on your playstyle on whether you prefer more higher age or lower age players.
Also if you want to get higher rankings, it's significantly much easier to do it on a newer world than an older one.

Super Catanian

Also if you want to get higher rankings, it's significantly much easier to do it on a newer world than an older one.
I can agree. I have cities in East-Nagach (us5) and Odhrorvar (us14), which are significantly apart.
Even though my city in Odhrorvar is slightly more developed, that makes a difference of 3000 ranking points.

DeletedUser38090

I can agree. I have cities in East-Nagach (us5) and Odhrorvar (us14), which are significantly apart.
Even though my city in Odhrorvar is slightly more developed, that makes a difference of 3000 ranking points.

Yeah, one of my acquaintances I've made through the FoE unofficial wiki is top 2 in Y, and he started that world 3 months after its release. If he decided to go to Arvahall at that time instead of Y, he'd probably have to spend a lot more money to get to top 2.

Agent327

They all have different names.